Alissa and Dilip

Hello! Being apart is awful isn't?!

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! My name is Alissa and I just signed up today. I'm very grateful this is forum exists because just starting from scratch is quite overwhelming!!! When I obtained my UK Visa, it wasn't remotely as stressful - money wise expensive but stressful - no. Our little story is as follows:

In October 2006 my sister asked if I'd like to meet people from England and hear their amazing accents. I said, uh yes of course I would! After a couple of nights of chatting online, I met Dilip. We started off chatting on messenger, then sending emails, then talking over the phone. We decided that a visit was definitely in order so in March 2007 he came to San Antonio, Texas and we hit it off perfectly. We decided to get married and we did in June 2007 after his second visit. He then came back to Texas in Sept 07 and stayed until December (visa waiver program) and I visited my in-laws throughout the month of December 07. I came back in January 08 and moved to the UK in May 08. I stayed and worked in England until August 09 and moved back home. We decided then that Texas was the better move to settle especially since we plan on having kids - I need to be with my mother while pregnant, naturally. So now, we're currently apart (which is the most horrible, difficult thing ever) and getting our paperwork together to send off the petition by next week or the week after... hopefully everything goes smoothly. I will definitely get my timelines in order once we send off our petition to help other couples as this can be quite overwhelming! :):wacko:

I wish all of you luck on your journey and hope you reunite with your loved ones ASAP (L) Its hard being apart (but bittersweet) but once you reunite at the airport and see each other's face and smile again, everything goes out the window (debt, work, stress, etc...) and you're completely, utterly and truly happy for that moment. I hope it doesn't take too long.

Thanks everyone for reading! Talk to you all soon!!! :D

Filed: Timeline

Welcome to VJ...may I ask why you moved back home first? If you had a visa in the UK, I am under the impression that you could have DCFd while you are still living there with him.

I haven't been here in a while, so perhaps I'll wait for the others to weigh in...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I agree, not sure what your living status is at the moment, but DCF is certainly a MUCH easier route??? (to clarify, DCF if Direct Cousular Filing when you are living in the country and file directly at the Consulate, there is a DCF section under Forums and I am sure they can give you a better idea)

But if you decide to file from here, welcome and browse through the guides to get a good idea of the process and what to have ready and expect!!! Good luck on your journey

Edited by christeen

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Welcome to VJ and good luck with the process!!!

Best wishes to you both!!

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Welcome to VJ!! :star: hope you will both be reunited soon! :thumbs:

ROC

06/01/2011 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

06/02/2011 - Package arrived and signed for at CSC

06/02/2011 - NOA receipt date

06/06/2011 - Check cashed

06/07/2011 - NOA arrived in the mail

06/15/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/11/2011 - Biometrics appointment

02/02/2012 - Phoned USCIS and put in a service request

02/08/2012 - Email from USCIS confirming my request

02/11/2012 - Letter from USCIS - says i should receive news within 30 days

03/14/2012 - Phoned USCIS again. 30 days has passed. no news. Took details again.

03/15/2012 -Received letter from USCIS - have to go to interview April 24th

04/24/2012 - Interview and ROC approved!!

05/07/2012 - Received email, card production ordered

05/11/2012 - Green card arrived

N-400

06/22/2012 - Mailed N-400 package to Phoenix/AZ Lockbox

06/26/2012 - NOA date

06/28/2012 - Check cashed

06/29/2012 - NOA arrived in the mail

07/02/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in mail

07/19/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/30/2012 - Received text +email. Application placed in line for interview

07/30/2012 - Received text +email in evening - interview letter sent

08/03/2012 - Received interview letter

09/19/2012 - Interview - passed interview/test!!

10/24/2012 - Oath Ceremony!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

welcome to vj , and good luck to you

mike & jemema

7-28-05 first met online

10-4-05 engaged-in phills

12-19-05 filed I-129-f

NOA1??????????

1/23/06 NOA2 RECIEVED , SNAIL MAIL

1/25/06 nvc recieve's petiton

1/27/06 forward to manila

1/29/06 manila recieved

5/18/06 medical exam

5/25/06 INTERVIEW

APPROVED......................

5/26/06 Visa in Hand

6/5/06 Back to the States Together

6/13/06 Applied for SSN

6/26/06 recieved ssn

7/28/06 Wedding planned

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi first off, welcome to vj

This should be a slam dunk case. File CR-1. When he gets his visa approved and arrives here in America, he should have his 10 yr green card right away. You been married more then 2 yrs so this should go very smoothly :)

Good Luck

Yogi