Bralaheh

Form I-129F Questions

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I keep running into issues with my packet. I have done what most everyone has told me to do but I keep running into snags. I figured it'd be better for me to catch the snags now instead of them finding them later. Please forgive me for all of the tedious questions.

1. My fiance has a given name and a surname. her surname is two names. she signs her name using only her surname, will this be a problem? she said that she has always signed her name that way.

2. I am having issues finding out specific dates on previous addresses and employment. I have moved around a lot and before the past two years moved from job to job quite frequently. I am not sure of exact dates and planned on putting them as accurate as I could find out but also planned on submitting a supplement page explaining that these dates and address are as accurate as I can remember. Is that not a good way of wording it? Should I include it at all? I am in no way trying to lie. But if I don't know the full truth will that be the same to them? I am worried.

3. Will I have any benefit of putting a cover letter on everything? I know some people have said that they did that. If I was to have a section on my front cover letter titled Evidence of having met in person in the past two years and then had plane tickets, itinerary, hotel receipt, etc should i explain anything with those or just assume that they will see the dates and understand from that? Any suggestions from people who have done it before?

Thanks guys I really appreciate it

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You sound like me 3 weeks ago.

1. I would recommend using her full name regardless of how she writes it. If she is providing a divorce document, you could refer to that how it is written there, or refer to her birth certificate or her passport if she has one. I was sweating over how my fiancee's name was written. One letter is different in her translated divorce papers than how she writes her name. I had to tell myself not to sweat the small stuff but I'd hate to have to go to the back of the line for one letter.

2. Specific dates on previous addresses and employment. Get a credit report, this will list your previous addresses and dates. Often times, your local state employment office can help you out with date ranges of employment if this is not on your credit report.

3. Will I have any benefit of putting a cover letter on everything? I have yet to submit my I-129F, but I'm including a general cover letter, like an overview of the contents of my package. See the Example Forms link in the menu above. I have separated out my contents using the recommend ACCO clips. Nothing is stapled. One for I-129F, bios, fiancee intent letters, passport photos, birth certificate, divorce papers, and another for Supporting Documentation, including the meeting in person trip receipts, photos, etc. and the ongoing relationship documentation behind that. I have titled each section. It seems pretty self-explanatory when I flip through it. I had a few friends look at it to see if it made sense to them.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1. My fiance has a given name and a surname. her surname is two names. she signs her name using only her surname, will this be a problem? she said that she has always signed her name that way.

2. I am having issues finding out specific dates on previous addresses and employment. I have moved around a lot and before the past two years moved from job to job quite frequently. I am not sure of exact dates and planned on putting them as accurate as I could find out but also planned on submitting a supplement page explaining that these dates and address are as accurate as I can remember. Is that not a good way of wording it? Should I include it at all? I am in no way trying to lie. But if I don't know the full truth will that be the same to them? I am worried.

3. Will I have any benefit of putting a cover letter on everything? I know some people have said that they did that. If I was to have a section on my front cover letter titled Evidence of having met in person in the past two years and then had plane tickets, itinerary, hotel receipt, etc should i explain anything with those or just assume that they will see the dates and understand from that? Any suggestions from people who have done it before?

1. A signature is a signature. It is not a specific name, language, or whatever. It is the unique mark that someone puts on paper to show that yes, they in fact was the one signing it. She should sign using whatever 'mark' she normally does. In the boxes which ask for name, etc. there is where the name goes.

2. Sorry, not sure what I could say as I only lived and worked at 1 place in the last years.

3. I had 1 cover letter on the front. no RFE. It just had the list in order of what the pack was. On the actual copy of the boarding passes, etc. I wrote what they were and arrows pointing to the specific item. On the cover letter I just listed 'evidence of meeting'

Hello Brad (assuming you're the one writing here :D), don't feel odd for asking questions, no matter how 'small' or many you think they are.. this is why VJ is here and we were all new to this! Most people are very helpful so don't feel shy about asking about anything.

1. I would not be too concerned if she did not include all names in her signature. My other half did not either, he signed the way he always sign papers and we got no RFE for this. Make sure, however, she includes all names in the boxes where it asks for it on the application.

2. If I was you, I'd do as Paul here suggest and get a record of your previous addresses. I know some people put the year or aprox month they believe is true but being the organized little being I am, I would just check and make sure to be on the safe side.

3. I can only speak for myself. I had one cover letter that represented the entire package plus a cover letter for the evidence of having met within two years as well as one for the proof of ongoing relationship. The reason I had two extra cover letters was due to the fact we had a lot of various stuff there - engagement ring receipt, traveling documents, hotel receipts, purchases for gifts, dinners, ATM receipts, e-mails, photos +++ I just wanted to make sure they knew what they were looking at and this way the case worker could flip through the things, picking out whatever he or she's interested. Not sure if it made a difference or not, but we did get our approval in less than 3 months so it certainly did not hurt anything :)

Good luck with your filing, you must be thrilled! I remember how excited I was when we mailed off our package (L)

07.15.09 - Received NOA1

10.02.09 - Received NOA2 - So exciting!!

10.07.09 - Medical approved!

10.16.09 - Case left NVC

10.19.09 - Case delivered at consulate

10.21.09 - Package 3 received!

11.04.09 - Package 3 sent

11.25.09 - Interview APPROVED!

12.03.09 - Visa on hand!!

12.28.09 - POE in Seattle

02.13.10 - Our wedding day xD

12.14.12 - Mailed I-751 - Here we go again!

12.17.12 - Package delivered

12.20.12 - Received NOA 1 - dated 12.17.12

fqaVm8.png

I keep running into issues with my packet. I have done what most everyone has told me to do but I keep running into snags. I figured it'd be better for me to catch the snags now instead of them finding them later. Please forgive me for all of the tedious questions.

Like someone else has already stated, a signature is nothing more than a mark. You should include her name in all forms exactly as it appears on the passport and other official documents.

Far as the employment issue, I, too, have only worked at one place, and my fiance's employment history was limited to only a few companies as well, so I'm not entirely sure. I would say to include dates that are as accurate as possible, but leave out the form. They are likely more worried about your current employment anyhow and how it relates to the sponsorship of your fiancee. I could very well be wrong here, so perhaps someone with more knowledge can step in on that matter.

My cover letter "contents" looked exactly like this:

Contents include:

- Payment in the amount of $455.00

- I-129F

- I-129F Supplement: Part B, Question 18, explanation of meeting in person

- G-325A and passport style photo of Benjamin xxxxxxx, Petitioner

- Birth certificate/US Passport of Benjamin xxxxxxx, Petitioner

- G-325A and passport style photo of Samantha xxxxxxx, Beneficiary

- Birth certificate of Samantha xxxxxxx, Beneficiary

- Letters certifying intent to marry

- Supplement letter to evidence

- Proof of having met in person in the past two years

- Proof of ongoing relationship

The only distinction I made for evidence on the cover page was our first meeting and then all other proof that followed (ring receipts, phone/text records, emails, etc etc). I didn't feel the need to write exactly what pieces of evidence I included, but I did make an effort in highlighting dates and including post-it notes on the actual documents in those sections where I felt necessary to draw attention to.

Edited by Sam and Ben

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.