ChuckandRhean

Is Marriage a GAMBLE or a BUSINESS CONTRACT?

57 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Due to persistent public demand,I now present to you the issue and thus, take side. :thumbs:

"I will remain to be yours forever,My Love. I love you soOOo much,Honey! The mOst GOrgeous Man ever in Austin!"

--Rhean

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charles and Rhean

I-129F

02-xx-2008 Met online

03-21-2009 Travelled to Philippines to meet

03-31-2009 Sent out I -129F by FedEx

04-01-2009 NOA 1

08-31-2009 NOA 2 (what a long wait!)

09-04-2009 NVC received I-129F

09-11-2009 Embassy received I-129F

09-30-2009 Medical exam passed

10-08-2009 Interview ...a SUCCESS!

10-20-2009 POE..Minneapolis

10-22-2009 SSN..woohooo!

12-27-2009 Got Married!!!

AOS Timeline

01-07-10 Received changed name Social Security Number

01-10-10 Mailed AOS, EAD, AP via USPS

01-13-10 AOS packet touched , January 13, 2010, 8:10 am, CHICAGO, IL 60680

01-19-10 AOS, EAD, AP NOA1

02-19-10 Biometrics Appointment

02-19-10 Biometrics done!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Neither....

Marriage is a public proclamation of the love two people share.

The only contract involved is more of a personal nature than a business one.

It is a contract because there is a meeting of the minds, but the meeting of the heart is not a contract nor a business deal. It is simply a tie that link two persons. LOVE is what makes this contract binding. I'm not sure if I make sense but I will post it anyway.

Due to persistent public demand,I now present to you the issue and thus, take side. :thumbs:

"It depends..."

It depends on the circumtances. It depends on the involved parties. It depends on the motives...

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Filed: Timeline

:crying:

It is a GAMBLE....and all we can do make an EDUCATED GAMBLER guess.... and hope all turn out based on the information available. As any gambler the odds are always against the player and on the house side.

People change...relationships change, Happily ever after is dream and an a hope...we always strive to obtain.

Few rough spots in the relationship and if not prepared to deal with them, can send the contract to the lawyers...(meaning divorce!!!).

If one side is LEACHING the other side, that will come a time when the leach get too heavy to be carried......and surgical removal will be necessary... :whistle:

It a two way street and both side need to carry the appropriate amount weight to make life bearable..... :bonk:

Edited by Ndrangeta_one

whaddaya talking about girl? Are you daft? You running out of topic? Talk about Obama or Sarah Palin, Katherine Heigl adopting a korean baby or McKenzie Philips coming out of the closet after having an incestous relationship with her The Mammas and the Pappas daddy?

Edited by Rocky_nBullwinkle

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

whaddaya talking about girl? Are you daft? You running out of topic? Talk about Obama or Sarah Palin, Katherine Heigl adopting a korean baby or McKenzie Philips coming out of the closet after having an incestous relationship with her The Mammas and the Pappas daddy?

Commom Marie, Let's forget those tabloid trashes for now. B)

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Timeline

Im talking sense, girl. :blink: THE TOPIC IS TIMELY AND NEVER WILL I RUN OF TOPIC,SWEETIE ^_^ You, yourself is a story for fact. :star:

I dont go overboard bout citing others' affairs exclusively ,nor inconsiderately get into others' personal details neither emmersing my thoughts to some wrecked relationship publicly feasted with paparracii. Id rather approach common people with real needs . That ,I would say I made myself useful.To note, Information devulge therein are kept with utmost respect ,dignity and confidence.

Topic is out in the open so as other VJers out there who might relate to it could share their thoughts and experience, and that ideas shared may be deemed valuable to help others in the process. This topic is formulated to ignite critical thinking.Accept it or dispute it, your choice ,sweetie:yes: GOD BLESS YOU!

"I will remain to be yours forever,My Love. I love you soOOo much,Honey! The mOst GOrgeous Man ever in Austin!"

--Rhean

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charles and Rhean

I-129F

02-xx-2008 Met online

04-01-2009 NOA 1

10-22-2009 SSN..woohooo!

AOS Timeline

NEITHER

Not a gamble because when you gamble you are not sure of winning or losing...when you enter into marriage you are SURE at that time and place ,this is the person you want to spend the rest of your life , you are sure that you have won.

Not a business contract per se because the latter has the strictest terms and conditions that both parties must follow.

In a way marriage is a contract but in a different sense because you commit to your vows but on the other hand you also find yourself accepting and loving the other person's faults and weaknesses. It is true that it will take a lifetime to know your partner and being married is an everyday adjustment, it is about making decisions, good or bad and from that you both face the consequences together , as a team, as partners. You find yourself bending forward or backward ( now dont take this literally :)) to accomodate your partner but sometimes you also stand your ground and say NO...this is what marriage is all about.

When I married my husband, I know I have won. I am still adjusting to his ways, even after almost two years of marriage but it is a very exciting and wonderful experience. I didn't gamble on him..I was sure.

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Neither....

Marriage is a public proclamation of the love two people share.

The only contract involved is more of a personal nature than a business one.

Incorrect. Marriage is both a gamble (50% failure rate in US, so flip a coin), and a business contract (just ask a friend who has a copy of divorce decree and see 20 pages of the terms of separating the two businesses that will make your head spin).

ps, the same agency that processes business mergers and separations also processes marriages and divorces.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Timeline
NEITHER

Not a gamble because when you gamble you are not sure of winning or losing...when you enter into marriage you are SURE at that time and place ,this is the person you want to spend the rest of your life , you are sure that you have won.

Not a business contract per se because the latter has the strictest terms and conditions that both parties must follow.

In a way marriage is a contract but in a different sense because you commit to your vows but on the other hand you also find yourself accepting and loving the other person's faults and weaknesses. It is true that it will take a lifetime to know your partner and being married is an everyday adjustment, it is about making decisions, good or bad and from that you both face the consequences together , as a team, as partners. You find yourself bending forward or backward ( now dont take this literally :)) to accomodate your partner but sometimes you also stand your ground and say NO...this is what marriage is all about.

When I married my husband, I know I have won. I am still adjusting to his ways, even after almost two years of marriage but it is a very exciting and wonderful experience. I didn't gamble on him..I was sure.

Excellent :star: ..Should i say that marriage is a win-win situation :yes:

--Rhean

Charles and Rhean

I-129F

02-xx-2008 Met online

04-01-2009 NOA 1

10-22-2009 SSN..woohooo!

AOS Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Chuck and Rhean,

I am not sure what the politically correct stance on marriage is today, but for me God has brought my fiancee Pat and I together. For me the marriage is a union between two people to become man and wife. The union in my belief should be sanctioned by God and the marriage should be serious vows to each other and to make it legal a ceremony should be performed by a justice of the peace or pastor. The vows should be for your lifetime together until death do you part.

This is my belief and Pat shares the same belief with me. Finding the right person is another topic. The right person does seem to be difficult to do. For me finding the right person I believe God has been preparing for a long time to meet Pat. One big element in the right person has many facets. It is chemistry.

This is my belief and I respect other beliefs.

Dale

4-17-2009 sent K1 Petition

5-1-2009 USCIS received petition

5-4-2009 received NOA1 notice

7-17-2009 touched

7-20-2009 NOA2 received

8-3-2009 NVC received petition

8-4-2009 NVC sent petition to Manila

9-22-2009 Medical Exam (scar on lungs) will have sputum test done

9-28-2009 K1 visa interview (canceled)

12-02-2009 call the SLMEC for sputum test report out

12-07-2009 Medical passed

12-08-2009 CFO

December 16, 2009 visa Pink Slip

December 20, 2009 entered USA

With God's blessing

Dale and Pat

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Neither1 It is a comittment between a Man and a Woman where there is love between the two, and a desire to be as a couple. Marriage is a bond that is driven by a desire to work together in a relationship. This takes honesty on both parts, as well as a desire to advance the marriage in a positive fashion.

NEITHER

Excellent :star: ..Should i say that marriage is a win-win situation :yes:

If you honestly think about it, marriage really doesnt benefit the man. The woman is the one who mostly benefits in a marriage, and the family courts have it biased in the woman's favor when the marriage fails half the time.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.