Leenie

October 2009 K-1 Visa filers

1,215 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
The time your case will be adjudicated is based on other peoples approvals. There haven't been many this week, so the proposed dates have gotten further and further away from today. On Wednesday the time was between Jan. 11 and Jan. 17. Then it was Jan. 17 to something. Then it moved back further.

Once other people update their timelines when they receive their NOA2s, then our dates will change to be "next" based on when our NOA1s were. It can change in an instant so don't stress too much about it.

Thanks so much for the info. Like all of us, we are so looking forward to our NOA2s. May we all have them soon!

It's so good to have someone to talk to.

Octoberians like you,

Tom & Cherry

Timeline
Same here! Its a daily routine for me...check USCIS and VJ...morning and night...just in case I missed something :)

You're not the only ones on tenterhooks! LDRs (long distance relationships) are for the strong at heart...and we are all strong, right?

Anyway, here's an article to add some levity and fun today. Hope you enjoy it. I copied and pasted the first paragraph to give you a peek at what the cool article is about!

http://www.divinecaroline.com/22081/76045-kiss--science-sex

Why We Kiss: The Science of Sex

By: Brie Cadman (View Profile)

Pecking, smooching, Frenching, and playing tonsil-hockey—there are as many names for kissing as there are ways to do it. Whether we use it as an informal greeting or an intensely romantic gesture, kissing is one of those ingrained human behaviors that seems to defy explanation. Its many purposes—a blow and peck for good luck on dice, lips to ground after a rocky boat ride, kisses in the air to an acquaintance, and the long slow smooches of Hollywood—have different meanings yet are similar in nature. So why is it that we love to pucker up?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I GOT MY NOA2!

Okay, I am addicted to checking my email. My fiance hung up with me at 8:41 p.m. I turned on my cell phone to pick up my email messages just in case there was an update. I tried to call him back but he took the phone off the hook so he could sleep, I think, since it drops me into his voice mail right away. He will get some surprised messages tomorrow morning before he calls me back.

THERE WAS! AT 8:15 p.m. my notice of approval of my I-129F was sent out. That was about 5 hours after the "touch" I had. I am so excited but man am I tired. Shoveling wasn't too bad but it at least kept me from bouncing off the walls at home.

I can't wait to know that my package clears the NVC and then goes on to the consulate in Montreal! GOD is SO GOOD!

I GOT MY NOA2!

Okay, I am addicted to checking my email. My fiance hung up with me at 8:41 p.m. I turned on my cell phone to pick up my email messages just in case there was an update. I tried to call him back but he took the phone off the hook so he could sleep, I think, since it drops me into his voice mail right away. He will get some surprised messages tomorrow morning before he calls me back.

THERE WAS! AT 8:15 p.m. my notice of approval of my I-129F was sent out. That was about 5 hours after the "touch" I had. I am so excited but man am I tired. Shoveling wasn't too bad but it at least kept me from bouncing off the walls at home.

I can't wait to know that my package clears the NVC and then goes on to the consulate in Montreal! GOD is SO GOOD!

Oh, Carla! John and I are SO excited for you!!! Congratulations!! BIG HUGS!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Beth & John
~K-1 Visa Process~
NOA1: October 29, 2009
NOA2: January 21, 2010
Interview Date: April 12, 2010 - APPROVED!
Visa Received: April 26, 2010
POE: May 11, 2010
Wedding: May 21, 2010

~AOS/EAD/AP~
Sent: June 8, 2010
Received at Chicago Lockbox: June 10, 2010
Email/text notification of NOA1: June 16, 2010
Check cashed: June 17, 2010
Case shows up on USCIS website: June 18, 2010
Hard copies of NOA1's arrive: June 18, 2010
Touch on all 3 cases: June 21, 2010
Biometrics letter: Received June 24, 2010, scheduled for July 15, successful walk-in June 30th!
Touch on AOS/EAD cases: July 1, 2010
EAD and AP approval: August 6, 2010
EAD Card Production: August 9, 2010
AP received: August 13, 2010
EAD Card received: August 16, 2010
AOS Interview: August 23, 2010 APPROVED!

~ROC~
Sent: August 7, 2012
Check cashed: August 14, 2012
NOA1: August 10, 2012
Biometrics: September 13, 2012
RFE: April 1, 2013; response mailed April 2, 2013
Approved: April 22, 2013

Green Card Production ordered: June 12, 2013 (email received)

Green Card Received: June 17, 2013

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
Hi guys,

This morning I woke up to a SMS message on my phone. It said your case xxxxxx has been updated. I could not wait to jump on my email, sure enough there was also an email message that said: We have approved your petition! NOA2 !! I'm so excited! I most definitely did not expect it so soon. I was expecting around February some time to get this.

The confusing part was when I checked online, my status went straight to Post decision activities. I thought that it would go through the previous few steps first. I guess that "interview" does not refer to the interview at the consulate as the status jumped through it.

Anyway just wanted to share this news. For those who filed in October, yours is probably coming soon! Good luck!

Bill :thumbs:

Congrats!! I am starting to feel hopeful!

Our K-1 Timeline

10-23-09: I-129F sent to CSC

10-29-09: NOA1

10-30-09: Touch

11-4-09: NOA1 hardcopy received

1-27-10: Touch

1-28-10: Touch

1-28-10: NOA2

2-2-10: NVC received

2-3-10: NOA2 hardcopy received

2-4-10: NVC sent to Tirana

2-8-10: Delivered (per DHL.com)

2-25-10: Packet 3 received

3-6-10: Packet 3 sent

4-19-10: "documentary qualified...waiting in line for an interview appointment" per email inquiry

5-14-10: Notified that packet 4 was mailed (not rec'd), missed medical appt of 5/10, interview 5/24. To be rescheduled.

5-24-10: Medical (canceled)

6-7-10: Interview (canceled)

Medical & Interview postponed due to family emergency

we are patiently waiting...

Timeline
Hi guys,

This morning I woke up to a SMS message on my phone. It said your case xxxxxx has been updated. I could not wait to jump on my email, sure enough there was also an email message that said: We have approved your petition! NOA2 !! I'm so excited! I most definitely did not expect it so soon. I was expecting around February some time to get this.

The confusing part was when I checked online, my status went straight to Post decision activities. I thought that it would go through the previous few steps first. I guess that "interview" does not refer to the interview at the consulate as the status jumped through it.

Anyway just wanted to share this news. For those who filed in October, yours is probably coming soon! Good luck!

Bill :thumbs:

Congratulations!

We got our NOA1 last Oct. 19th so we are looking forward to our NOA2. Hope all the Octoberians get good news this January, just like you did.

Go, CSC, go!!!

Timeline
I GOT MY NOA2!

Congrats! Congrat! Congrat!

I am now so attached to my laptop that it has become my life, hahaha!

Cheers from the tropics,

Cherry

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
I GOT MY NOA2!

Wohooo! :)

Our K-1 Timeline

10-23-09: I-129F sent to CSC

10-29-09: NOA1

10-30-09: Touch

11-4-09: NOA1 hardcopy received

1-27-10: Touch

1-28-10: Touch

1-28-10: NOA2

2-2-10: NVC received

2-3-10: NOA2 hardcopy received

2-4-10: NVC sent to Tirana

2-8-10: Delivered (per DHL.com)

2-25-10: Packet 3 received

3-6-10: Packet 3 sent

4-19-10: "documentary qualified...waiting in line for an interview appointment" per email inquiry

5-14-10: Notified that packet 4 was mailed (not rec'd), missed medical appt of 5/10, interview 5/24. To be rescheduled.

5-24-10: Medical (canceled)

6-7-10: Interview (canceled)

Medical & Interview postponed due to family emergency

we are patiently waiting...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Sheesh! I'm away from my computer for a few days, and look what happnes!!! I'm soooooo happy for all of you I'm crying. I'm not even kidding! Congrats!!! Our approval dates have been pushed back, but I'm trying to just ignore that and pay attention to what's happening with everyone else. I turned my mobile alerts on for the USCIS web site because I'm not at home to check my email or VJ as often as I would like, so now I'll get it on my phone. I know we still have a while cause we didn't file till the 30th of October, and there's only 2 couple below us on Igor's list, but I'm trying to be patient. Our NOA2 will be very bitter sweet for us because even tho we're one step closer, I know it could still be up to 10 months before we're together for good. But it'll still be amazing!

I'm still trying to figure out how to get my cat back into the states with me from Belfast when I go visit my fiance in March. Continental only has information about domestic US flights, and nothing about international ones. Ugh! But in other good news, the price of my ticket went down by almost 150 dollars! Woo Hoo!!!!

Congrats again everyone!!!!

:thumbs::dance::thumbs: :thumbs: :dance::thumbs::dance:

1/8/08- Met at Disney world

05/08- He came to meet my family

6/08- I went back to CO and he went back to NI

08/4/08- Went to meet his family in Ireland

12/14/08- Gave up and moved to Ireland!!!

07/6/09- Tourist Visa ran out and I had to go back to the states

09/23/09- He came to visit and asked me to marry him! yay!

10/14/09- He went home :(

10/28/09- I-129F mailed

11/4/09- Check Cashed!!!

11/8/09- NOA1 Hard Copy received

2/2/10- NOA2 Email received!!!

2/8/10- NOA2 Hard Copy Received!!!!

2/22/10- Packet 3 received (kind of)

5/28/10- Packet 4 Recieved

6/29/10- Medical Passed!

6/30/10- Interview APPROVED!!!

WOW! it's been raining NOA2's for us Octoberians!

Congrats to all of you who got approved!

Now it's our turn!!!!!! :thumbs:

GO GO GO CSC!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Our K-1 Visa Journey

2009-10-21 : I-129F Sent

2009-10-23 : I-129F NOA1

2010-01-19 : RFE Hard Copy Received

2010-01-22 : RFE Reply Received by CSC

2010-01-29 : I-129F NOA2

2010-02-04 : NVC Received

2010-02-09 : NVC Left

2010-02-12 : Consulate Received (per DHL website)

2010-02-21 : Interview Scheduled for March 15

2010-02-22 : Packet Received From USEM (Eligibility to Schedule an Interview)

2010-03-02 : Medical Exam

2010-03-15 : Interview APPROVED

2010-03-17 : Visa Picked-up at the USEM

2010-03-19 : CFO Seminar

2010-03-24 : POE - LAX

2010-04-08 : Applied for SSN

2010-04-16 : SSN Received

2010-06-08 : Married

Our AOS Journey

2010-07-09 : AOS Package Sent

2010-07-16 : NOA1 (I-485, I-765 and I-131)

2010-07-26 : Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

2010-08-05 : Biometrics Completed

2010-08-12 : Interview Appointment Letter Received

2010-09-03 : I-512L, Authorization for Parole Received

2010-09-08 : EAD Card Received

2010-09-15 : AOS Interview APPROVED

2010-09-25 : GC Received

Our ROC Journey

2012-07-06 : ROC Package Sent

2012-07-09 : I-751 NOA1

2012-07-18 : Bio Appt Letter Received (for 8/7)

2012-07-25 : Rescheduled Bio Appt Letter Received (for 8/20)

2012-08-20 : Biometrics Completed

2013-03-01 : APPROVED

Sheesh! I'm away from my computer for a few days, and look what happnes!!! I'm soooooo happy for all of you I'm crying. I'm not even kidding! Congrats!!! Our approval dates have been pushed back, but I'm trying to just ignore that and pay attention to what's happening with everyone else. I turned my mobile alerts on for the USCIS web site because I'm not at home to check my email or VJ as often as I would like, so now I'll get it on my phone. I know we still have a while cause we didn't file till the 30th of October, and there's only 2 couple below us on Igor's list, but I'm trying to be patient. Our NOA2 will be very bitter sweet for us because even tho we're one step closer, I know it could still be up to 10 months before we're together for good. But it'll still be amazing!

I'm still trying to figure out how to get my cat back into the states with me from Belfast when I go visit my fiance in March. Continental only has information about domestic US flights, and nothing about international ones. Ugh! But in other good news, the price of my ticket went down by almost 150 dollars! Woo Hoo!!!!

Congrats again everyone!!!!

:thumbs::dance::thumbs: :thumbs: :dance::thumbs::dance:

It has been a very exciting week, that's for sure! And I'm sure that I saw something about getting a cat to the States recently here in VJ. Maybe it was from Russia? I'll try to find it if you would like?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Beth & John
~K-1 Visa Process~
NOA1: October 29, 2009
NOA2: January 21, 2010
Interview Date: April 12, 2010 - APPROVED!
Visa Received: April 26, 2010
POE: May 11, 2010
Wedding: May 21, 2010

~AOS/EAD/AP~
Sent: June 8, 2010
Received at Chicago Lockbox: June 10, 2010
Email/text notification of NOA1: June 16, 2010
Check cashed: June 17, 2010
Case shows up on USCIS website: June 18, 2010
Hard copies of NOA1's arrive: June 18, 2010
Touch on all 3 cases: June 21, 2010
Biometrics letter: Received June 24, 2010, scheduled for July 15, successful walk-in June 30th!
Touch on AOS/EAD cases: July 1, 2010
EAD and AP approval: August 6, 2010
EAD Card Production: August 9, 2010
AP received: August 13, 2010
EAD Card received: August 16, 2010
AOS Interview: August 23, 2010 APPROVED!

~ROC~
Sent: August 7, 2012
Check cashed: August 14, 2012
NOA1: August 10, 2012
Biometrics: September 13, 2012
RFE: April 1, 2013; response mailed April 2, 2013
Approved: April 22, 2013

Green Card Production ordered: June 12, 2013 (email received)

Green Card Received: June 17, 2013

Whoa, it's late for me now, but I just had to pop in because a lot of congratulations are in order!!!

So that's 4 NOA2s for you guys today (or tomorrow night)?! Macaroni, Billz, Rito, and lilacvioletiris - CONGRATULATIONS :dance: :dance: :dance:

I knew this was coming :P And for everyone still waiting, I'm hopeful for another "avalanche" soon, no worries!!!

PS - I called the NVC today to find out if our case was received yet, and it was not. I guess 2 days is kind of optimistic. Hehe.

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

Timeline
Whoa, it's late for me now, but I just had to pop in because a lot of congratulations are in order!!!

So that's 4 NOA2s for you guys today (or tomorrow night)?! Macaroni, Billz, Rito, and lilacvioletiris - CONGRATULATIONS :dance: :dance: :dance:

I knew this was coming :P And for everyone still waiting, I'm hopeful for another "avalanche" soon, no worries!!!

PS - I called the NVC today to find out if our case was received yet, and it was not. I guess 2 days is kind of optimistic. Hehe.

I didn't realize that 4 couples from our Octoberian thread got their NOAs today....wooohoohoo! Congrats to all of you!

Am so very happy for all of you. Now, I am more optimistic that the rest of us will get an "avalanche" of NOA2s soon...go CSC, go!!!

Next week, I am leaving for Honolulu to meet my fiancee, Tom, who flies in from cold, cold Michigan. 10 days together will be bliss!

BTW, we have been using a small USB plug-in called a "magicJack" that allows me, from the Philippines (or anywhere in the world for as long as I plug it to any computer) to call the US and Canada for free, unlimited number of hours. What makes it so wonderful is that I can call anyone in the US and Canada on their mobile (cell phone) or landline from my computer.

If any of you are interested, google it and check it out.

Tom and I talk twice a day for hours on end. We used to do Skype and googletalk but it meant we had to both be online. Since Tom is on the road a lot, using my magicJack, I can easily call him on his mobile and chat. He can even call me back from any landline or mobile, straight to my magicJack...for as long as I am online. He can even leave a voicemail, as i do, too, when he is unable to pick up the phone.

Hope this info helps those who may want to chat on a clearer platform. It uses VOIP (Voice over internet protocol).

Cheers from the Philippines,

Cherry

post-74453-1263019770_thumb.jpg

post-74453-1263019789_thumb.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

What an eventful day! Congratulations to the NOA2 recipients. Here's to a smooth process the rest of the way to the interview!

I'm optimistic next week will be another week of October approvals. Good luck everyone!

-Chris

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.