Wait_A_Minute

Petitioner's divorcee decree with DS-230

14 posts in this topic

Yes!! Original or certified copy.

Dec 15,2009 - Assigned interview date on January 24,2010!!

Jan. 24, 2010 - Interview!! Approved

Jan. 28, 2010 - VISA received

Mar. 03,2010 - POE, New York (JFK)

Apr. 12,2010- CA ID

May 20,2010- CA Driving License

May, 25,2010-Wife told me that she is pregnant ^_^

Jan.25,2011- Our daughter was born

Lee and Jen + Karenza

Actually No, the DS-230 pertains to the Beneficiarys info, not the petitioners, but you made need the petitioners divorce decres at the interview. Check on Lings short cuts, no mention of divorce decree for petitioner for the DS-230 packet.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Actually No, the DS-230 pertains to the Beneficiarys info, not the petitioners, but you made need the petitioners divorce decres at the interview. Check on Lings short cuts, no mention of divorce decree for petitioner for the DS-230 packet.

That is what I thought. DS230 pertains to beneficiery. Although it doesn't hurt to include my (petitioner's) divorcee decree, i don't want to confuse things.

Just send what is required. I checked Ling's short cut and it says divorcee decree (but doesn't say beneficiary or petitioner)..

Peace!

That is what I thought. DS230 pertains to beneficiery. Although it doesn't hurt to include my (petitioner's) divorcee decree, i don't want to confuse things.

Just send what is required. I checked Ling's short cut and it says divorcee decree (but doesn't say beneficiary or petitioner)..

The DS-230 pertains to the beneficiary, its all their information, and documents. Nothing on the Petitioner there. Not even a signature for the Petitoner required for DS-230 form.

Truly happy!!!

The DS-230 pertains to the beneficiary, its all their information, and documents. Nothing on the Petitioner there. Not even a signature for the Petitoner required for DS-230 form.

One last thing, Im the petitioner, I was divorced, I did NOT send my divorce decree with the DS-230 for my husband the beneficary, and I finished NVC and have a interview. Now does that answer your question???

Truly happy!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

One last thing, Im the petitioner, I was divorced, I did NOT send my divorce decree with the DS-230 for my husband the beneficary, and I finished NVC and have a interview. Now does that answer your question???

she is correct. the USC should've already sent it in with the I-130, so don't need to send it again. just keep a copy handy if it somehow disappears on its way to the embassy/consulate

she is correct. the USC should've already sent it in with the I-130, so don't need to send it again. just keep a copy handy if it somehow disappears on its way to the embassy/consulate

At USCIS you can send a photocopy, but in NVC you are required to submit original copies.

Checked the website for travel.state.gov, a copy of either petitioner or beneficiary must submit their original Divorce Decree for this will be submitted to the US Embassy where the interview will occur. However, for assurance during the interview you have to bring another original copy of it for NVC might lost it during the whole process.

Dec 15,2009 - Assigned interview date on January 24,2010!!

Jan. 24, 2010 - Interview!! Approved

Jan. 28, 2010 - VISA received

Mar. 03,2010 - POE, New York (JFK)

Apr. 12,2010- CA ID

May 20,2010- CA Driving License

May, 25,2010-Wife told me that she is pregnant ^_^

Jan.25,2011- Our daughter was born

Lee and Jen + Karenza

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

At USCIS you can send a photocopy, but in NVC you are required to submit original copies.

Checked the website for travel.state.gov, a copy of either petitioner or beneficiary must submit their original Divorce Decree for this will be submitted to the US Embassy where the interview will occur. However, for assurance during the interview you have to bring another original copy of it for NVC might lost it during the whole process.

again, the ds-230 has nothing to do with the USC. it doesn't ask if the USC was priviously married. i didn't send mine in. i sent my certified copy to uscis, we were approved long ago

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I was looking at this , as well - thinking that I (the USC Petitioner ) would have to submit my divorce decree whilst at NVC Processing Stage.

I ran through all of the pages at http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html and could not find ANYTHING about the Petitioner's Divorce Decree Documents.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline
I was looking at this , as well - thinking that I (the USC Petitioner ) would have to submit my divorce decree whilst at NVC Processing Stage.

I ran through all of the pages at http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html and could not find ANYTHING about the Petitioner's Divorce Decree Documents.

Good Luck !

Hi there Darnell...Thanks you saved the day again :) .

Thanks everyone for your help.

Peace!

Timeline

Thaks Paris. It helped big time.

Peace!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Do I (petitioner) need to submit my divorcee decree with DS-230?

I didn't send my divorce decree with the DS-230 and we had no issues. I gave my wife the original divorce decree to her so she can take it with her during the interview.

12/07/2009 - POE LAX

12/16/2009 - Received GC in mail

Removal Of Conditions 09-09-2011

09-09-2011 : Mailed ROC packet

09-12-2011 : Packet Arrived CSC (delayed from labor day long weekend)

09-14-2011 : Check Cashed

09-14-2011 : NOA1 dated 09-12-2011

09-19-2011 : Early walk-in Biometrics completed (Original date 10/03/2011)

02-07-2012 : Green Card Approved

02-11-2012 : Green Card Received

Citizenship

09-07-2012 : Mailed N-400 package

09-10-2012 : N-400 Package delivered

09-13-2012 : Check cashed, email and text received with case number

09-14-2012 : Biometrics letter mailed

09-15-2012 : NOA received dated 09-10

09-17-2012 : Biometrics letter received for 09-27

02-25-2013 : Interview Passed - Original interview was 01-07-2013 but was out of country so postponed

Timeline
Do I (petitioner) need to submit my divorcee decree with DS-230?

I didn't send my divorce decree with the DS-230 and we had no issues. I gave my wife the original divorce decree to her so she can take it with her during the interview.

Thanks Gundas - I don't have original . I sent a copy with 130 and it was a non-issue. Do I need original for interview?

Did they ask your wife for your divorcee decree in the interview?

Peace!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.