Hugglebuggles

Considering Purchasing a Mazda

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Mini Coopers haven't been rated the best thing considering they are a BMW.

Granted, BMW is no Audi, but still great cars. Are the Mini's bad? I've read far too many fanboy reviews to get an objective one online :X

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Mini Coopers haven't been rated the best thing considering they are a BMW.

Granted, BMW is no Audi, but still great cars. Are the Mini's bad? I've read far too many fanboy reviews to get an objective one online :X

If I'm remembering correctly, they got a subpar rating in Consumer Ratings and they are higher on the list for being brought into the dealership for repairs.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I want a mini SO bad. Y ou should definitely buy one for your wife....

And then drive it to Jersey....

And then to my house....

So I can drive it....

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I want a mini SO bad. Y ou should definitely buy one for your wife....

And then drive it to Jersey....

And then to my house....

So I can drive it....

I think I need to get my wife a bumper car :rofl:

I keep telling her that I'm going to get her a raised up truck with monster tires on it. She doesn't seem to like that idea, I don't know why. :lol:

Timeline
I also think the Nissan Versa is cute, but everyone around here makes fun of them... Maybe because of the price?

We have a 2008 Nissan Versa, which I love because it was my first car, and a 2006 Honda CRV.

I'd pick my versa any day over my CRV. The CRV is too bulky and it's too big for 4 Cyl.

Also, the price on my versa with tax was over 15K so if someone is making fun of the price, I'd question their IQ. I mean, who cares what a car cost someone? My 22 year old brother bought a 2008, fully loaded Yukon with 22"s. It's a drug dealers car. Its a 50K car...my brother only bought it because the bank was stupid enough to loan him the money...he certainly can't afford to pay the $900 payments a month and the 6,000.00 a year insurance which my parents are now in charge of.

Again, I think you look for what you are comfortable with and what you can afford. $20,000 is a lot of money. Our CRV was 18K and our payments are $350.00/month on it. It doesn't seem like a lot but once you guys move out of your inlaws and you are paying a mortgage somewhere, it's going to seem like A LOT.

Also, are you financing the car or is your husband. I couldn't finance the versa and I had been in the US almost a year at that point. They told me I had no credit history and so they wouldn't loan the money to me so tech., I don't own it. I own the CRV though as we just got that in Feb.

You're right, I totally agree. I don't make fun of the car because of the price, no way, but around here there is a stigma around Nissan's. I think its because I'm stuck in expensive Denver Suburbia where standards are a little different... People have expensive houses and expensive cars, and are very quick to show them off to you. I've already decided that I wouldn't be willing to spend over 20k. I'm actually leaning towards buying something a couple years old to save some money. My husband's car was 28k when he bought in back in 2004 and now that he just finished paying it off, the car is selling on used car lots for 8-9k, which is just ridiculous. If he was to sell it, he would lose a lot of money. I haven't really decided what I want to do yet. I would like to be able to have a car in my name, financed to myself, but if it comes time where I feel like I can comfortably afford what I want and credit history is holding me back, I will probably have him finance the car under his name. I don't really know what I can afford right now, so waiting a few months in the least seems like the best idea. In the meantime I've decided the husband can lend his car to me, and he can drive his moms! :P

I also think the Nissan Versa is cute, but everyone around here makes fun of them... Maybe because of the price?

I just bought a Nissan Rogue after 20 years of Honda ownership (over the years we have had a 2 door Civic, 4 door Civic, 4 door Accord, Odyssey, Pilot and a year with their briefly produced wagon!) Anyway I was alternating between a CRV and the Nissan Rogue. I decided on the Rogue because my husband already has an Altima, we knew the dealer and were able to negotiate a good price. The Honda dealer was not really interested in us, the CRVs were flying off the lot so I figured there was not much room for negotiation. I also found the interior of the Rogue much nicer than the CRV which really surprised me because I am a big Honda fan.

I love the Rogue. I drove it back to Canada recently (BTW Huggles nothing has changed in Welland :D ) The ride was extremely comfortable, handling good and gas mileage excellent. So far I am sold on Nissan! Only slight negative is the smallish rear hatch window. It takes a bit of getting used to but but so far no other issues.

I think the Versa is cute too!

That's not surprising at all!! :lol: Thanks for the report, I miss it in a weird way...

Timeline
You're right, I totally agree. I don't make fun of the car because of the price, no way, but around here there is a stigma around Nissan's. I think its because I'm stuck in expensive Denver Suburbia where standards are a little different... People have expensive houses and expensive cars, and are very quick to show them off to you. I've already decided that I wouldn't be willing to spend over 20k. I'm actually leaning towards buying something a couple years old to save some money. My husband's car was 28k when he bought in back in 2004 and now that he just finished paying it off, the car is selling on used car lots for 8-9k, which is just ridiculous. If he was to sell it, he would lose a lot of money. I haven't really decided what I want to do yet. I would like to be able to have a car in my name, financed to myself, but if it comes time where I feel like I can comfortably afford what I want and credit history is holding me back, I will probably have him finance the car under his name. I don't really know what I can afford right now, so waiting a few months in the least seems like the best idea. In the meantime I've decided the husband can lend his car to me, and he can drive his moms! :P

:lol: Yah! Make him give you his car! You deserve it.

It's weird there is a stigma in Denver about Nissan, when I live in probably the second most (behind cali) state to live in the US. People in Jersey keep it real and it's actually something I do like about the state..(oh shite, did I just say I like SOMETHING about NJ?) haha People who are millionaires will still drive nissans...no one cares. People in Denver need to take out the stick! The real $$$ is here on the East Coast.

Wait a little and see what you can find. I'm mad at myself for buying the CR-V. I should have waited to get a better deal on something else.

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline
That's not surprising at all!! :lol: Thanks for the report, I miss it in a weird way...

Heading back this weekend for a quick trip. If anything has changed I'll be sure to let you knpw. :lol: I may be one of the odd ones but I always liked living in Welland. It's nice to go back and see my boys but it's also nice to be travelling with my husband instead of one of us coming or going.

It's weird there is a stigma in Denver about Nissan, when I live in probably the second most (behind cali) state to live in the US. People in Jersey keep it real and it's actually something I do like about the state..(oh shite, did I just say I like SOMETHING about NJ?) haha People who are millionaires will still drive nissans...no one cares. People in Denver need to take out the stick! The real $$$ is here on the East Coast.

Wait a little and see what you can find. I'm mad at myself for buying the CR-V. I should have waited to get a better deal on something else.

Didn't think I'd see the day. :rofl::rofl:

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

It's happened!!!

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ford no longer has an interest in Mazda. They used to own 40% but no more. I see a lot of little Ford cars at the auto auctions where dealers dump what they don't want to or cant sell. I have a Mazda 6 as my little car and I like it. I didn't like the display on the Mazda 3.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.