Redneck-NOVA

Positive interview experience in Fairfax, VA (Washington, DC) field office

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Passed my interview today in the Fairfax, VA (aka Washington DC) office.

It was very quick and easy. Got there about 30 minutes in advance, was called in exactly at the time indicated on interview letter, on the dot. The interviewing officer was a very nice lady, very professional and polite.

First swore me in, then went over my whole application, had to change couple of things. She had to correct the spelling of my patronymic (Russian version of the middle name) from what I've been using for the past 3+ years to what I had originally transliterated from my birth certificate for the K-1 interview! Since in Russian we use a different alphabet, there is no 'right' spelling in English - depends on transliteration, so it's kind of pointless. Now that will be a pain though - means that I have to get a new DL again, which I just renewed a month ago. Oh well...

Second thing was adding my last week's Carribbean vacation to the list of trips outside the country.

Then she made me write some really simple sentence in English and read another equally simple one. Asked 6 questions from the test, I got all of them right. Don't remember the questions since I didn't really study for the test - just looked over the list quickly last night and had my wife quiz me. Knew about 90% of the answers already, the remaining 10% was pretty easy to memorize.

She didn't look at any of the massive evidence I brought, just at my DL and GC. Asked for passport too, but didn't even open it. Then she said that I was recommended for approval, but I can't get the Oath today since my GC 3rd anniversary is not until Ocotober 24th.

I knew that when I recieved the IL and was kind of bummed since I think Fairfax office often conducts same day Oath. Does anyone know how long does it normally take for the Oath letter to arrive? She seemed to think that they will only send it after the GC anniversary and then the Oath date will be another 2 weeks from then. Kinda hope it will be faster than that, since I'm holding off with my holiday travel plans until the process is finalized and tickets are getting more and more expensive...

Anyway, that was my experience - good luck to everyone else with their interviews and will post again when I get the Oath letter!

================================================================================

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

================================================================================

K-1 Process

Fall 2005 I-129F Filed at VSC

Winter 2005 I-129F Recieved

02/06 Interview in Moscow Embassy - Approved!

03/06 K-1 visa recieved

03/06 POE NYC, EA stamped

04/06 Found a job (professional and relevant to education)!

04/06 Wedding!

AOS Process

04/06 Filed for I-485, EAD, AP at VSC

05/06 Biometrics taken

05/06 Letters to Congressmen and Senators to expedite EAD

06/06 EAD recieved

07/06 AP recieved (and never used)

10/06 AOS Interview - Approved, Passport stamped with I-551

11/06 2 year GC recieved!

ROC Process

07/08 I-751 Filed with VSC

08/06/08 NOA date

02/25/09 Transferred to CSC

02/26/09 Touched

02/27/09 Touched

03/01/09 Touched

03/17/09 Approved

03/20/09 Approval notice recieved

04/02/09 10 year GC recieved!

N-400 Process

07/28/09 N-400 Sent

07/29/09 N-400 Recieved in TX Lockbox

08/03/09 Check cashed

08/03/09 NOA Recieved, NOA date 07/29/09

08/21/09 Biometrics appointment - completed

10/15/09 Interview - Recommended for approval!

11/16/09 Oath Letter finally received (after numerous calls to our Senators)

12/10/09 Oath Ceremony - US CITIZEN - Done with USCIS!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I did get right after my Interview, Its already Printed/xerox made copy with date Time and questionaire on it , all she did was write my Name and A Number on it and hand over it to me. Any ways congratulations :dance: The worry part is Over, You do need some excitement LOL, look i am already getting bored as citizen .

Edited by satyam

waycool.gif

--------------------------------------------

Naturalization:

--------------------------------------------

July 17, 2009 - Mailed N-400 to TX-Lockbox

July 23, 2009 - NOA

Aug 12, 2009 - Bio Metrics @ Jackson, MS

Oct 13, 2009 - Interview @ New Orleans, LA

Oct 15, 2009 - OATH @ New Orleans, LA

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good Bye USCIS

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Redneck-NOVA,

Congratulations on passing your citizenship interview and thanks for sharing about your experience here on VJ. :star:

Good luck with the rest of your immigration journey too and hope you get your oath ceremony soon too.

Ant

Passed my interview today in the Fairfax, VA (aka Washington DC) office.

It was very quick and easy. Got there about 30 minutes in advance, was called in exactly at the time indicated on interview letter, on the dot. The interviewing officer was a very nice lady, very professional and polite.

First swore me in, then went over my whole application, had to change couple of things. She had to correct the spelling of my patronymic (Russian version of the middle name) from what I've been using for the past 3+ years to what I had originally transliterated from my birth certificate for the K-1 interview! Since in Russian we use a different alphabet, there is no 'right' spelling in English - depends on transliteration, so it's kind of pointless. Now that will be a pain though - means that I have to get a new DL again, which I just renewed a month ago. Oh well...

Second thing was adding my last week's Carribbean vacation to the list of trips outside the country.

Then she made me write some really simple sentence in English and read another equally simple one. Asked 6 questions from the test, I got all of them right. Don't remember the questions since I didn't really study for the test - just looked over the list quickly last night and had my wife quiz me. Knew about 90% of the answers already, the remaining 10% was pretty easy to memorize.

She didn't look at any of the massive evidence I brought, just at my DL and GC. Asked for passport too, but didn't even open it. Then she said that I was recommended for approval, but I can't get the Oath today since my GC 3rd anniversary is not until Ocotober 24th.

I knew that when I recieved the IL and was kind of bummed since I think Fairfax office often conducts same day Oath. Does anyone know how long does it normally take for the Oath letter to arrive? She seemed to think that they will only send it after the GC anniversary and then the Oath date will be another 2 weeks from then. Kinda hope it will be faster than that, since I'm holding off with my holiday travel plans until the process is finalized and tickets are getting more and more expensive...

Anyway, that was my experience - good luck to everyone else with their interviews and will post again when I get the Oath letter!

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.