Leenie

October 2009 K-1 Visa filers

1,215 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

thankssssssssssssssssss and thats great.. i dont know either if Honduras do packet 3 and 4, but i have already police record, i wilol try to make my medical next monday.......yuuupiiiiii

I hope your wedding days are fabulous, Beth (Friday), Rito (Saturday) and corcor (Sunday)! :)

(By the way, Rito, we're also getting married in Vegas, but not by Elvis - my mom would flip! :lol: Did you do the online "pre-registration" for the marriage license?)

Caveman, I hope your other half's POE goes smoothly, as well!

kristik, have they given you a new interview date yet? You should follow up with them via email (if possible), to try to get them to email you the medical/interview dates. I don't know if your consulate will, but Brazil was always willing to talk with me (the USC petitioner) as well as L when it came to anything relating to our case. Just make sure your email has your name / DOB, his name / DOB, and your NVC case number. I worry that if the first one got lost in the mail, the second one may as well :(

Congrats to thekatokat, whose fiancée interviewed and was approved :)

lostinlove, still in AP? :(

Chi Na, have you gotten your Packet 3 yet?

keydymenro, NVC finally got your package? THAT IS SO AWESOME! They're so terrible for taking them FOUR MONTHS to send it to NVC! I'm glad NVC got through it quickly and it's in Honduras FINALLY! :) I don't know if Honduras does Packet 3/Packet 4, but either way, you're *finally* on your way to your interview. :dance:

K-1 Visa In Progress:

Going through NVC: Chi Na (Vietnam - 30 April)

Waiting for consular response: keydymenro (Honduras - 12 May) updated

Working on Packet 3: No one!

Mailed Packet 3 / has no Packet 3:

• Ann_Pat (Vietnam - 13 Jan): 1 March (last login: 18 March)
  • ckm8 (Thailand - 31 March): 11 May
  • Jessica&Carl (UK - 3 Feb): 8 May
  • kristik (Albania - 28 Jan): 6 March

K-1 Visa Interview Schedule:

Interview Results!

Unknown: heartRN (Brazil, 31 March, last login 8 April) (F)jhay (Philippines, 10 March, last login 16 March)

Approved pending further documentation: kalay (Burma - 5 May)

Approved pending AP: lostinlove03 (Kenya)

Approved (and not yet got a POE planned):

Welcome to the US!!!

Scheduled POEs:

Actual POEs: LeoLaLit (Philippines - 24 March) :dance:TaiwanLover (Tawain - 7 April) :dance:OlegAndSveta (Russia - 26 April) :dance:cecilia-gary (Philippines - 10 April) :dance:Beth and John (Canada/Vancouver - 11 May) :dance:Rito (UK - 14 May) update! :dance:Caveman Robot (Philippines - 21 May) update!

Weddings!

Wedding schedule

]Married!

(L)Beth and John (Canada/Vancouver, 21 May) updated! (L)corcor (Canada/Montreal, 23 May) update!drdave820 (Brazil, 20 March) (L)Macaroni (Guatemala, 30 April) (L)marialovesisaac (Philippines, 28 March) (L)Rito (UK, 22 May) update!

OUR TIMELINE

• 4/7/2008 -we meet online
  • 8/29/2009-Trip # 8 (engagement)
  • HERE WE GO
  • 10/14/2009 - I129F sent
  • 10/23/2009 - Check Cashed
  • 10/27/2009 - Hard copy NOA1
  • Jan/26/2010 - NOA2 (96 days to got it, since we received NOA1)
  • Mar/09/2010 - NOA2 (AGAIN CUZ THEY DIDN'T SEND IT TO NVC UNTILL WE CONTACT OUR CONGRESSMAN)
  • May/04/2010 - NOA2 (AGAIN FOR 3 TIMES CUZ THEY FORGOT SEND IT TO NVC UNTIL WE CONTACT OUR CONGRESSMAN AGAIN)
  • May/10/2010 - NVC Received (Finally USCIS really sent it...wooo they didn't forget this time)[/color]
  • May/21/2010 - NVC Putted our file in HOLD (can be serious.....? this is more than back luck.. nightmare)
  • May/24/2010 - NVC Sent it to the Embassy
  • May/26/2010 - DHL Delivered to the Embassy.
  • May/27/2010 - police record.
  • May/31/2010 - Medical PASSED
  • Ago/02/2010 - INTERVIEW.....APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sep/11/2010 - hello USA :)
    HERE WE GO AGAIN
  • 09/24/2010 - Social Security application
  • 10/04/2010 - Social Security Number in hand
  • 10/07/2010 - Marriage License (u have to wait at least 3 days after ur license to get marry)
  • 10/12/2010 - Husband and Wife :)
  • 11/19/2010 - AOS and EAD Sent.
  • 12/04/2010 - AOS and EAD Hard Copy.
  • 12/18/2010 - Appointment for Biometric.
  • 01/06/2011 - Biometric Done.
  • 01/10/2011 - Notification CASE TRANSFER TO CALIFORNIA CENTER.
  • 02/11/2011 - EAD card production.
  • 02/16/2011 - EAD card received.
  • 02/18/2011 - AOS Approved.
  • 02/22/2011 - Green Card in hand.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Quick update here. As K & L correctly states, we got successfully hitched by Elvis in a drive-through in Vegas on Saturday, May 22. The ceremony was so much fun. I dressed up as Carmen Sandiego, my fiance was Waldo, and our two guests were Wesley (from Princess Bride) and Dorothy. The theme here is "lost people who found each other." The ceremony was about 15 minutes long and took place in the back of a pink Cadillac. It was awesome - lots of innocent bystanders became our enthusiastic wedding "guests" to cheer on the unusual ceremony.

So, Carmen Sandiego and Waldo are officially hitched. We sent off our AOS/EAD/AP package today and will apply for SSN this Friday. Yeeeeeeaaaaah. :dance:

Congratulations! It sounds like it was a lot of fun!

Filed: Timeline

Hey everyone, Leenie's fiance here!

Seems like I had to reschedule my date as well from June 8th. Good thing I managed to get an EARLIER date. Now my interview will be on the 1st June. This is pretty awesome, and if anyone is getting a nice phonecall, try and ask for an earlier date as well! Might do a summary of my experience for the people who have to go to London.

Edited by Rynex

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello All!

Congrats to everyone who's recently been hitched! It gets me sooooo excited that it's going to happen for Carl and I in only a few months! yay!

Carl recieved packet 4 today and his interview is on June 30th which is sooner than we thought it would be! I've been absolutely floating on cloud nine all day long. This is such an amazing feeling. Carl's gonna schedule his medical for the 29th so that he doesn't have to fly to London twice. So yay!!!

1/8/08- Met at Disney world

05/08- He came to meet my family

6/08- I went back to CO and he went back to NI

08/4/08- Went to meet his family in Ireland

12/14/08- Gave up and moved to Ireland!!!

07/6/09- Tourist Visa ran out and I had to go back to the states

09/23/09- He came to visit and asked me to marry him! yay!

10/14/09- He went home :(

10/28/09- I-129F mailed

11/4/09- Check Cashed!!!

11/8/09- NOA1 Hard Copy received

2/2/10- NOA2 Email received!!!

2/8/10- NOA2 Hard Copy Received!!!!

2/22/10- Packet 3 received (kind of)

5/28/10- Packet 4 Recieved

6/29/10- Medical Passed!

6/30/10- Interview APPROVED!!!

Hi everybody! Seems things are slowing down just a bit here *blows off cobwebs from the thread* :lol:

My fiance left for London today for his interview tomorrow. Despite his nerves, I think he's really well prepared, doesn't even need me there - though I'd love to be! I hope I can come back tomorrow with good news of an approval (especially since we already bought the plane tickets and everything, haha).

I wonder if any of our recently married couples want to share some wedding pics? I'm a little curious :D

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think the majority of the others are enjoying their marital / pre-marital bliss :lol:

I-129F Petition Mailed: 26 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA1: 27 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA2: 15 Jan 2010

K-1 VisaNVC: 22-27 Jan 2010 ♥ RdJ receipt: 1 Feb 2010 ♥ Packet 3/4: 12 Feb 2010 ♥ Interview: 4 May 2010

»-(¯`·.·´¯)-> Married (17 Aug 2010) <-(¯`·.·´¯)-«

AOS (I-485)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ To CSC: 20 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ RFE: 10 -16 Nov 2010 ♥ Approved: 18 Nov 2010

AP (I-131)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

EAD (I-765)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

ROC (I-751)Mailed: 6 Nov 2012 ♥ NOA: 7 Nov 2012 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Dec 2012 ♥ Approved: 15 May 2013

Naturalization (N-400)Mailed: 03 August 2015 ♥ NOA: 07 August 2015 ♥ Biometrics: 3 Sept 2015 ♥ Interview: 13 Nov 2015 ♥ Oath: 8 Dec '15

I think the majority of the others are enjoying their marital / pre-marital bliss :lol:

Can't fault anyone for that :no:

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

Timeline

Hi everybody! Seems things are slowing down just a bit here *blows off cobwebs from the thread* :lol:

My fiance left for London today for his interview tomorrow. Despite his nerves, I think he's really well prepared, doesn't even need me there - though I'd love to be! I hope I can come back tomorrow with good news of an approval (especially since we already bought the plane tickets and everything, haha).

I wonder if any of our recently married couples want to share some wedding pics? I'm a little curious :D

I am counting down the days until June 4 when I am headed up to Canada to visit my fiance'. His family is having a bridal shower for us and then I am helping him get his apartment packed up. I have to come back to do some work business and I won't see him again until he moves here the last of June/beginning of July.

I can hardly believe it is June 1 already. Forty days until my wedding. Four days until I see my fiance'.

Timeline

We applied for our social security number today. Even though it was a full 19 days after my fiance's POE, we weren't in the SAVE-ASVI and will now have a delay because we have to get manual verification from USCIS. Boooo. :angry:

We applied for our social security number today. Even though it was a full 19 days after my fiance's POE, we weren't in the SAVE-ASVI and will now have a delay because we have to get manual verification from USCIS. Boooo. :angry:

Egh, that bites. Did they MAKE you go with manual verification??

My fiance had his interview today and got approved :dance::dance::dance:

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

Timeline

Egh, that bites. Did they MAKE you go with manual verification??

My fiance had his interview today and got approved :dance::dance::dance:

Well another option wasn't really presented. The woman took our information and said "he's not in the system, so there will be a bit of delay." I said "Oh, does he need to be manually verified because he's not in the SAVE-ASVI system?" The woman said "yeah...exactly," with a look that really said "dear God you read too many forums."

I guess we could've taken our information back and returned later, but it didn't seem worth it. Waiting in the Social Security Office wasn't much fun, and we'll get SS way before EAD... the only thing we'll be prevented from doing early is getting my fiance a bank account and having him take his driver's permit test. Hardly seems worth it.

Congrats on the approval Leenie! :dance:

Timeline

Well another option wasn't really presented. The woman took our information and said "he's not in the system, so there will be a bit of delay." I said "Oh, does he need to be manually verified because he's not in the SAVE-ASVI system?" The woman said "yeah...exactly," with a look that really said "dear God you read too many forums."

I guess we could've taken our information back and returned later, but it didn't seem worth it. Waiting in the Social Security Office wasn't much fun, and we'll get SS way before EAD... the only thing we'll be prevented from doing early is getting my fiance a bank account and having him take his driver's permit test. Hardly seems worth it.

Congrats on the approval Leenie! :dance:

And by fiance I mean husband. This ###### is going to take awhile to get used to.

And by fiance I mean husband. This ###### is going to take awhile to get used to.

That is so cute :luv:

I've started on my fiance's AOS forms because I'm bored tonight :content:

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

Timeline

That is so cute :luv:

I've started on my fiance's AOS forms because I'm bored tonight :content:

I have downloaded all the forms to my computer so I can fill them out at his place next week while he is at work. We won't be married for another 39 days but we have already decided the day after the wedding to head to the court house with signed marriage certificates in hand to wait in person to get our "certified government issued marriage certificate" so we can send in AOS asap. I want to know that they government wheels are turning on our paperwork while we are off in the Tennessee mountains enjoying our much deserved honeymoon.

Hi guys! We're married! AND lilacvioletiris was able to attend both our wedding ceremony and reception! Thanks so much for coming, Carla :)

We've had some fun with the "import your spouse" program. John encountered some fun at his POE, where it was found that the letter he got for his car stated that it is compliant with all Canadian requirements ... NOT American. The border guards were great and told him that he could get the letter and take care of that portion of it at a later time, however since then, it has been found that his car is not compliant with American standards because it doesn't have airbags ... predates the requirements. :wacko: Soooo... long story short, we are continuing with the saga and figuring out what the heck needs to be done, including the possibility of a trip to Windsor, Canada to sell his car. Fun fun!

About ready to send his AOS packet in and get that ball rolling. Just needed a few additional items that we have secured, one including a certified copy of our marriage certificate!

Congrats to everyone who got married recently and those that had interviews as well! We are almost through that first hoop guys!! YAY! (L)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Beth & John
~K-1 Visa Process~
NOA1: October 29, 2009
NOA2: January 21, 2010
Interview Date: April 12, 2010 - APPROVED!
Visa Received: April 26, 2010
POE: May 11, 2010
Wedding: May 21, 2010

~AOS/EAD/AP~
Sent: June 8, 2010
Received at Chicago Lockbox: June 10, 2010
Email/text notification of NOA1: June 16, 2010
Check cashed: June 17, 2010
Case shows up on USCIS website: June 18, 2010
Hard copies of NOA1's arrive: June 18, 2010
Touch on all 3 cases: June 21, 2010
Biometrics letter: Received June 24, 2010, scheduled for July 15, successful walk-in June 30th!
Touch on AOS/EAD cases: July 1, 2010
EAD and AP approval: August 6, 2010
EAD Card Production: August 9, 2010
AP received: August 13, 2010
EAD Card received: August 16, 2010
AOS Interview: August 23, 2010 APPROVED!

~ROC~
Sent: August 7, 2012
Check cashed: August 14, 2012
NOA1: August 10, 2012
Biometrics: September 13, 2012
RFE: April 1, 2013; response mailed April 2, 2013
Approved: April 22, 2013

Green Card Production ordered: June 12, 2013 (email received)

Green Card Received: June 17, 2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.