ChuckandRhean

Is Marriage a GAMBLE or a BUSINESS CONTRACT?

57 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
:wub: Thanks! :wub::wub:

Really I am the lucky one :)

So does that make him your LWSM? (someone will know what this means, not LBSM)! :lol:

LW..does that mean LONG WHITE??? :energy::innocent:

"I will remain to be yours forever,My Love. I love you soOOo much,Honey! The mOst GOrgeous Man ever in Austin!"

--Rhean

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charles and Rhean

I-129F

02-xx-2008 Met online

03-21-2009 Travelled to Philippines to meet

03-31-2009 Sent out I -129F by FedEx

04-01-2009 NOA 1

08-31-2009 NOA 2 (what a long wait!)

09-04-2009 NVC received I-129F

09-11-2009 Embassy received I-129F

09-30-2009 Medical exam passed

10-08-2009 Interview ...a SUCCESS!

10-20-2009 POE..Minneapolis

10-22-2009 SSN..woohooo!

12-27-2009 Got Married!!!

AOS Timeline

01-07-10 Received changed name Social Security Number

01-10-10 Mailed AOS, EAD, AP via USPS

01-13-10 AOS packet touched , January 13, 2010, 8:10 am, CHICAGO, IL 60680

01-19-10 AOS, EAD, AP NOA1

02-19-10 Biometrics Appointment

02-19-10 Biometrics done!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

First and foremost, marriage is a choice... We (hopefully) chose to live as one together,

But it is also in part a gamble, any time you trust your heart, soul, finances and future to someone it is taking a risk and gambling is a risk

In a technical aspect also a contract. Marriage in and of itself is a legal joining of two persons and when entered into, you take on legal, financial and emotional responsibilities that are determined by the state and in many cases the religious oaths of marriage

Finally, it is a committment... Not every day will you wake up and be in total bliss, some days you will go to bed and think other thoughts... But you made a committment to be each others partner in good times and bad, sickness and health, richer and poorer... etc... This is the oath you take, the committment you make, the gamble you take and the contract with the state/god that you made...

So to me, it is all of them....

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Timeline
As for my opinion......

Marriage is.......... a gamble ......... because you take a..... risk ..... for your love, life and future.

Let's be open-minded about this.

I disagree that marriage is a win-win circumstances because not everyone can have it. That is why divorce and annulment were formulated to unbind people.

Marriage is not an ideal union for people. It is a reality that people can take a risk to gamble their love, life and future where you will never know and only time can tell if you win or lose after all the struggles.

There is always probability that you will lose even though you think you will win because there's a lot of unseen factors. That is why it is important to have spiritual guidance in marriage. It helps alleviate the marriage and achieve the success for it.

I must say......

I gamble.... and I know I win..... and I know I'm gonna win at the end.... but fate have its twist.... I might never know... but I have no fear that I will lose.... because there's divine guidance in the middle of our relationship that keeps guiding us to right path.

I like your thinking, big money! And Marriage is more beneficial to the woman. For the man, there really is not much upside to getting married if you are open minded and think about it. Good point.

I wasn't primarily pertaining to money. Monetary units always been constitute how marriage works but not all the time. I know that you are thinking in a battle between husband and wife, usually wife is more beneficial here.

As for the man, generally guys think here that there's nothing so much upside for them compare to woman. But then, think about this. If you find the right girl for you because you take risk in knowing and having her, will you not feel secure for all of your life because you know at the end of the day, there's someone who is gonna be at your side no matter what happen? Will you not gonna be happy when there's someone taking care of you and making you smile in your despair time? Will you feel wonderful that you are building a harmonious family with her? Isn't it great to know that when your hair turns to gray and your teeth fall apart, there's someone always with you, and that someone is your wife?

It usually happens for the man who take risk knowing their right woman, and it's not trying to be negatively open-minded. There's a lot woman who take risk in marrying a man and ended up for nothing but pain.

Well, for curiosity purposes.

My family is not rich in the Philippines but I am living with luxury because I can afford. I have a good pay from my previous job which allowed me to do so. My husband couldn't afford to give me the luxuries that I've been having in the Philippines because it's so expensive to have it here in US. But it never makes me disappointed nor dissatisfied because I am more happy and so contented to live with him. I am more happy, knowing someday I'm gonna have my own kids with him, and he's gonna be a great father. I am more happy because he gives me a family that I wish to have. I am more happy and contented that I have someone whom I share equally wonderful marriage life with so much love and respect.

It's not all about money. If happen I'm gonna divorce him, financially speaking, I will ended up nothing because he have nothing to be considered "wealth". But at my current state of mind, divorce seems to be not part of my vocabulary.

In life, when you risk something, you gamble something ........... and in gambling .... there's always probability.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Not sure what LWSM means but I hope you're not cutting me down hahaha.

On another note, I don't think that all men have more to loose by getting married than women do. I mean, I could be a rich doctor that drives a mercedes and he could be a worthless bum that never worked and I was his mommy for 5 years taking care of his lame @#% because working apparently wasn't his "style".

Then when we got divorced he got half of everything I owned and left me with his debt which was so sweet of him.... oh wait........ this is not a scenario this really happened....

So yeah.... women have just as much to loose as men.

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

On another note, I don't think that all men have more to loose by getting married than women do. I mean, I could be a rich doctor that drives a mercedes and he could be a worthless bum that never worked and I was his mommy for 5 years taking care of his lame @#% because working apparently wasn't his "style".

Then when we got divorced he got half of everything I owned and left me with his debt which was so sweet of him.... oh wait........ this is not a scenario this really happened....

Hmmm, I'm disheartened that no one stepped up to answer my funny comment to your earlier loving post about your SO. Being that just the other day, a filipina here was roaring with laughter that her man calls her his LBSM.

Filipinas are sometimes known lovingly by their man as a LBSM: Little Brown Sex Machine. In your case, W = White.

I hate explaining a joke. It sucks out all the fun. And please dont assume put downs in life. Rather, expect the best from people, and that is what you are likely to get.... :angry:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I am confused I didn't think anyone put me down. Did I come across that way? If so, that was not my intention at all. I meant that as a funny line honestly.

And hahaha I don't think that explaining the joke took the fun out of the comment at all LOL I am a LWSM WOOOOOT!

It's HIS fault though. He has that sexy accent and that damn smile that makes me all crazy. In my eyes... he always starts it lol damn foreigner men! humph

Edited by Rings

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Timeline

naaaah :P You dont have to worry bout it. itzallgood's joke is done in good faith and intends to inject plain humor. Never did the joke itself malign the perception of filipinas as "Little Brown Sex Machine" ,which is lovingly use as term of endearment of their partner (done sparingly). Count me in. ^_^ My honey told me that once and its "music in heaven" to my ears.Really!

Id say LBSM is situational in nature, anyone may regard it as taken desirably or otherwise.

Its very apparent how u feel so much love with ur partner . My hands down to that. My fiance and I were lighthearted people making fun of ourselves sometimes ^_^ . Chuck is a whole package: funny,kind, so smart, most handsome,athletic,very hardworking, loving and so caring...Im so lucky. I couldnt ask for more. And Im loving him more each day. :wub::wub::wub:^_^

I believe that the man you love feels so LUCKY and PROUD to have you in his life. ^_^

"I will remain to be yours forever,My Love. I love you soOOo much,Honey! The mOst GOrgeous Man ever in Austin!"

--Rhean

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charles and Rhean

I-129F

02-xx-2008 Met online

03-21-2009 Travelled to Philippines to meet

03-31-2009 Sent out I -129F by FedEx

04-01-2009 NOA 1

08-31-2009 NOA 2 (what a long wait!)

09-04-2009 NVC received I-129F

09-11-2009 Embassy received I-129F

09-30-2009 Medical exam passed

10-08-2009 Interview ...a SUCCESS!

10-20-2009 POE..Minneapolis

10-22-2009 SSN..woohooo!

12-27-2009 Got Married!!!

AOS Timeline

01-07-10 Received changed name Social Security Number

01-10-10 Mailed AOS, EAD, AP via USPS

01-13-10 AOS packet touched , January 13, 2010, 8:10 am, CHICAGO, IL 60680

01-19-10 AOS, EAD, AP NOA1

02-19-10 Biometrics Appointment

02-19-10 Biometrics done!

Filed: Timeline
Marriage is a contract.

The relationship behind the marriage is something else.

Now you ruining the all the fun....... :crying:

:P

I tell you - if it was not for the immigration process, the redhead and I would probably still be living in sin :lol:

I just think we get caught up in the "marriage" part of it, and sometimes not pay much attention to the relationship.

I think its both and can't be either one. It's a gamble because there are risks involve.It's a business contract coz it needs commitment, and each party somehow invests something on it and of course wants something good out of it.

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.