Josephs

Update

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Well I posted after my fiancees interview. She got blue but only because she didn't pass her medical. The doctors after her medical thought they saw TB on her Xrays. she had a TB test done and we were waiting for the results. 2 months and 10 days after her test, Phi got a call from her doctor. They said she was healthy and no TB was in her system. tomorrow she is going to pick up her medical papers and then go to the consulate to pick up her Visa. after that she will come i think in November. I have waited this long so the wait doesn't bother me. The reason for the wait is some1 i know will be in VN in late Oct and then she will try to fly home with her. but I thought i would update everyone and let you all know what happened. next is to decide if we want wedding or just court and then later have a real wedding. like in a few years after we saved up some money. and the AOS stuff fun fun fun, I love paper work, still i am happy none the less :dance: :dance:

LOVESIG3.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

YAY for you I am so glad for you! I say wait for the big wedding she deserves a great one!

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Timeline
WOOHOO! Double congrats on the visa, and also on no TB! :thumbs:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Joseph, that is great news!!! :dance::dance:

Just want to be sure that you and Phi don't get too far ahead of yourselves (unless you have received specific instaructions from the consulate).

Has she actually spoken to anyone at the consulate? I'm not sure how she can pick up the medical papers and take them to the consulate and "pick up her visa." I would expect that the papers would need to be reviewed by the CO along with your case and then a pink slip issued. Then another wait of 1-10 days (depending on workload) before her visa/passport would be ready to be picked up.

Best of luck to you both.

Timeline

Just want to be sure that you and Phi don't get too far ahead of yourselves (unless you have received specific instaructions from the consulate).

Has she actually spoken to anyone at the consulate? I'm not sure how she can pick up the medical papers and take them to the consulate and "pick up her visa." I would expect that the papers would need to be reviewed by the CO along with your case and then a pink slip issued. Then another wait of 1-10 days (depending on workload) before her visa/passport would be ready to be picked up.

Well your right. But the blue paper only requested the medical papers. Ngay mai she will oops, tomorrow she will go there and submit the papers. But I think that if that was all they requests then the rest of our case should be fine. Sure we will wait a few days. But we have the paper they requested. They already interviewed her and she passed that with flying colors. So I think a little wait is ok but I didn't plan on her coming here until november.

LOVESIG3.jpg

Well your right. But the blue paper only requested the medical papers. Ngay mai she will oops, tomorrow she will go there and submit the papers. But I think that if that was all they requests then the rest of our case should be fine. Sure we will wait a few days. But we have the paper they requested. They already interviewed her and she passed that with flying colors. So I think a little wait is ok but I didn't plan on her coming here until november.

Agree and do not want to rain on your parade. Only trying to temper the enthusiasm a touch. You only have pink when she has a pink piece of paper in her hand walking out the door of the consulate and they have her passport into which they will insert a visa. Bear in mind that others have had a blue slip asking for a timeline. Timeline delivered and they were told to wait.

Not saying that I think you are bound for that but only the CO knows what he or she saw in your case and only he or she can approve her application for a visa. Think PINK and she will be here in the US in a matter of weeks!

Well I posted after my fiancees interview. She got blue but only because she didn't pass her medical. The doctors after her medical thought they saw TB on her Xrays. she had a TB test done and we were waiting for the results. 2 months and 10 days after her test, Phi got a call from her doctor. They said she was healthy and no TB was in her system. tomorrow she is going to pick up her medical papers and then go to the consulate to pick up her Visa. after that she will come i think in November. I have waited this long so the wait doesn't bother me. The reason for the wait is some1 i know will be in VN in late Oct and then she will try to fly home with her. but I thought i would update everyone and let you all know what happened. next is to decide if we want wedding or just court and then later have a real wedding. like in a few years after we saved up some money. and the AOS stuff fun fun fun, I love paper work, still i am happy none the less :dance: :dance:

dont get too excited, your finace submit missing doc so they require all doc before made decision.

prepare to take a blue tomorrow.

GL

CR1 timeline:

11/2008: submit I130

11/15/2008: case sent to CSC

06/02/2009: uscis approval

08/05/2009: interview-get blue slip request timeline

08/25/2009: submit timeline - get denial blue slip

Không có gì quý hơn độc lập tự do."

Tôi biết nó, thằng nói câu nói đó

Tôi biết nó, đồng bào miền Bắc này biết nó

Việc nó làm, tội nó phạm ra sao

Nó đầu tiên đem râu nó bện vào

Hình xác lão Mao lông lá

Bàn tay Nga đầy băng tuyết giá

Cũng nhoài qua lục địa Trung Hoa

Không phải xoa đầu mà túm tóc nó từ xa

Nó đứng không yên, tất bật, điên đầu

Lúc rụi vào Tàu, lúc rúc vào Nga

Nó gọi Tàu Nga là cha anh nó Và tình nguyện làm con chó nhỏ

Xông xáo giữ nhà gác ngõ cho cha anh

Timeline

Agree and do not want to rain on your parade. Only trying to temper the enthusiasm a touch. You only have pink when she has a pink piece of paper in her hand walking out the door of the consulate and they have her passport into which they will insert a visa. Bear in mind that others have had a blue slip asking for a timeline. Timeline delivered and they were told to wait.

Not saying that I think you are bound for that but only the CO knows what he or she saw in your case and only he or she can approve her application for a visa. Think PINK and she will be here in the US in a matter of weeks!

but i think timeline and medical exam are two totally different things. Timeline would be considered proff of relationship but Medical is just heath concern. but i do agree with you that its not 100% atm. but i will know in 24hours, then i will post what happened when she went to the us consulate with her medical papers.

atm im thinking pink.

LOVESIG3.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Great news! I hope that there is a pink sheet in her hand soon!

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Congrats Joseph.... The hard part is over....

AOS is a piece of cake, and Removal of conditions down the road appears to be even easier.

Enjoy your time in Vietnam. Have a great trip.

Filed Removal of Conditions: 11/05/10

Rec'd NOA1: 11/08/10

Biometrics: 12/22/10

10 YR Greencard: 03/03/11 APPROVED

10 YR Greencard Rec'd: 03/08/11 RECEIVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.