MouadsWife

? About Costs, Mailing Proof and Docs for Interview!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Our interview is in December, and have acquired so much to send as far as proof for the interview. And actually, I think I do have a oak tree of chat logs and emails! BUT... to save money on shipping costs I was thinking of not sending the emails and chat logs. And only the forms and the pictures and phone records. I have about 5 lbs of paperwork I think, maybe more...and to send that, using (United States Postal Service) usps gauranteed mail will be about $200.00. So thought about cutting back on those and just not sending them to save money. Can I get some thoughts on this? I thought maybe uscis would have send 'all' of it to Casablanca. Chat logs and phones records is pretty much what weighs the most!

What I had planed for my fiance to take to the interview is this:

1. Requested forms (that I am filling out for him)

2. I-134 Aff of Support (Just in case its requested)

3. Pictures

4. Should I send proof again from when I was there? Plane tickets?????? Just thought of this....

5. Chat logs... 1 chat per month for last year and a half

6. Emails

7. Copies of letter mailed to him, and from his he has mailed to me.

8. Phone records

Usps International gauranteed mail to send 7lbs of papers is $214.00, and will get there within 3 bussiness days. Standard International is about $66.00 for 10lbs but its not gauranteed and will get there within 10 bussiness days. Im really afraid to send it standard mail. Im afraid its going to get lost and it will be hard to get the signed letters from employement,e tc, again for the affidavit support. Sooooo.... with the above question, does anyone also have any advice on best economical way to ship thats pretty much gauranteed. Thanks!

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Our interview is in December, and have acquired so much to send as far as proof for the interview. And actually, I think I do have a oak tree of chat logs and emails! BUT... to save money on shipping costs I was thinking of not sending the emails and chat logs. And only the forms and the pictures and phone records. I have about 5 lbs of paperwork I think, maybe more...and to send that, using (United States Postal Service) usps gauranteed mail will be about $200.00. So thought about cutting back on those and just not sending them to save money. Can I get some thoughts on this? I thought maybe uscis would have send 'all' of it to Casablanca. Chat logs and phones records is pretty much what weighs the most!

3. Pictures

4. Should I send proof again from when I was there? Plane tickets?????? Just thought of this....

6. Emails

8. Phone records

Usps International gauranteed mail to send 7lbs of papers is $214.00, and will get there within 3 bussiness days. Standard International is about $66.00 for 10lbs but its not gauranteed and will get there within 10 bussiness days. Im really afraid to send it standard mail. Im afraid its going to get lost and it will be hard to get the signed letters from employement,e tc, again for the affidavit support. Sooooo.... with the above question, does anyone also have any advice on best economical way to ship thats pretty much gauranteed. Thanks!

Check out DHL I found them to be cheaper then UPS/ Fedex. Don't send it standard mail!

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

3. Pictures

6. Emails

8. Phone records

Do you have the full list he got from the embassy? "check list"

Im trying to get all the paper work ahead for my fiance.

Timeline

3. Pictures

6. Emails

8. Phone records

Yes here is a full list that they emailed me....

· Birth Certificate and English translation

· Police Certificate and English translation

· Court Record and English translation

· Singlehood Certificate and English translation

· Original Marriage Certificate plus a copy and English translation if applicable

· Original Divorce Certificate plus a copy and English translation if applicable

· Death Certificate of previous(s) spouse and English translation if applicable

· Medical Record from one of our panel physicians, see attached list

· 2 Photos (5cmx5cm) white background

· $131 paid in cash at the consulate or at any BMCI bank.

· Form DS-230

· Form DS-156 x 2

· Form DS-156K

· DS-157 (This for requests the Affidavit of Support to be attached)

The medical fees will be anywhere between 1500dh and 1800dh. I think the women doctor (Dr. Khadija Zirari) is the cheapest and everyone says to go to her. But here is the list of doctors that they gave me to use also...

Dr. Alain Guidon

6 Rue Mohamed Ben Ali

(Ex: Jean Jaurès)

Quartier Gauthier

Tél: 0522- 26-71-53

Dr. Abdelouahed Ambari

14 Bd. Ain Taoujtate

Imm. Riad 2eme Etage

Bourgogne

Tel : 0522-26-89-73

Dr. Khadija Zirari

29 Rue Taha Houcine

Quartier Gauthier

Tel: 0522- 49-16-80/81

Edited by MouadsWife

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Timeline

3. Pictures

6. Emails

8. Phone records

your list however will be different from mine. Not all consulates request the same information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.