ingiogbecca

evidence for the interview

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iceland
Timeline

Hello I´m new here but my fiancee has been around for a while though (She has filled out our timeline so I will not be doing that, read somewhere that if both did it would be a bad thing for the site). Since our NOA2 has been approved the time of the interview is closing in. According to how long things take NVC and how long I can expect it to take to be appointed an interview at the Reykjavík Embassy it should happen in late August or early September.

Truth be told the last thing on our mind when we have been together is to gather evidence of our relationship

and we only have two pictures of us together, I shot one myself and she shot the other one. I have not saved any boarding passes but I have a passport that has stamps for my three visits there last winter. So does she for her visits to me and she´s coming here with her kids for a visit in three weeks from now so i guess that´s a good time to create some evidence.

I have saved all letters from her in their original envelopes for some reason the latest being mailed last week. Should I make copies to give at the interviews or will they want the originals? I guess in the case of the envelopes no copies are going to be able to show dates of the post stamps.

This evidence thing just freaks me out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Take both originals and copies (if readable) to the interview. The consular office has the right to ask for originals of all documents used for evidence (although they rarely do). Take alot of pictures on her next visit, especially showing you, her and kids together. Take stacks of emails, letters and anything else that remotely shows that you two have been in contact the whole time. Copies of both your passports also are good showing stamps. where did you get your airline tickets. Many times you can go online or call the airlines and they will email you your old flight information. I use expedia and can down load that from over a year ago if I need to.

June 05 Lisa and I fall in love

15 Mar 06 I-129F received at CSC NOA1

5 Aug 06 NOA2 after 143 days in CSC purgatory

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

16 Feb 07 Denial Letter received

12 Mar 07 Motion to reconsider submitted

10 Sep 07 Motion to Reconsider denied

9 May 08 Lisa and Married in United Kingdom

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

May 7 09 Lisa's Interview I 601 filed

29 Jul 09 I-601 waiver approved

18 Aug 09 Passport to London Embassy

20 Aug 09 Tickets purchased for 10 Sep 09

WE HAVE FINALLY WON, OUR LONG AND HARD JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
I have saved all letters from her in their original envelopes for some reason the latest being mailed last week. Should I make copies to give at the interviews or will they want the originals? I guess in the case of the envelopes no copies are going to be able to show dates of the post stamps.

It is easy to make a copy. Just copy the envelope in color. It should show the postmark very easy. Then copy the letter, and put them together. If the letter is short, you can even do it on the same page. She can give the copy at the interview, but you must also have the original available at the same time. The IO has the right to see originals of any copy presented for evidence.

If they should keep the copies, then you will still have the originals to save for your scrapbook.

August-December 2004---------Together my baby.

June 2005-----------Together again.

November 2005-----Together again.

March 2006---------Together again.

July 2006------------Together again.

October-November 2006-------Together again.

April 28, 2006--------NOA1.

May 2006-------------IMBRA.

May 27, 2006--------Touched.

June 1, 2006---------Touched.

June 2, 2006---------Touched.

June 3, 2006---------Touched.

June 14, 2006-------Touched.

June 15, 2006-------Touched.

June 16, 2006-------Touched.

June 17, 2006-------Touched.

July 3, 2006---------Touched.

July 4, 2006---------Touched.

July 5, 2006---------Touched.

July 18, 2006--------Touched.

July 22, 2006--------Received IMBRA RFE.

July 24, 2006--------RFE returned Next Day Air to CSC.

July 25, 2006--------CSC receives RFE.

August 1, 2006------Touched 3 times.

August 1, 2006------Preliminary processing completed email.

August 2, 2006------Touched.

August 3, 2006------Touched.

August 7, 2006------Touched.

September 7, 2006---Touched.

September 7, 2006---Approved.

September 8, 2006---Touched.

September 11, 2006--Receive NOA2.

October 12, 2006-----Left NVC.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
Hello I´m new here but my fiancee has been around for a while though (She has filled out our timeline so I will not be doing that, read somewhere that if both did it would be a bad thing for the site). Since our NOA2 has been approved the time of the interview is closing in. According to how long things take NVC and how long I can expect it to take to be appointed an interview at the Reykjavík Embassy it should happen in late August or early September.

Truth be told the last thing on our mind when we have been together is to gather evidence of our relationship

and we only have two pictures of us together, I shot one myself and she shot the other one. I have not saved any boarding passes but I have a passport that has stamps for my three visits there last winter. So does she for her visits to me and she´s coming here with her kids for a visit in three weeks from now so i guess that´s a good time to create some evidence.

This evidence thing just freaks me out.

Jan Erik and I had the same relization when we started gathering evidence. We lived together in the US for 4 years before we started this process (he was on a student visa), and hadn't even thought about it at all. He also realized recently that the year is never printed on boarding passes, so they aren't such good proof, anyway.

Don't forget long distance phone records, if you use a phone or a calling card that keeps a record. I use Pennytalk (www.pennytalk.com) -- you might want to think about switching to a card like this one if you're just starting to gather evidence. I printed a record of my calls each time I printed my cell bill and attached the two together.

Do you have any friends that could provide affadavits that your relationship is genuine? Some friends going through some sort of spousal greencard process (forget what the actual visa mechanism is called) needed those as evidence.

Using color photocopies of the envelopes sounds like a good idea. I had trouble photocopying my original envelopes, most of which were also sent from Reykjavik. The cancellation stamps were really blurry, and Icelandic stamps in 2000 were rather dark in color (don't know if this will still be a problem?). I didn't send in envelope copies for these reasons, and we had no problems with our evidence at any stage of the process.

However, keep in mind that since we'd been living together in the same city for years, we did have multiple photos with recognizeable landmarks, at different times of the year, and my hair is different in all of them (e.g., demonstrating that significant time had passed). We were more panicked about not having any photos of us showing affection. We're just not all that into PDA... maybe if your photos show you being affectionate it will help?

Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iceland
Timeline

Thank you guys for your replies. I also have emails since March last year and a friend of mine who we visited last time she came here to Iceland is going to write a letter for me saying she did and brought nice clothes she knitted herself for his newborn baby. We´ll be going to a wedding the day she arrives on her next visit so I suppose that´s where to take picture

Thanks again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.