brazilianwife

HUSBAND DENIES TO SIGN I 864 MENTAL ABUSE

8 posts in this topic

I am married for 2 years and half with a US citizen, we filed all the forms for immigration, my I 485 was denied because I left the country without I 512 and reentered with a tourist visa had before (I am in removal proceedings).

My lawyer told me I need to refile all the forms to be legal again, and he said, if I refile, can have my work permit in 30 days and my green card in 90 days.

Now, my husband is abusing me mentally, des not want to sign the I 864, if h does not sign it will be deported.

What should I do, can he be enforced to sign it somehow? Please somebody help me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I am married for 2 years and half with a US citizen, we filed all the forms for immigration, my I 485 was denied because I left the country without I 512 and reentered with a tourist visa had before (I am in removal proceedings).

My lawyer told me I need to refile all the forms to be legal again, and he said, if I refile, can have my work permit in 30 days and my green card in 90 days.

Now, my husband is abusing me mentally, des not want to sign the I 864, if h does not sign it will be deported.

What should I do, can he be enforced to sign it somehow? Please somebody help me.

You can't force someone to sign a document. Why do you want to stay with your husband anyway if he's mentally abusing you?

Dave

UK-US%20Flags2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Brazillianwife,

You need to go to the AOS section of this web site. The removal of conditions that are here are for the 2 year to 10 year green card.

First, I don't trust your lawyer. He has no control over how long this process takes. If he promises 90 days for the card he can't be trusted. You should have him write in the contract that if you don't have the card in 90 days his services are free.

Your husband can't be forced to sign the I864 or support the process at all. Given your removal proceedings, the case becomes even more complicated. I wouldn't want to give bad advice so I will suggest the AOS section again. There are some heavy hitters over there that understand the law much better.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=130

Edited by sjoefl01

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

could be the husband is sending a message that he wants out of the relationship...if the kids are not his, they can always go back to brazil when the deportation is ordered. if they are his, you have a real problem. international child custody is complicated.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Timeline

You cannot make him sign anything - that much is clear. Since you did not adjust status (for whicever reasons), chances are your permanent residence could possibly already be lost. Your best bet is to go home. If the children are not his, he has no obligation. Sorry you are under such stress; but I'd rather tell it like it is than sugarcoat it for you.

Filed: Other Timeline

Brazilianwife,

I, too, don't see much light for you at the end of the tunnel. Your I-485, filed for you by your husband as the petitioner, was denied due to something you did (leaving the country and reentering with a B2). Now that you are in removal proceedings, your husband would have to file the I-485 for you again, which I assume he refuses as much as he refuses to sign an I-864 for you.

Basically, it appears that your husband has no interest in helping you with the AOS in any way and wants to end the marriage in some way or another. At this point, as a non-immigrant facing eventual deportation, you really have no status in the US that would allow you to fight USCIS's decision successfully on your own.

You are stating that you "need a work permit before you leave" in order to support your kids. That I dont' quite understand. With a work permit, you can work in the US to provide for your kids, but why then leave? But if you leave, you can provide for your kids in Brazil immediately upon your return, can't you?

That aside, since you are still married, your husband is legally required to provide for you and your kids. If you have no place to stay and nothing to eat, social services will help you and then eventually get the money back from your husband.

Since the AOS was denied, you will most likely have to, at some point, leave the US, as hard as that may be for you emotionally and financially. Depending on whether your kids are USCs or Brazilian nationals, they may stay with their father in the US or go to Brazil with you, their mother.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just Bob:

I think she meant leave the house and husband and not leave the country.

Brazilianwife:

Sorry but you cant force your hubby to sign anything.

12/29/2007 Got married in the Philippines
03/28/2008 Got 10yr B1/B2 visa
04/12/2008 Arrived in US under B1/B2 visa
08/06/2008 Filed I-539 visa extension
10/23/2008 I-539 approved
02/23/2009 USC wife filed I-130 Chicago Lockbox
02/26/2009 I-130 delivered to Chicago Lockbox
02/27/2009 Medical exam I-693
03/01/2009 Negative result on TB skin test
03/04/2009 I-130 received by California Service Center
03/05/2009 Check cashed by USCIS
03/06/2009 Medical Exam form I-693 released by civil surgeon
03/07/2009 NOA Receipt Notice for I-130
03/14/2009 Mailed I-485, I-864, I-693, I-765 & I-131 thru USPS
03/16/2009 "The Package" delivered to Chicago Lockbox
03/16/2009 I-94 expired after 11 months since arrival
03/25/2009 Check cashed by USCIS
03/26/2009 Received NOA for I-485, I-765, I-131
03/28/2009 Received notice for Biometrics Appointment (April 9)
04/02/2009 Approval Notice for I-130 received
04/09/2009 Biometrics done
05/07/2009 Received Advance Parole Document
05/08/2009 Received Interview Letter
05/09/2009 Received EAD card
05/11/2009 Applied for SSN
05/16/2009 Received SSN
06/23/2009 AOS interview approved
06/27/2009 Welcome Letter received
07/05/2009 Green Card received
06/01/2011 Mailed I-751 Form
06/07/2011 Received NOA for I-751
07/11/2011 Biometrics Done

03/19/2015 Mailed N-400

03/30/2015 NOA Received

04/15/2015 Biometrics Appointment

06/23/2015 Interview

07/22/2015 Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.