al-Hubb jameel

Interview Today in Amman

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi. First let me say I'm sorry if this comes out jumbled, I have not slept for over 24 hours!!!

Today we had our interview in Amman for K-1 Fiance Visa. I was there with him and we were told that everything is good, they believe our relationship is real, and all of our papers and support are good..... BUT...we have to have our case sent back to Washington DC for administrative processing. So we had to go to another window and they wanted the name of all his brothers and sisters and the year of their birth, and his employment record for last 5 years. I asked the girl if these were the same questions she asked everyone for AP, and she said yes, this is normal. While we were standing there, 2 more people got sent to her window for AP. They gave us a website to check the status of our AP and once it says approved we have to send his passport back to the embassy for the visa via Aramax.

So my question is, has this happened to anyone else in Jordan? (or MENA) and if so, how long did it take? They said it takes an average of 5 months. :crying: but that it could take as little as 2 weeks. What has your experience been with is?

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

November 15-Embassy asked for his passport!!!!!!!!!!! yahooooooooooo!!!

December 3- VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you God!!!!!! Good luck to everyone!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Im so sorry to hear that you guys are stuck in AP limbo.

I wish Jackie was here, she is the most recent one I can think of that was in AP out of Amman. They were stuck for quite a while(4+ months?).

A friend of mine was stuck for over a year, but supposedly they cleared most of the old cases out late last year and early this year.

check the website they gave you(Amman is one of the few that allows you to check online for AP status) and try to stay positive in hopes that your wait will be short. (F)

No one has any definitive idea why some people get stuck in AP while others dont. I theorized that people who have really short timelines at USCIS get pulled for the security checks post interview, but thats not always the case either. I dont know :unsure:

Maybe the few people who have been in AP in Amman will come along to share their experience.

Good Luck and keep us posted (F) (F)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

AP is quite normal. That being said, it also SUCKS! The waiting is the worst. It sounds like you guys are good to go after that though, so try to be as patient as possible and we're always here to listen to you vent!

Timeline

Thank you so much!! You guys have made us feel much better. I am so glad I was at the interview with him so that I could ask all my questions. I think I asked them more questions than they asked us LOL. They were so nice and kept telling us AP is normal, but still........ The important thing is that we are here in Jordan together right now so I will enjoy the rest of my trip and then go home and wait. You better believe I will be here to vent and it's good to know I have listening ears. :) I hope more people will chime in with their AP experiences. We are so grateful that everything else went well and that they told us we were approved from their side. (And I asked them like 5 times to confirm it). I will fill in my time line and my embassy experience soon.

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Thank you so much!! You guys have made us feel much better. I am so glad I was at the interview with him so that I could ask all my questions. I think I asked them more questions than they asked us LOL. They were so nice and kept telling us AP is normal, but still........ The important thing is that we are here in Jordan together right now so I will enjoy the rest of my trip and then go home and wait. You better believe I will be here to vent and it's good to know I have listening ears. :) I hope more people will chime in with their AP experiences. We are so grateful that everything else went well and that they told us we were approved from their side. (And I asked them like 5 times to confirm it). I will fill in my time line and my embassy experience soon.

I'em really sorry to hear about the AP. I hope it is quick !! Why would they want his siblings names and birth dates? Also wouldn't his employent history of been on the DS-230 form?

For now enjoy your time with him being together right now is the most important thing.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hi. First let me say I'm sorry if this comes out jumbled, I have not slept for over 24 hours!!!

Today we had our interview in Amman for K-1 Fiance Visa. I was there with him and we were told that everything is good, they believe our relationship is real, and all of our papers and support are good..... BUT...we have to have our case sent back to Washington DC for administrative processing. So we had to go to another window and they wanted the name of all his brothers and sisters and the year of their birth, and his employment record for last 5 years. I asked the girl if these were the same questions she asked everyone for AP, and she said yes, this is normal. While we were standing there, 2 more people got sent to her window for AP. They gave us a website to check the status of our AP and once it says approved we have to send his passport back to the embassy for the visa via Aramax.

So my question is, has this happened to anyone else in Jordan? (or MENA) and if so, how long did it take? They said it takes an average of 5 months. :crying: but that it could take as little as 2 weeks. What has your experience been with is?

That's kind of cool that you get to check your status online! Consider yourself lucky in that respect if nothing else helps the mood ;) Out of Cairo you're basically in a dismal hell with either bad info or none at all while in AP. AP is extremely normal for men going through Cairo so I would think it's not that uncommon for men going through Jordan.

Basically I would say just enjoy your time together and do all kinds of stuff to make yourself feel better when you're at home. Do things to get ready while you're waiting like making room in the closet, etc. That, movies, playing games online, hanging out here is all I basically did to pass the time. Good luck!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

I'em really sorry to hear about the AP. I hope it is quick !! Why would they want his siblings names and birth dates? Also wouldn't his employent history of been on the DS-230 form?

For now enjoy your time with him being together right now is the most important thing.

Thank you so much. Yes, his work history was on the DS-230 form. And that along with parents names are standard questions they ask for AP. Not sure why, I was confused and asked and she said those are the same questions they ask everyone. I did some research when we returned and also saw that someone in Paki. got asked the same questions for AP. My habibi has 11 brothers and 2 sisters. We really had to think about the year of birth for everyone!!! I asked her if we got something wrong would it be a problem, and she said no, as long as it was withon a year or 2. When we got home we showed MOM the list that we had made and sure enough, we got some wrong.

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Timeline

That's kind of cool that you get to check your status online! Consider yourself lucky in that respect if nothing else helps the mood ;) Out of Cairo you're basically in a dismal hell with either bad info or none at all while in AP. AP is extremely normal for men going through Cairo so I would think it's not that uncommon for men going through Jordan.

Basically I would say just enjoy your time together and do all kinds of stuff to make yourself feel better when you're at home. Do things to get ready while you're waiting like making room in the closet, etc. That, movies, playing games online, hanging out here is all I basically did to pass the time. Good luck!

This is great advice, thank you so much. And yes, I have been told how lucky we are that we can check online. It is already posted on the website when we put in his passport number that it is pending. I didn't think it would show till next week.

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Thank you so much. Yes, his work history was on the DS-230 form. And that along with parents names are standard questions they ask for AP. Not sure why, I was confused and asked and she said those are the same questions they ask everyone. I did some research when we returned and also saw that someone in Paki. got asked the same questions for AP. My habibi has 11 brothers and 2 sisters. We really had to think about the year of birth for everyone!!! I asked her if we got something wrong would it be a problem, and she said no, as long as it was withon a year or 2. When we got home we showed MOM the list that we had made and sure enough, we got some wrong.

Thank you for explaining that to me. I know you have loads on your mind.

My husband has 5 brothers and 2 sisters. Im sorry this has happened to you, you have enough on your mind. AP after interview is what scares me the most.

But for now Sweets, Treasure the time your there with him THAT is what counts now. It will all work out for both of you's.

Hugs,

Beth

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
That's kind of cool that you get to check your status online! Consider yourself lucky in that respect if nothing else helps the mood wink.gif Out of Cairo you're basically in a dismal hell with either bad info or none at all while in AP. AP is extremely normal for men going through Cairo so I would think it's not that uncommon for men going through Jordan.

Exactly what Doodle said.

May G-d give you the strength and the courage to get through this difficult time.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

From my understanding when Hasan was asked those same questions but it was after the interview the contacted him by letter for that information. It was because so many people have simular names and even family members have their names spelled different when they get their passports that when they are doing the name checks they have to make sure they are getting the correct ones. Then then use the employment to verify the locations. That was what I was told.

I pray for you that your AP is short and that your trip is a wonderful one.

Jul 20, 2006 Arrived in Amman, Jordan

Jul 24, 2006 Married in Amman, Jordan

Oct 11, 2006 I130 Approval Oct. 26, 2006 I129F Approval

Nov. 8, 2006 Recieved letter that I-129 was sent to Amman, Jordan

Dec 13, 2006 Recieved Package from Amman Embassy for K3 Intreview date Aug. 15,2007

Mar 05,2007 Embassy called interview scheduled for March 19th

Mar 19, 2007 Interview for K3- AP

May 20, 2007 Embassy called for Hasan to send in his passport!!!

May 24, 2007 Recieved Interview date of June 5th for CR1?

June 05, 2007 Interviewed and she said he was approved, kept passport and said will recieve in 4 days.

June 12, 2007 VISA IN HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 21, 2007 Hasan arrived in the USA and so very happy!

June 26, 2007 Applied for SSN

July 06, 2007 SSN in hand

July 25, 2007 Green Card in Hand!

Aug 13, 2007 Behind the wheel test, Passed. Now has California DL

I-751

Mar 26, 2009 Sent in I-751

Mar 28, 2009 Proof received

April 1, 2009 check cashed

April 3, 2009 NOA Received

April 16,2009 received bio appt letter

April 24, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

June 6, 2009 Removal of Conditions Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2009 10 Year Green Card in hand!

Timeline

Thank you again everyone for your support and your insight. It makes us feel so much better. I guess we got lucky to fill out the AP papers at the embassy because it seems like most people are sent those papers to fill out and send back, so maybe this will save us a little bit of time as well. They were so nice there, and kept telling us DON'T LEAVE untill everything is done, despite our frustration at not being able to remember everyone's year of birth at that moment. I am going to write and email to the embassy and thank them for their excellent customer service.

We are enjoying our time together so much. It is such a wonderful thing to be so in love and to be able to touch and hold each other after months apart, as I am sure you can all relate. Everything good is worth waiting for, and it is all in God's hands. Thank you again, my new friends. :)

Feb. 23, 2009 NOA1

Lucky 7/13 - NAO2

October 8-Interview -AP

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.