Leenie

October 2009 K-1 Visa filers

1,215 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

They haven't said when it goes in effect, but the government seems to be fond of end-of-quarter hikes - so my guess is that it either will go 1 April, 1 July, or 1 October. If the previous hike is any indication, 1 July may be when it raises, which probably won't affect most of us. If it's April ... that sucks. We're trying to schedule the interview for a time I can make it, and if I have to skip a few classes to make the interview, so be it.

I-129F Petition Mailed: 26 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA1: 27 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA2: 15 Jan 2010

K-1 VisaNVC: 22-27 Jan 2010 ♥ RdJ receipt: 1 Feb 2010 ♥ Packet 3/4: 12 Feb 2010 ♥ Interview: 4 May 2010

»-(¯`·.·´¯)-> Married (17 Aug 2010) <-(¯`·.·´¯)-«

AOS (I-485)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ To CSC: 20 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ RFE: 10 -16 Nov 2010 ♥ Approved: 18 Nov 2010

AP (I-131)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

EAD (I-765)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

ROC (I-751)Mailed: 6 Nov 2012 ♥ NOA: 7 Nov 2012 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Dec 2012 ♥ Approved: 15 May 2013

Naturalization (N-400)Mailed: 03 August 2015 ♥ NOA: 07 August 2015 ♥ Biometrics: 3 Sept 2015 ♥ Interview: 13 Nov 2015 ♥ Oath: 8 Dec '15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

I am very confused now, guys! i hope somebody could explain me, silly goose, how process goes after we received noa2. Should we sent some documents ( as affadavit of support) to nvc? or just everything what we need now is for embassy and it should be mailed to me and i need to take to the interview? part about embassy looks ok for me.. but i cant really get that part- USCIS-NVC and what we need to do in this step.. Thank you :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Your embassy should send you a letter with documentation you need to send them (and return) and a list of other documents to collect and bring to the interview. That is my understanding so far, having not gotten to the embassy yet. But I am hoping come Tuesday when I call NVC they will tell me my package has been DHled to Montreal, Canada.

BTW, I received my hardcopy NOA2 yesterday. It had a postmark of 1/10 (which is a Sunday, how odd). Took longer than I expected to get the hard copy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yeesh! Every time I'm away from my computer for a day or so a bunch of ppl get approved!! I guess I should stay away for the rest of the month, and then everyone will be approved!!!

Congratulations to everyone! I'm no happy. My projected approval dates haven't changed. Right now it says January 30th-February 12th. I'm trying not to let that get me down. When I go to Ireland to visit in March we'll just have one more thing to celebrate. We're doing a combined Anniversary/Valentines Day/both of our brithday celebration extravaganza since we're going to be apart for all of those things. He got a new place he can afford to live in and we're looking into the kitty cat situation, so things are definately looking up for us! I'd just feel a whole lot better if I had that piece of NOA2 paper in my hand...eek! I've never been good at waiting....

1/8/08- Met at Disney world

05/08- He came to meet my family

6/08- I went back to CO and he went back to NI

08/4/08- Went to meet his family in Ireland

12/14/08- Gave up and moved to Ireland!!!

07/6/09- Tourist Visa ran out and I had to go back to the states

09/23/09- He came to visit and asked me to marry him! yay!

10/14/09- He went home :(

10/28/09- I-129F mailed

11/4/09- Check Cashed!!!

11/8/09- NOA1 Hard Copy received

2/2/10- NOA2 Email received!!!

2/8/10- NOA2 Hard Copy Received!!!!

2/22/10- Packet 3 received (kind of)

5/28/10- Packet 4 Recieved

6/29/10- Medical Passed!

6/30/10- Interview APPROVED!!!

Timeline

My fiance' is visiting this weekend :) We are going to make our wedding registry, start the required pre-marital counseling to be married in my church, and go to a banquet put on my workplace. AH, it is a good weekend. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is NOT a TRAIN! I wish NVC was open tomorrow but I will wait until Tuesday to call and see if my package made it out to Montreal, Canada yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
My fiance' is visiting this weekend :) We are going to make our wedding registry, start the required pre-marital counseling to be married in my church, and go to a banquet put on my workplace. AH, it is a good weekend. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is NOT a TRAIN! I wish NVC was open tomorrow but I will wait until Tuesday to call and see if my package made it out to Montreal, Canada yet.

That sounds as a great weekend!!Enjoy it :) When are you planing to get married?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

got great news this past week!!

On January 12, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

be strong , take prayer and everything will work out..

January 17,2007 was personally introduced to Raquel.

January 20,2007 Raquel an I started chatting online an on the phone.

March 11-27,2008 visited Raquel for the first time.

March 23, 2008 proposed to Raquel, she said OO!!

October 08,2009 sent in I-129f

October 12,2009 received our NOA1

January 12, 2010 received our NOA2

NATIONAL VISA CENTER

January 18,2010 case arrived at NVC

January 22,2010 case assigned MNL # thru letter arrived

April 21,2010 raquel arrived at CVG

May 22,2010 we got married

April 21,2011 we had a baby boy named Aiden

ang aking buhay, aking pag-ibig, ang aking lahat .. mahal na mahal din kita,Raquel at walang ibang! magpakailanman at kawalang-hanggan!!

They haven't said when it goes in effect, but the government seems to be fond of end-of-quarter hikes - so my guess is that it either will go 1 April, 1 July, or 1 October. If the previous hike is any indication, 1 July may be when it raises, which probably won't affect most of us. If it's April ... that sucks. We're trying to schedule the interview for a time I can make it, and if I have to skip a few classes to make the interview, so be it.

I hope it doesn't go up at all! $131 to $350 is QUITE a steep increase :wacko: It especially sucks for all of us who started this process budgeting for and expecting $131. What a downer if it were increased right before we are expecting interviews. But if what you say turns out to be true, it is quite possible that many of us will have our visas before any fee hike, and then, cruel as it sounds, I don't care what happens to the price anymore.

By the way, we CAN make some input on this subject that may or may not affect the final ruling. Go to

http://www.regulations.gov/search/Regs/hom...900006480a6a10b

and click submit comment to say something negative about the fee increase :D The more of us that do it, the less likely they are to pass the ruling.

He got a new place he can afford to live in and we're looking into the kitty cat situation, so things are definately looking up for us! I'd just feel a whole lot better if I had that piece of NOA2 paper in my hand...eek! I've never been good at waiting....

I'm really glad to hear some good news lately, Jessica. Let us know if you ever need help, advice, etc.

That's really exciting!! I can't wait to plan our wedding!! I hope you guys have a lovely time together and that your package gets to Montreal really, really quick!

got great news this past week!!

On January 12, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

be strong , take prayer and everything will work out..

:star: Congratulations!!! :star:

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

Timeline

We are planning a July 11, 2010 wedding as long as our interview at Montreal and subsequent visa in hand process gets processed in time. With the backlog at Montreal, if we don't have an interview date by May, we will likely push the wedding date back. His Canadian relatives are very excited and want to come to the wedding that will be in Michigan. They have to get passports and such for travel so we want to give them as much time as possible to process there paperwork to travel "internationally". I put down the deposit on the church yesterday! The pastor understands though that although July 11 is the date we want it could be August, September, or later if the consulate interview is delayed further than their 4-6 month projected wait time. I will get married in 2010. That much is pretty sure!

Timeline

I went in put in my comment. I hope my fiance' and I can get his interview done before the increase but it am not sure how likely that is unless Montreal seriously speeds up its processing/interviewing time.

Timeline

I just hope they wait until July to do the increase, and announce when it's effective well in advance.

On the flip side, that will suck for my AOS, as we're not getting married until August (we're batting around 8/9/10 as the date), and no doubt, AOS will go up at the same time, and that will suck :P

Edited by K and L

K-1 VisaNVC: 22-27 Jan 2010 ♥ RdJ receipt: 1 Feb 2010 ♥ Packet 3/4: 12 Feb 2010 ♥ Interview: 4 May 2010

AOS (I-485)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ To CSC: 20 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ RFE: 10 -16 Nov 2010 ♥ Approved: 18 Nov 2010

EAD (I-765)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

ROC (I-751)Mailed: 6 Nov 2012 ♥ NOA: 7 Nov 2012 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Dec 2012 ♥ Approved: 15 May 2013

Naturalization (N-400)Mailed: 03 August 2015 ♥ NOA: 07 August 2015 ♥ Biometrics: 3 Sept 2015 ♥ Interview: 13 Nov 2015 ♥ Oath: 8 Dec '15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
I just hope they wait until July to do the increase, and announce when it's effective well in advance.

On the flip side, that will suck for my AOS, as we're not getting married until August (we're batting around 8/9/10 as the date), and no doubt, AOS will go up at the same time, and that will suck :P

I hope the AOS fee doesn't go up. I think it's criminal that the government charges as much as it does already. It really discriminates against those who don't have as much, and I don't believe it's right for them to punish two people who are in love, because that's exactly what it's doing. If the US wants to reduce its illegal immigration problems, it might start by making it easier and less expensive for people to do it legally. I just don't see any justification for this. I think there should be no fee for this, and the cost passed on to taxpayers. The reason for this is that if everyone has to pay for the cost, then there would actually be some pressure out there to control the costs. But since they just make us pay for it, they don't give a rat's #### about our opinion because we're a small minority. I hate government bureaucracy. I wish everyone in America had to go through this process to marry the person they love, because I guarantee this would change really fast if they did.

Timeline

I think it wouldn't be a terrible thing if everyone had to have a potential spouse (both of them!) be vetted as not having a record of abuse/etc. It's funny that the government cares more about that for foreign spouses than they do for cits.

Filed: Timeline

hey guys! that's really unfortunate what with the fee increase....I hope that doesn't get through. it's already so expensive to complete the whole process.

CONGRATULATIONS to all of you who have received your noa2s! I still have no word....I'm starting to get a little nervous. my last touch was when they received it 10/15/09. I really hope I didn't overlook anything.

I'm going to visit my fiance in march so hopefully by then we will be looking at a possible interview time.

crossing my fingers....

does anyone know about putting my name on another visa for a chilean friend to come over on a B2? is that a horrible Idea considering I'm already doing this one?

thanks...

good luck everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.