Liam and Kara

POE flight

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Guys

I am in the process of booking my flight to the USA as approved visa has come through (k1)

now my question is.....will it be a hassle if i book a RETURN flight to head over? will i get hassle at Poe?

Or am i just as well to pay the extra for the ONE WAY ticket and save any hassle?

I have spoken to a few people who say return will be fine and one way is the only way

as a return flight will red flag for whatever reason....

What do you guys suggest?

Anyone been through the POE on a return flight or was it one way?

Many thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi Guys

I am in the process of booking my flight to the USA as approved visa has come through (k1)

now my question is.....will it be a hassle if i book a RETURN flight to head over? will i get hassle at Poe?

Or am i just as well to pay the extra for the ONE WAY ticket and save any hassle?

I have spoken to a few people who say return will be fine and one way is the only way

Many thanks

If a round trip is cheaper then book that BUT you MUSt book it from your country. You cannot take "return" filght without being on the outboaund flight, they will CANCEL the ticket. Book it FROM your contry TO the USA with a return flight TO your country. Te not take the RETURN flight back and you will have no problems. If you have troube bookinga flight from your country on a US based website (like Orbitz or Travelocity) then go direct to the airline website and buy it there, it will probably save a few extra bucks also.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hi Guys

Many thanks

If a round trip is cheaper then book that BUT you MUSt book it from your country. You cannot take "return" filght without being on the outboaund flight, they will CANCEL the ticket. Book it FROM your contry TO the USA with a return flight TO your country. Te not take the RETURN flight back and you will have no problems. If you have troube bookinga flight from your country on a US based website (like Orbitz or Travelocity) then go direct to the airline website and buy it there, it will probably save a few extra bucks also.

This is 100% accurate. You will not have any problems at POE if you book a round trip vs a one way (which is usually more expensive).

Good Luck

Timeline
Hi Guys

Many thanks

This is 100% accurate. You will not have any problems at POE if you book a round trip vs a one way (which is usually more expensive).

Good Luck

thanks guys can i ask if you have been through the POE yet?

Hi Guys

Many thanks

Good Luck

thanks guys can i ask if you have been through the POE yet?

They are correct.. We've not been through POE, but I was reading a thread on VJ about this a few weeks ago. They should not give you any trouble at POE. If they questioned it, you would just tell them the ticket was cheaper this way and you don't intend to use the return flight (because you know you cannot).

Congrats on reaching the end of your K1 journey. Exciting!

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

I was able to book Corina's flight using Expedia. Her flight will be Romania-Amsterdam-Newark-Puerto Rico. The return flight will not be used. No problems at all booking it.

PEACE............

When you love someone from the bottom of your heart; so much that you are willing to give your life for your loved one, time and distance takes a backseat. Only love prevails. And with love in you hearts you can overcome anything.

January 21, 2010 - Submitted AOS

January 25, 2010 - Cory received her SSN

March 9, 2010 - Received appointment for biometrics - will be on March 18

March 18, 2010 - Biometrics done

March 19, 2010 - Touches on I-485 and I-765

March 25, 2010 - Advance Parole approved..received on April 1 in the mail

March 29, 2010 - I-485 notice date, received on April 4, 2010

May 3, 2010 - EAD approved

May 5, 2010 - Date interview....approved

event.png

Timeline
I was able to book Corina's flight using Expedia. Her flight will be Romania-Amsterdam-Newark-Puerto Rico. The return flight will not be used. No problems at all booking it.

PEACE............

no probs and thanks....booking it was never the problem it was more how it would have been when i get across there

and how immigration would look on the return flight even though am not going to be taking it.

but thanks anyway and yes very exciting now we can be a family together and begin our new life together.

this site has been and was a godsend i would urge everyone going through the process to look at this site....

everyone is so helpful through out all the process.

Timeline
my husband just arrived a month ago on a flight that has a return--it was cheaper to do it that way---no one even asked him about it at the POE...good luck!

thank you which airport did he come into?

you here so many different stories...just didnt want any hassle

when i got to the other end....thanks

No problems at all with a return ticket. It's the use of the return portion that causes the problem, not the having it.

You'll be fine. Buy whatever is cheapest for you. You won't have any issues at PoE, I can't imagine there are many people who pay 3x 4x 5x the price of a return for a one-way, so the CBP won't bat an eyelid at you.

I came through Los Angeles. The only thing they're interested in is your sealed packet and the visa in your passport. Relax and enjoy the wait being over. :)

ROC

AR11 filed: 02/05/11

I-751 filed at Vermont Service Center: 02/07/11

NOA: 02/14/11

Biometrics appt: 03/21/11

RoC Interview: Not required

RoC Approved: 08/04/2011

10 yr Green card received: 08/10/2011

Timeline
No problems at all with a return ticket. It's the use of the return portion that causes the problem, not the having it.

You'll be fine. Buy whatever is cheapest for you. You won't have any issues at PoE, I can't imagine there are many people who pay 3x 4x 5x the price of a return for a one-way, so the CBP won't bat an eyelid at you.

I came through Los Angeles. The only thing they're interested in is your sealed packet and the visa in your passport. Relax and enjoy the wait being over. :)

Thanks for your help and easing the worries, i was told by someone over there that would be better getting a one way but i will stick with a return.

still waiting on the visa being delivered....once i have it in hand i can book the flight.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.