loving_gabriela

case transferred to California Service Center from Vermont

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I received an email from USCIS stating that my case was transferred last October 9,2009. My husband and I are wondering why it has to be transferred?Is this something we should worry about? Thank you for your response.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Yay! This is a GOOD thing! My case sat at the Vermont service center (last year) for FOUR MONTHS without anything happening. Then, it got sent to California and we breezed through processing in no time! :) Hope y'all experience the same! :)

07/15/08- Married in Accra, Ghana

08/14/08- I130 SENT!!!

08/19/08- Recieved

08/25/08- NOA1

~~

NOTHING HAPPENED FOR 4 MONTHS!!!!

~~

12/27/08- Notice of case transfer to California

01/26/09- Found out all at once that USCIS approved our petition AND sent it to the NVC, got NVC case number as well.

04/03/09- CASE COMPLETE!!!!!!!

Waiting......waiting......waiting!! :(

10/30/09- INTERVIEW NOTIFICATION!!!!!

12/10/09- Interview in ACCRA!

Co-sponsor needed-NVC approved my sponsorship, USEM required more. :( So sad.

12/30/09- Return interview-APPROVED!!!!!!!!!

01/15/10- VISA IN HAND!!!!!

01/17/10- REUNITED in the USA!!!!!

SO happy to have my hubby here! Sorry I didn't update, once he came, I spent very little time online. The journey is SO SO HARD, but SOOOOO WORTH IT!!!!!

Hopefully, you won't have to go thru an interview and receive your greencard in the mail.

Keep on praying and keep your fingers crossed, you'll get good news soon. :thumbs::thumbs:

12/30/05 - married

7/14/06 - sent I-130

7/18/06 - notice of arrival I-130

8/03/09 - received approval I-130

7/28/09 - sent AOS package

7/29/09 - arrived Chicago lockbox

8/05/09 - touched

8/07/09 - received notice of arrival I-485

8/07/09 - received Biometrics appoitment notice for 9/2/09

8/22/09 - did walk-in biometrics (in/out within 30 minutes)

8/25/09 - touched

10/23/09 - received interview appoitment letter for 11/24/09

11/24/09 - Interview - approved received I-551 stamp

11/25/09 - received email from USCIS - card production ordered

11/28/09 - received welcome letter from USCIS (by mail)

11/30/09 - received email from USCIS - card production ordered

12/02/09 - received email from USCIS - I-1485 approval noticed mailed out

12/03/09 - touched

12/05/09 - received 10 year green card in the mail, Thank you Jesus

That means you won't have an interview... you might be surprised once they send you GC in the mail:D

K-1

10/6/2008: I-129F

4/14/2009: Visa in hand

5/17/2009: POE (Yaaaay!!)

AOS

9/8/2009: Sent I-765, I-485

12/7/2009: Interview

2/27/2010: GC in hands!! Thanks to GOD!!

ROC

11/21/2011: Sent I-751

11/23/2011: Package received

11/28/2011: Check cashed

11/23/2011: NOA dated

12/1/2011 : NOA received

1/03/2012 : Called USCIS for bio letter

1/16/2012 : Biometrics Notice Date

1/21/2012 : Biometrics Letter

2/13/2012 : Biometrics Appointment

4/27/2012 : Decision of Date

5/3/2012 : Notice of Approval

6/1/2012 : GC in hand :-D

Timeline
Yay! This is a GOOD thing! My case sat at the Vermont service center (last year) for FOUR MONTHS without anything happening. Then, it got sent to California and we breezed through processing in no time! :) Hope y'all experience the same! :)

Oh thank you for your response. We filed it end of August 2009 and I really hope we will experience the same thing as yours. I am keeping the faith.

Thanks everyone for your response which made us feel better....We are keeping the faith.

Not to make you worry, but a group from June filers, transferred in July, are still waiting on CSC. No touches no news since July. They seemed to have round to a halt just at the moment.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Being honest, I've always thought that having an interview is faster :( At least you know the certain dates. In CSC you're just waiting.

My Art and Handmade Gifts

10. 10. 2008 - sent the petition

10. 16. 2008 - NOA1

04. 10. 2009 - sent letters to senators and asked for help

04. 17. 2009 - service request

04. 20. 2009 - filled senator's form which we got from him

04. 30. 2009 - another senator called us up

05. 04. 2009 - NOA2

05. 08. 2009 - NVC

06. 16. 2009 - interview (8 months since NOA1) passed

07. 03. 2009 - leaving for Texas. Go Rangers

07. 25. 2009 - officially married

08. 28. 2009 - AOS process started

09. 08. 2009 - NOA1

09. 30. 2009 - AP approved

10. 02. 2009 - I485 was forwarded to California, yay!

10. 13. 2009 - biometrics

10. 13. 2009 - EAD production was ordered

01. 04. 2010 - AOS approved

Done till Oct 2011!

11. 11. 2011 - I 751 filed

11. 16. 2011 - NOA1

12. 16. 2011 - Biometrics

04. 16. 2012 - ROC Approved

10. 10. 2012 - N 400 filed

10. 15. 2012 - NOA1

11. 15. 2012 - Biometrics

12. 04. 2012 - In line for the interview

01. 14. 2013 - Interview

01. 25. 2013 - Oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

ei my case were also transferred chicago to california. they give me a notice 2nd week of Sept. For now there's no mail yet or any next step they told me to do. and i heard that in most cases those that where transferred don't have to go to the usual interview before they received their GC. hope we also have their luck. jejeje.. GOD BLESS TO US> :innocent:

Timeline
ei my case were also transferred chicago to california. they give me a notice 2nd week of Sept. For now there's no mail yet or any next step they told me to do. and i heard that in most cases those that where transferred don't have to go to the usual interview before they received their GC. hope we also have their luck. jejeje.. GOD BLESS TO US> :innocent:

hi!i just got email from USCIS regarding my application,the employment authorization and to travel were approved today October 14,2009.Thank God!I was advised to allow 30 days for the card to be mailed to you.I hope your case will move too.Good luck and i believe in the power of prayer.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all

We received this email October 19

On October 16, 2009, we transferred this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283. *Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check My Case Status and Check Processing Times.*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message. Sincerely, The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

And just received this one October 22

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283. *Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check My Case Status and Check Processing Times.*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message. Sincerely, The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

What does it mean? Have they transferred my case again to Chicago? Please help Im really worried.

Filed: Timeline

Call to find out what's up with it, instead of asking people here, get the actual answer right now using the phone number they provided you.

Hi all

On October 16, 2009, we transferred this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283. *Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check My Case Status and Check Processing Times.*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message. Sincerely, The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283. *Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check My Case Status and Check Processing Times.*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message. Sincerely, The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

What does it mean? Have they transferred my case again to Chicago? Please help Im really worried.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Call to find out what's up with it, instead of asking people here, get the actual answer right now using the phone number they provided you.

Hi all

Hi You are right i will call tomorrow and find out whats going on. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.