tek

Need help filling I-130, I-485 + other questions

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I entered the US in january without visa, because i didn't need, it was only as a visitor for 90 days allowed.

I got married with my husband on april, few days before my 90days ended.

I want to fill up the I-130 and I-485 but I am lost

In the I-130 form when it says:

A.1 I am filling this petition for :

-my wife

C.1 Information about your relative:

which name do I need to put? My husband name?

C.2 And then it says address:

Do I put the address I'm living in US with my husband?

C.17 List husband/wife children of your relative

What do I put in there? The list of my family in my original country?

C.18 Address in the united states where your relative intend to live

Do i put the adddress where i am living with my husband?

C.19 You relative's address abroad

Do i put my old address the one i was living before coming to the US and getting married to my husband?

C.21 If filling for your husband/wife, give last address at which you lived together

and then it says from: - to:

what do I put in there? Our current address? But what the from: - to: stands for?

For the I-485 form:

Part1:

Family name: do i put my husbands name?

address: do i put the address where i am living with my husband?

social security: do i put n/a?

a#: what do i put here?

I-94: what do i put here?

current USCIS status: what do i put here?

Part2:

what do i check?

Part3:

A

current occupation: what do i put in here?

where you inspected by a US immigrant officer: what do i put in here?

B

List your present husband/wife, all your sons daughter

I do put my husband in there right?

but I have a son from a past relationship but he's living in another country, do I still put him in here?

C

List your past or present membership in any affiliation with every organization etc

what do i put in there? i did the lottery few years ago, should i put this in there? or it has nothing to do with anything?

Also which form do I need to fill up if I want the name of my husband now. becuase we got married and I want his name.

Also how much does it cost if i want to pay an attorney to do all this papers for me and how long would it take them?

Thank you so much for all your answers

Edited by tek

Can anyone help please?

At least on some questions?

Pretty please

Look here for sample of the I-130 http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-130.pdf and

then look here for sample of the I-485 http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-G-325A-aos.pdf

You might want to look at this link also... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=i130guide2

The last link will explain the process for filing and will explain the different forms for you to consider filing with the I-485, for work or travel if need while the petition is pending.

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Ohh I will go take a look at it, thank you!

Also, for the I-485 it says we should show a paper to prove we live together.

My husband went to the manager of the appartments and said he wanted his wife to be put on the appartment papers too, and the manager gave him a bunch of papers to fill out with my social security number and all this jazz.

So we got scared and didn't fill it out.

I am not allowed to fill this kind of papers until i dont have my AOS right? Because the manager must report me, thinking i am not legit or something?

I entered the US in january without visa, because i didn't need, it was only as a visitor for 90 days allowed.

In the I-130 form when it says:

A.1 I am filling this petition for :

-my wife

C.1 Information about your relative:

which name do I need to put? My husband name?

C.2 And then it says address:

Do I put the address I'm living in US with my husband?

C.17 List husband/wife children of your relative

What do I put in there? The list of my family in my original country?

C.18 Address in the united states where your relative intend to live

Do i put the adddress where i am living with my husband?

C.19 You relative's address abroad

Do i put my old address the one i was living before coming to the US and getting married to my husband?

C.21 If filling for your husband/wife, give last address at which you lived together

and then it says from: - to:

what do I put in there? Our current address? But what the from: - to: stands for?

For the I-485 form:

Part1:

Family name: do i put my husbands name?

address: do i put the address where i am living with my husband?

social security: do i put n/a?

a#: what do i put here?

I-94: what do i put here?

current USCIS status: what do i put here?

Part2:

what do i check?

Part3:

A

current occupation: what do i put in here?

where you inspected by a US immigrant officer: what do i put in here?

B

List your present husband/wife, all your sons daughter

I do put my husband in there right?

but I have a son from a past relationship but he's living in another country, do I still put him in here?

C

List your past or present membership in any affiliation with every organization etc

what do i put in there? i did the lottery few years ago, should i put this in there? or it has nothing to do with anything?

Also which form do I need to fill up if I want the name of my husband now. becuase we got married and I want his name.

Also how much does it cost if i want to pay an attorney to do all this papers for me and how long would it take them?

Thank you so much for all your answers

-----------

I'm just wondering how you entered US "without" a visa... Not even B2 Visa? or Visitor Visa? So you dont have the I-94 with you? Did the immigration officer check your papers?

Edited by km24

Filed N-400 (Arizona Lockbox) - July 10, 2014

NOA received - July 22, 2014

Biometrics - August 8, 2014

In line for interview scheduling - August 12, 2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello

what i know about it was your illegal coz you came in the us as a tourist visa..and if uscis know about that you got married they will require you to go back home and file for a K3 which is a spouse visa..and if you wont follow them you might get a 10 years ban and you cant get in the us for 10 year..you need to do it in a legal way..

I am from Europe, you do not need a visa, you are allowed to stay in the US for 90 days - Yes I have I-94

Yes they checked my passport, and i was allowed to stay for 90 days, and my husband married me before my 90 days expired.

Many people explained me before, it was totally legal for me to marry my husband while i was here for 90 days and it was legal to marry him even with a tourist visa ...... u do not need a fiance visa or whatever.

And now you guys are telling me it's not?

I am not illegal i'm out of status, that's what so many people told me already.

Edited by tek

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
I am from Europe, you do not need a visa, you are allowed to stay in the US for 90 days - Yes I have I-94

Yes they checked my passport, and i was allowed to stay for 90 days, and my husband married me before my 90 days expired.

Many people explained me before, it was totally legal for me to marry my husband while i was here for 90 days and it was legal to marry him even with a tourist visa ...... u do not need a fiance visa or whatever.

And now you guys are telling me it's not?

I am not illegal i'm out of status, that's what so many people told me already.

its true that you can get married while over in the USA on the VWP but you should have left the country on or before your 90 days expired and your husband is supposed to petition for you to come over legally, and that takes at least 8 months. i am not 100% sure if you are allowed to file without going through the K1 (fiance visa) or K3 (married visa) so yes as far as i can see you are illegal, best of luck and hope you dont get deported or banned

K1

see my timeline for K1

Applied for SSN : 2009-05-07

Received SSN : 2009-05-11 (maiden Name)

Marriage : 2009-06-27

AOS

Filed: 2009-07-20

Delivered : 2009-07-22 Signed by - R MERCADO.

NOA's dated : 2009-07-27

received NOA's : 2009-07-31

touched : 2009-07-30 for EAD, I-485 and AP

Bio Appointment : 2009-08-21

touched: AOS case moved to California 2009-09-09

EAD Card Ordered : 2009-09-17

AP Approved: 2009-09-17

AP Received: 2009-09-24

EAD Card Received: 2009-09-24

Case transfered again, back to the NBC we go 2009-10-13

Woohooo got my drivers license today 2009-10-13

2009-11-05 Went to change my SSN to my married name but was told it wasnt in the system yet i receive mail from USCIS in my married name

April 15th 2010, received email that my green card is on its way woohooo!!!

April 23rd 2010 received my greencard today

ezub3hz.png

K3 has nothing to do with me ......

K-3 Spouse Visa Process & Procedures

If you are married to a non US Citizen and you both wish to live together and immigrate to the USA then the K3 visa is a possible option for you. General discussion relating to K4 Visas should also go here. People who file for a K-3 have automatically also filed for a IR1/CR1 Visa (I-130) and can persue that visa if it is approved faster than the K-3.

My husband is citizen ....

K1 is if i was still in my country which i wasnt ....

and yes u are allowed to get married while being in the us on a visitor visa. I am not illegal i am out of status .........

I read this from USCIS Website for Tourists under Visa Waiver Program.

7. Complete form I-94W (Departure Record). This form is supplied by the transportation carriers once you are on board.

Visitors applying for entry under the visa waiver program are allowed to remain in the United States for a period of ninety (90) days. This period cannot be extended. Visitors cannot change their status while in the United States.

Travelers entering initially under the visa waiver program may make side trips to countries adjacent to the United States (including the Caribbean islands) and reenter the United States by any means of transport, provided that the total stay in the region is not longer than 90 days.

Visitors for business or tourism cannot work or study in the United States.

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Moldova
Timeline
Why are people telling em this kind of things now?

I asked many times before getting married, and everybody told me everything was ok if i was getting married even without a k1 ....

Relax. File the I-130, I-485, etc. When you are interviewed, explain that you did not intend to get married when you arrived. You will be fine.

Thank you Jeriii ;n;

People are making me worried and now i have been crying for the past hour because i am so lost ;n;

This is the topic i made before being married and everybody told me it was ok back then :

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=187744

So I don't understand why now people are telling me it's not ;n;

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.