honestlyspkng

wacky AOS interview just normal

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks everyone;

The interviewer must have been just as everyone said, the drone who had to check on everything he did not know. We have received Perm res cards and EAD and received subsequent ss cards. I thought I would be done with these folks for a year and nine months, but they spelled our child's middle name wrong on her card, so I have to be back on the phone with them.

The Vaccination Supplement was all I needed and the medical in Kiev was accepted as her medical within the las year.

I have found the site to be helpful in every respect, especially while we were waiting. Those of you still waiting, hang on. When it finally happens, it sure is wonderful and is certainly worth waiting for.

Those who have been through AOS I have a question for. Is there anything I should be doing in the coming year to prepare for the 751 to make the experience less frustrating and preparation before the interview less of a fire drill.

Thanks again

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Thanks everyone;

The interviewer must have been just as everyone said, the drone who had to check on everything he did not know. We have received Perm res cards and EAD and received subsequent ss cards. I thought I would be done with these folks for a year and nine months, but they spelled our child's middle name wrong on her card, so I have to be back on the phone with them.

The Vaccination Supplement was all I needed and the medical in Kiev was accepted as her medical within the las year.

I have found the site to be helpful in every respect, especially while we were waiting. Those of you still waiting, hang on. When it finally happens, it sure is wonderful and is certainly worth waiting for.

Those who have been through AOS I have a question for. Is there anything I should be doing in the coming year to prepare for the 751 to make the experience less frustrating and preparation before the interview less of a fire drill.

Thanks again

Yes. Take a look in the "lifting conditions" forum. At the top are some pinned topics, among them I just had some meetings with the director at VSC that handles the I-751s among other things. He had some great advice on evidence you should be collecting and I put it all there.

Good luck.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks again

What I found very helpful was to set aside a box. Whenever mail came in that was addressed to both of us or related to bills we jointly paid, or I (as the immigrant) paid for the house, or indicated a joint social involvement with the community, travel tickets and baggage claims, newsletter welcoming me to my job, etc. I just put it into the box. Anything financial that didn't have an obvious repeating function and was filed accordingly (ie bank statements, credit card statements, etc.) went into that box. By the time I needed to file to remove conditions the box had a lot of documents in it. I was able to go through and select a nice assortment of evidence that showed our life together over the two years since the AOS was approved. I then supplemented the information with ongoing financial documents from the files - those same bank statements, credit card statements, etc. and had more than enough information from which to choose. So, set up a box now and start collecting. You'll be surprised at what will show up as evidence that you wouldn't have remembered otherwise.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks so much everyone. I always get good reliable information here and really good suggestions.

Tania and I appreciate all the help we receive here. It has made the process a little easier to understand

and prepare for, not to mention less frustrating. Valery is in school and loves it, Tania looks for work now

and it seems like life in the movies. Thanks to everyone once again. Now I need to find a box.........

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks everyone;

Thanks again

Congrats

JNR

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.