Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Timeline

I have a boyfriend of 7 years now and until now we are still far from each other, he is from Paris and i am asian. He said he can't get a paper from his City Hall for my K1 visa. He has his own appartment and business which is not working well. We are suffering so much being away..Is there any solution for this long time botherness? help me. :crying:

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada

I'm not sure I understand this question, what paper is he trying to get from city Hall? Who is the US citizen or LPR?

The topic of your thread deals with salary, the USC will have to show 125% above the US poverty line for sponsorship or will have to get a co-sponsor

Good luck.

August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2

February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete

May 4, 2009

May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011


April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony


September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland

Like the previous reply, I am confused also. Are you trying to move to Paris to be with him? If so, this website is about moving to the USA.

Is he originally from Paris, but now living in the USA and you are trying to get a fiancee visa to get married and live in the USA? If so, he must be a US citizen to petition you, no way around it. If he is not a citizen, your only way to immigrate is to get married first, then apply for a spousal visa. If he is a US citizen, and the issue is only the financial part, he has two options: even if his business is not doing well, he may have assets (property, machines in the business etc) that can go towards the income requirement. If not, he will need to find a co-sponsor who lives in the USA, such as a family member or friend.

Not sure what the City Hall thing is about; do you mean he has not filed taxes (he can back file), or his taxes don't show enough income (see my answer above about co-sponsors)? Or maybe he is not yet divorced? He and you must both be free to marry before filing for a K1.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...