Lynne Jenkins

K1 Visa Process & Forms

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am hoping someone that has filed for the K1 Fiancee Visa can assist in answering some questions for me. I would like to determin the forms that I will need or even a step by step guide. I realize there are steps noted on the Guides, however I would like to be sure I have all of the forms printed out so we can start filling them out, even if it is in advance.

I so far have the following forms printed out. If someone can confirm I have all the forms I will need, or let me know if I have in fact missed some, it would be appreciated.

I-129F to Apply for K1 Fiancee Visa

G-325A x's 2 Biographic Inf. forms to be completed by both myself and my Fiancee

I-134 Affidavit of Support

I-765 Application for Employment - Am I able to request a work Visa in advance? I don't particularly want to sit around for 3months until I adjust my status once we are married? I read that you may request to work when coming into the US in order to marry. Sometimes it's approved?

I-131 Application for Travel Document

Lastly the Adjustment of Status Form which I have yet to print

Many thanks

I-129F to Apply for K1 Fiancee Visa

G-325A x's 2 Biographic Inf. forms to be completed by both myself and my Fiancee

I-134 Affidavit of Support

I-765 Application for Employment - Am I able to request a work Visa in advance? I don't particularly want to sit around for 3months until I adjust my status once we are married? I read that you may request to work when coming into the US in order to marry. Sometimes it's approved?

I-131 Application for Travel Document

Lastly the Adjustment of Status Form which I have yet to print

Based on your question/post, I'd highly recommend you take another look at the Step-by-Step Guide on How to File for a K-1 Visa for your Foreign Fiance(e). I found it very helpful to print the guide out and use it as a check list (checking off each items as I completed them); you may find this helpful too.

:thumbs:

Edited by Otto und Karin

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

You need to read the guides carefully. It tells you exactly what you need. To submit the I-129f you need only the I-129f and G-325A forms. The I-134 is submitted at the interview stage. The I-765 and I-131 are for the AOS stage.

Remember that for the I-129F submission you will also need letters of intent from both of you, evidence of citizenship from you, evidence of having met in the 2 years previous to the submission, passport photos from both of you.

Here you have a complete checklist of what you need for the I-129F submission. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

Here you have a flowchart of all the steps up to the AOS stage. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow

Also don't hesitate to ask any question you have no matter how little it may seem.

PEACE.................. :thumbs:

When you love someone from the bottom of your heart; so much that you are willing to give your life for your loved one, time and distance takes a backseat. Only love prevails. And with love in you hearts you can overcome anything.

January 21, 2010 - Submitted AOS

January 25, 2010 - Cory received her SSN

March 9, 2010 - Received appointment for biometrics - will be on March 18

March 18, 2010 - Biometrics done

March 19, 2010 - Touches on I-485 and I-765

March 25, 2010 - Advance Parole approved..received on April 1 in the mail

March 29, 2010 - I-485 notice date, received on April 4, 2010

May 3, 2010 - EAD approved

May 5, 2010 - Date interview....approved

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Agreed Read the Guides! +I-134 Affidavit of Support is also not in the initial filing...

07-17-2009 I-129F sent

07-22-2009 NOA1 date

07-24-2009 check cleared

07-30-2009 NOA1 received via snail mail

10-14-2009 NOA2 (we were around #187 on Igor's List)

12-30-2009 Interview in Madrid!

02-01-2010 Visa in Hand - finally!

03-08-2010 POE Orlando, FL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.