Angel Eyes Yuseef

International calling cards

80 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Distasteful and unappreciative.

M's "wife", you create thread after thread asking questions that could be answered if you'd do just a little digging on the site yourself. After the question is answered you bolt. You don't acknowledge the ppl who have kindly answered your question. So you want everyone here to do your dirty work but you don't even say as much as a thank you or hey you really helped me...thanks. You DEMAND answers and when you don't get those answers you post ####### about wolf packs and bullies. I'm an adult woman. I have no issues from childhood. I am not a bully. Actually I'm a very pleasant person *if* I like you. I bend over backwards to help ppl on a daily basis with a big smile on my face. Do you know what I have issue with? Laziness and poor manners. Although this is a site for adults I'm not allowed to say words like "lazy" because that would constitute a personal attack. Do you know what else constitutes a personal attack? Telling ppl to have manners. Manners like saying "please" and "thank you". Also, a personal attack is telling someone to use google. I don't understand this. It's ok for this woman to come here calling ppl names like "wolf pack" or "bully" or judging the status of one's hormones. But when you suggest that she look things up on her own you are accused of attacking. Woman, you should look in the mirror next time you question someone's maturity if you're going to throw around the words..."wolf pack" or "bully".

maybe she means in terms of you? because as it stands now, if i knew the answers to yr questions, i wouldn't bother posting anything. and it's not just me, there are plenty of others who wouldn't bother to go out of their way to help you because of yr distasteful disposition either. you've managed to annoy a lot of people here, in a very short period of time.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

To move this into another direction... the first time I called Morocco was on a weekend. I couldn't reach the phone company first, so I didn't know how much it was going to cost. I kept it short, luckily. When I reached them that Monday, they said it was (and no, I'm not making this up!) $5.25 per minute!!!!!!!!!!! The rep then said for $4/mo, I could pay 59 cents a minute. I did that until I found something better!

Oh, and this is kind of funny - people posting the eating popcorn 'smiley' here - and there was just a commercial on - didn't pay much attention to it, but I looked up and there was a guy on the TV in his underwear, popping popcorn.

#######. Now I'm thinking of going back downstairs to make popcorn. Gee, I'm not influenced by the power of suggestion or anything....

venusfire

met online May 2006

visited him in Morocco July 2006

K-1 petition sent late September 2006 after second visit

December 2006 - third trip - went for his visa interview (stood outside all day)

visa approved! arrived here together right before Christmas 2006

married January 2007

AOS paperwork sent February 2007

RFE (yipee)

another RFE (yikes)

AOS approval July 2007

sent Removal of Conditions paperwork 01 May 2009

received I-751 NOA 14 May 2009

received ASC appt. notice 28 May 2009

biometrics appt. 12 June 2009

I-751 approval date 25 Sept 2009 (no updates on the system - still says 'received'/"initial review")

19 Oct 2009 - got text message "card production ordered"

24 Oct 2009 - actual card in the mail box!

sent his N-400 - 14 May 2010

check cashed 27 May 2010

NOA received 29 May 2010 (dated 24 May)

Biometrics Appointment Letter received 17 June 2010

Biometrics scheduled for 08 July 2010; walk-in successfully done in Philadelphia 07 July 2010

02 Oct 2010 - FINALLY got email saying the case was being transferred to the local office. Hoping to get his interview letter soon...

05 Oct 2010 - received interview letter!!!!

08 November 2010 - scheduled for N-400 interview

- went together for interview; file isn't there - need to wait to be rescheduled

Jan 2011 - went for Infopass

25 Feb 2011 - interview

19 April 2011 - Infopass

8 July 2011 - HE'S FINALLY A CITIZEN - WOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 July 2011 - citizenship party

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

honestly some of the best deals we've found on calling cards are some of the mexican ones at convenience stores. We've gotten as much as 45 minutes for 5 bucks before but I couldnt ever find that exact card again. and then of course there are the ones that end up with like 13 minutes for $5. We'venever used magic jack because no one in the family there uses internet at home, its too expensive.

as for the rest - its important to bear in mind that this site and the advice/tips etc offered here are all voluntary and done as a courtesy to help each other out. No one is ever obligated to give any information or assistance. Sometimes people dont answer because they dont know the answers. I know for me personally its been more than 5 years since my husbands interview and I beleive the tone of Casa has changed some over the years, so I usually dont answer the questions about interviews and costs - my information is outdated. Would I really be helping anyone by posting inaccurate info?? But again, those who do chime in where they can are doing it out of a sense of helpfulness, which is extinguished rapidly when they are scolded for not answering fast enough or completely enough. Part of this whole process involves doing research and legwork for yourself, if you dont know how to do a forum search then ask someone to help you with it. we were all new here at some point - and everyone loves to help those who try to help themselves first.

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Timeline

Wow - this just reminds me... when we were still waiting for the visa, we stumbled across VJ and posted a few times, all in a panic. Then we kind of 'lost' the website for a while. We were happy to rediscover it, and my husband started posting on a new name. Then I opened this account. Now that I've been here a while, I realize how ANNOYING we must have been! Luckily, I don't think I remember our original screen name. I'd feel obligated to tell it, and then people might happen to remember and say "oh.... them...."

haha

I hope people don't think that of me now! I try not to annoy anyone (except maybe my ex).

For what it's worth, I feel bad that we probably got on people's nerves back in 2006. Sorry!

Uh oh - now everyone who was around then will wonder - hey, was she "so and so"....?

the answer is - no, we weren't

:jest::lol:

venusfire (in a weird mood tonight)

met online May 2006

visited him in Morocco July 2006

K-1 petition sent late September 2006 after second visit

December 2006 - third trip - went for his visa interview (stood outside all day)

visa approved! arrived here together right before Christmas 2006

married January 2007

AOS paperwork sent February 2007

RFE (yipee)

another RFE (yikes)

AOS approval July 2007

sent Removal of Conditions paperwork 01 May 2009

received I-751 NOA 14 May 2009

received ASC appt. notice 28 May 2009

biometrics appt. 12 June 2009

I-751 approval date 25 Sept 2009 (no updates on the system - still says 'received'/"initial review")

19 Oct 2009 - got text message "card production ordered"

24 Oct 2009 - actual card in the mail box!

sent his N-400 - 14 May 2010

check cashed 27 May 2010

NOA received 29 May 2010 (dated 24 May)

Biometrics Appointment Letter received 17 June 2010

Biometrics scheduled for 08 July 2010; walk-in successfully done in Philadelphia 07 July 2010

02 Oct 2010 - FINALLY got email saying the case was being transferred to the local office. Hoping to get his interview letter soon...

05 Oct 2010 - received interview letter!!!!

08 November 2010 - scheduled for N-400 interview

- went together for interview; file isn't there - need to wait to be rescheduled

Jan 2011 - went for Infopass

25 Feb 2011 - interview

19 April 2011 - Infopass

8 July 2011 - HE'S FINALLY A CITIZEN - WOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 July 2011 - citizenship party

Timeline

http://www.t-mobile.com/international/Long...ceOverview.aspx

hopefully this helps!

We did the whole magic jack thing, but someone dropped it on the floor and it broke. So we just use msn or skype. We also have a code for calling. I got the international calling plan through T-mobile and if his family needs to talk to him ASAP, they call my cell let it ring twice and I call them back. Let me tell you I find the International calling plan quite helpful because we also have friends in other countries and I doesn't cut you off 5 minutes short of the time you are supposed to have. Anyway, good luck on the search!

Hi,

Is there a specific name to the TMobile international calling plan? Whenever I ask TMobile customer service, they always say they don't have international plans! I would love a good international calling plan on my cell phone.

Thanks for any info!

Ooops! too late! :blush:

We did the whole magic jack thing, but someone dropped it on the floor and it broke. So we just use msn or skype. We also have a code for calling. I got the international calling plan through T-mobile and if his family needs to talk to him ASAP, they call my cell let it ring twice and I call them back. Let me tell you I find the International calling plan quite helpful because we also have friends in other countries and I doesn't cut you off 5 minutes short of the time you are supposed to have. Anyway, good luck on the search!

Hi,

Is there a specific name to the TMobile international calling plan? Whenever I ask TMobile customer service, they always say they don't have international plans! I would love a good international calling plan on my cell phone.

Thanks for any info!

http://www.t-mobile.com/International/Long...ceOverview.aspx

(F) This is what I found. I guess if you enroll there are discounted rates for calling and SMS however, if not enrolled in the discounted plan its 1.99 per minute (outrageous!!!).

Thanks. I appreciate it. .61 is still high. Much higher than the calling card system I use, and him calling here with the cards for street phone and home phone there. Thanks for looking it up though. I appreicate it.

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Wow! The she wolf pack is out on the hunt tonight! :pop:

I have posted a couple of times to your requests. I can't say that your present comments do much at all in furthering goodwill here.

Really? What about the comments of others? How does that do for the goodwill? :whistle:

You've said ALOT of things here tonight using a broad brush to sweep everyone together....some of which have NOT made comments to you. YES people can be catty on this board and not nice at times, but you know what, I would consider that you still need to get through this process. If you don't like some people's comments....IGNORE THEM! But if you are looking for additional assistance, I would definitely take into consideration what alot of people are saying to you in regards on HOW to obtain more information and perhaps a little more gratitude to those that do help you so that you can CONTINUE to receive help.

I just quit dont understand what gratitude you expect me to have...lol really its quite hillarious. I asked a question about magic jack and I get this response...

How about you google "magic jack"? How did my immigrant husband navigate his way to the store, ask questions, buy a magic jack and send it to Egypt all without anyone's help and you can't even google it?

On top of it all, no one gets as much as a thank you from you once you've gotten your answers.

OH and before you say anything about the state of my hormones...they're ship shape. I'm a younger woman haven't gone through the change yet.

Sorry, but that wasnt something I was grateful for. Hummm... then I get another wonderful response...

Never changes Janine...although some of us have learned to use the Forums Search feature and google.

See below; I know everyone is proud of me!

That was a tad smartelicy to me, and you chalk it up to good advice. All I did was ask a simple question. And some ppl get pissed off because I did not google it on my own. They acuse me of "demanding" people to find it for me and do the work. I do applogize if I work alot, and have not replied with my gratitude... but just bc someone has not been able to reply with gratitude doesn not mean the assiatance was not appreciated. You have know idea whats going on in my life as to why I have not been able to reply back. And if you thought the bullying response was directed towards you then you should look to yourself bc evidently I hit a nerve and you somehow read that and applied it to yourself. I have never demandad anything from anyone.

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I have posted a couple of times to your requests. I can't say that your present comments do much at all in furthering goodwill here.

Really? What about the comments of others? How does that do for the goodwill? :whistle:

You've said ALOT of things here tonight using a broad brush to sweep everyone together....some of which have NOT made comments to you. YES people can be catty on this board and not nice at times, but you know what, I would consider that you still need to get through this process. If you don't like some people's comments....IGNORE THEM! But if you are looking for additional assistance, I would definitely take into consideration what alot of people are saying to you in regards on HOW to obtain more information and perhaps a little more gratitude to those that do help you so that you can CONTINUE to receive help.

I just quit dont understand what gratitude you expect me to have...lol really its quite hillarious. I asked a question about magic jack and I get this response...

How about you google "magic jack"? How did my immigrant husband navigate his way to the store, ask questions, buy a magic jack and send it to Egypt all without anyone's help and you can't even google it?

On top of it all, no one gets as much as a thank you from you once you've gotten your answers.

OH and before you say anything about the state of my hormones...they're ship shape. I'm a younger woman haven't gone through the change yet.

Sorry, but that wasnt something I was grateful for. Hummm... then I get another wonderful response...

Never changes Janine...although some of us have learned to use the Forums Search feature and google.

That was a tad smartelicy to me, and you chalk it up to good advice. All I did was ask a simple question. And some ppl get pissed off because I did not google it on my own. They acuse me of "demanding" people to find it for me and do the work. I do applogize if I work alot, and have not replied with my gratitude... but just bc someone has not been able to reply with gratitude doesn not mean the assiatance was not appreciated. You have know idea whats going on in my life as to why I have not been able to reply back. And if you thought the bullying response was directed towards you then you should look to yourself bc evidently I hit a nerve and you somehow read that and applied it to yourself. I have never demandad anything from anyone.

If you have time to chastise, you have time to say Thank you! No excuses.

You know, marriage is hard, and cross-cultural marriage is harder. Asking for a little self-sufficiency from you is not an insufferable demand in light of what awaits you if your SO gets here. Go easy. Most people here are happy to help when they can, but God helps those who help themselves, as do we.

Just sayin'. Take it or leave it.

You know, marriage is hard, and cross-cultural marriage is harder. Asking for a little self-sufficiency from you is not an insufferable demand in light of what awaits you if your SO gets here. Go easy. Most people here are happy to help when they can, but God helps those who help themselves, as do we.

Beeeeatch... :o I am agreeing with you often. I need to change my meds :crying:

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

:lol: Me thinks your meds are workin' just fine.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :cry::P

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :cry::P

Actually me too. :wacko:

But to M's wife. You say that none of us know your life, and how hard it is. But do you know ours? Annie for instance, the one that gave you all of those links for magic jack, that you didn't thank her for. She works full time, and has a set of very young twins. She took the time to assist you. I have also contributed to some of your threads. Do you know anything about my life either? Or do you know anything at all about what kind of visa journey that we have had? We are all busy, and none of us mind helping when we can, but yeah it gets a bit annoying when someone doesn't bother looking, and we do it for them, just to be rudely brushed off like we owe it to you. An appreciative word goes a long way.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Palestine
Timeline

so true! :thumbs:

Palestine the world's largest open air prison

Boy this woman just doesn't get it. I wasn't looking for a thank you from my response. I was trying to point out the fact that she doesn't thank ppl who actually do help her. BTW, I know how magic jack works. I wasn't gonna "recap" it. Annie already suggested she do a search on it here and she flat out ignored her. Annie then very nicely googled it and gave her links and she got nasty. Apparently she can't click on links either.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Palestine
Timeline
Boy this woman just doesn't get it. I wasn't looking for a thank you from my response. I was trying to point out the fact that she doesn't thank ppl who actually do help her. BTW, I know how magic jack works. I wasn't gonna "recap" it. Annie already suggested she do a search on it here and she flat out ignored her. Annie then very nicely googled it and gave her links and she got nasty. Apparently she can't click on links either.

My guess would be that maybe she wants someone to purchase the magic jack for her, unwrap it out of it's box/case, take it to her home and show her step by step how it works (without even bothering to quickly read through the instructions).

Then after you have taken the time to assist you will leave her home without even a "thanks". :mellow:

Palestine the world's largest open air prison

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.