kike

Transit Visas

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If my fiancee is comming tofrom kiev with a fiancee visa and her ultimate destination is Miami, FL but her intinerary includes a stop in zurich, is she required to have a swiss transit visa. I want to avoid having her go to JFK. My only options to make her go by Zurich (swiss airlines) or Madrid (Spain - Iberia). Thanks in advance

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
If my fiancee is comming tofrom kiev with a fiancee visa and her ultimate destination is Miami, FL but her intinerary includes a stop in zurich, is she required to have a swiss transit visa. I want to avoid having her go to JFK. My only options to make her go by Zurich (swiss airlines) or Madrid (Spain - Iberia). Thanks in advance

No. As long as she stays in the secured areas of the airport she is fine. They have secure passageways to her connecting flights. Most of the European airports have some very nice facilities within the secured areas of the airports.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Yep.. I don't know specifically about Zurich but I've never been to a European airport where you had to leave the secure area to get to a connecting flight out of the country/visa-free zone.

I've always wondered why we don't have immigration checkpoints on exit in the US. I've seen transit areas before immigration in US airports coming home but never seen anyone in them. Does no one connect in the US on the way to somewhere else?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank-You so much Gary. The reason i asked is because unlike american airports in France and zurich they have a security agent once you exist the plane. In fact the agent is nest to the plane before you even get to the terminal they check your passport. I had a frien that went from colombia to kiev and she had to stop in paris for 2 hours. They told her the day of the flight that france require a transit visa for some countries.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Thank-You so much Gary. The reason i asked is because unlike american airports in France and zurich they have a security agent once you exist the plane. In fact the agent is nest to the plane before you even get to the terminal they check your passport. I had a frien that went from colombia to kiev and she had to stop in paris for 2 hours. They told her the day of the flight that france require a transit visa for some countries.

Paris has transfer areas that do not require a visa or even a passport stamp. They DO look at your passport and plane flight information and put a little sticker on the back of your passport. This is an identity and security check, not "passport control" so to speak. The back of my passport is covered with these from transferring in European airports, even though we do not need a visa in France and other countries, if I do not have time between flights I don't bother to leave the secure area. Paris has been under construction and the last time I was through there I had to leave the secure area and take a bus to another terminal. It may have been a temporary thing because of the construction, I don't know. Normally it is not necessary. I have also transferred filights in Mosocw and did not need anything to go from one flight to another where US citizens definitely need a visa to leave the airport. She should be fine.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.