Hugglebuggles

Considering Purchasing a Mazda

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Now that the question is answered and I won't be hijacking the thread... How do you guys like your Mazda's? I'm considering purchasing a Mazda 3 in the next few months. They are super cute! :D

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Now that the question is answered and I won't be hijacking the thread... How do you guys like your Mazda's? I'm considering purchasing a Mazda 3 in the next few months. They are super cute! :D

I have a mazda protege...they are ok but not as good as honda or toyota ...

I-130 Journey

04-18-09 - I-130 sent USPS Priority to Chicago Lockbox

04-24-09 - I-130 received by USCS and the first touch

04-27-09 - I-130 NOA1 (California Service Center)

04-27-09 - Check Cashed

08-13-09 - I-130 Received NOA2 e-mail

08-17-09 - I-130 Received NOA2 Hardcopy (I-797)

NVC Journey

08-17-09 - NVC Received/Case number assigned

09-08-09 - NVC sent the first mail to the petitioner

09-08-09 - DS-3032 / AOS Bill Generated

09-08-09 - E-mailed DS-3032

09-09-09 - Mailed DS-3032

09-09-09 - Pay AOS Bill (Online)

09-10-09 - AOS Bill Show as PAID

09-10-09 - IV Bill Generated

09-11-09 - Paid IV Bill

09-11-09 - NVC accepted DS-3032(received an e-mail)

09-12-09 - Mailed I-864 Package

09-14-09 - IV Bill Show as PAID

09-15-09 - I-864 received at NVC

09-16-09 - Mailed IV Package(DS-230)

09-17-09 - DS-230 package delivered to NVC(confirmed via fed-ex)

09-21-09 - NVC received the DS-230

09-23-09 - NVC sent an e-mail asking for DS-230 package

09-24-09 - NVC confirmed that the DS-230 package received

09-26-09 - Login Failed!!!

09-28-09 - Case Completed at NVC --------------------------------------------------NVC stage is completed in 38 days

01-27-10 - Medical

02-05-10 - Interview Date

04-14-10 - POE

Done with USCIS until Apr 14,2012 (Removal of Conditions)

Timeline

I have a Mazda 3 too, LOVES IT!! It's so cute, runs super well, and I have nothing bad to say about it! Mine is an 05, I already have 130,000 KMS on it, such a great vehicle. Highly recommend!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Just remember that once outside Canada, it's pronounced (Mahz-da) :P

I looked at the mazda 3 and 6 when I was shopping for a car 2 years ago. I didn't like the 3. For the money you are paying, you don't get very much performance out of it. Now the Mazda 6 was another story. That was a really nice car, great performance, and the interior was great. My mother in law has one (sport package) and it's a great car. My sister has a mazda RX-8 and that's a good car. In the end, I went with an Audi, I like it a lot. I think i'll end up getting a Subaru WRX Impreza next though :lol:

Timeline

:lol: we argue about that all the time!

I want a Mazda 3 because I really just want a small car. I had a Sunfire back in Canada and I loved driving it... on the other hand, my husband has a full size Pontiac Grand Prix, its a nice car, but it feels too big. Its not as fun to whip around corners and throw into small parking spaces. I want something small but a sedan with 4 doors. My 2 door sunfire got really annoying when I was lugging around people (especially my grandparents, ugh) The 6 is a little bigger then what I want. I'm also considering a Ford Focus, but performance wise, I hear the 3 blows it out of the water, and price wise they are very comparable. At any rate, I want to wait until I can actually buy it myself. My car, my name! :P

Timeline

I want a Mazda 3 because I really just want a small car. I had a Sunfire back in Canada and I loved driving it... on the other hand, my husband has a full size Pontiac Grand Prix, its a nice car, but it feels too big. Its not as fun to whip around corners and throw into small parking spaces. I want something small but a sedan with 4 doors. My 2 door sunfire got really annoying when I was lugging around people (especially my grandparents, ugh) The 6 is a little bigger then what I want. I'm also considering a Ford Focus, but performance wise, I hear the 3 blows it out of the water, and price wise they are very comparable. At any rate, I want to wait until I can actually buy it myself. My car, my name! :P

Yeah the 3 is nice and small, yet roomy! Large trunk and backseats, I just love it. The 6 is too expensive and big, I mean you probably don't need that much room in a car. And I think the performance is excellent, it's not like I'm street racing

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

I want a Mazda 3 because I really just want a small car. I had a Sunfire back in Canada and I loved driving it... on the other hand, my husband has a full size Pontiac Grand Prix, its a nice car, but it feels too big. Its not as fun to whip around corners and throw into small parking spaces. I want something small but a sedan with 4 doors. My 2 door sunfire got really annoying when I was lugging around people (especially my grandparents, ugh) The 6 is a little bigger then what I want. I'm also considering a Ford Focus, but performance wise, I hear the 3 blows it out of the water, and price wise they are very comparable . At any rate, I want to wait until I can actually buy it myself. My car, my name! :P

Not really. If you can get a Ford Focus SVT model, it will blow even the 6 series sport model out of the water. If you are looking for something smaller yet roomy with 4 doors and some performance, you might want to take a look at subaru.

Timeline

My husbands family is in the automotive industry, so I've had a lot of exposure with different kinds of vehicles. I know what I like and what I don't like... And I don't really like Subaru's. I always associate Subaru with ugly hatchback (ie. the Outback). I know they have some economical Sedan's, like the Impreza, but It doesn't do a whole lot for me. I do like the focus, but not so much the SVT. Isn't that the hatchback version? I really don't want a hatchback, they aren't appealing to me. Unless you're thinking of the SES, which is the super sexy version of the focus. Honestly, right now Ford is the only domestic car manufacturer I would even consider buying from. The key word being consider. I much prefer the look of the Mazda, and everyone I've talked to loves it.

Edited by Hugglebuggles

Timeline
My husbands family is in the automotive industry, so I've had a lot of exposure with different kinds of vehicles. I know what I like and what I don't like... And I don't really like Subaru's. I always associate Subaru with ugly hatchback (ie. the Outback). I know they have some economical Sedan's, like the Impreza, but It doesn't do a whole lot for me. I do like the focus, but not so much the SVT. Isn't that the hatchback version? I really don't want a hatchback, they aren't appealing to me. Unless you're thinking of the SES, which is the super sexy version of the focus. Honestly, right now Ford is the only domestic car manufacturer I would even consider buying from. The key word being consider. I much prefer the look of the Mazda, and everyone I've talked to loves it.

:lol: Too funny, same here! That's what I always picture when I think of Subarus

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

LoL, the Impreza is far from economical, It's a beast. The SVT is the limited edition rally race inspired model, but yeah, it is the hatchback model. I know what your talking about, I myself and turned off by certain cars, no matter what the specs and reviews. I actually rented my car for a few weekends before buying one. The BMW 1 series is a really good car. But, they only make them in 2 door with a decent sized backseat area. I'm not a fan of mazda myself because their lower to moderate models are rubish imho. Their higher end models are really nice. But then again, I go for performance above practicallity. But when I saw that the mazda that I liked was pushing $40k, I just couldn't justify that. For that amount of money, I could get like a 5 year old porsche :devil:

Timeline

Ok you're right, the Impreza is a beast. Subaru's are just uninspired... if that's even the word for it. I just look at them and go ehhh.... But you're right, beauty is in the eye of the beholder! The BMW's are sex, for sure, but a lot of car for someone like me. I think renting a car before buying is a great idea. Its what turned me off from getting a hybrid Camry, it just didn't meet my expectations and the acceleration on it was poor. I've done some reading and the general consensus seems to be that the 3 is a higher preforming machine then the focus. Its also one of the most popular selling used vehicles these days... so I doubt its rubish! Something my husband and I have developed when looking at car lots is deciding if its a manly car or a girly car. Sounds stupid, since I know some girls who drive some big high performance machines, but we've decided that a 3 is a girly car. When I look into buying a car I don't necessarily look for power or speed, rather handling and driveability... Men often seem to think the other way around :P

Timeline
Ok you're right, the Impreza is a beast. Subaru's are just uninspired... if that's even the word for it. I just look at them and go ehhh.... But you're right, beauty is in the eye of the beholder! The BMW's are sex, for sure, but a lot of car for someone like me. I think renting a car before buying is a great idea. Its what turned me off from getting a hybrid Camry, it just didn't meet my expectations and the acceleration on it was poor. I've done some reading and the general consensus seems to be that the 3 is a higher preforming machine then the focus. Its also one of the most popular selling used vehicles these days... so I doubt its rubish! Something my husband and I have developed when looking at car lots is deciding if its a manly car or a girly car. Sounds stupid, since I know some girls who drive some big high performance machines, but we've decided that a 3 is a girly car. When I look into buying a car I don't necessarily look for power or speed, rather handling and driveability... Men often seem to think the other way around :P

I know exactly what you mean about subaru. The interiors are living proof of it. It's as if they made a monster engine, great suspension, chasis, and exhaust, and then it got late. The body is pretty nice, but by the time they got to the interior, it's completely generic and subpar. LoL, I do the manly/girly car thing too. I don't know why I do it especially seeing the cars my sister has driven 63/67 corvette, and now an RX-8, not what i would call girly cars. I will admit that I was into just pure muscle when it came to cars when I was younger. I used to have a 69' chevelle SS with a 454. But my last couple of cars, I really wanted one that would tear a$$ through mountain roads and scream down the line on a quarter mile. I got a great deal on my car. It was 2 years old when I bought it and a rare model Audi. But now, I want a 67 chevelle, or a 55 chevy. I miss my hot rods :blush:

Edit: If the BMW 1 series even meets your specs, take a drive in it. It handles like a beast and has enough torque to surprise you. But it's not like the m3 kind of performance. Well worth a test at least. I almost ate the finance charges to buy one about a year ago :lol:

Edited by Rob and Mel

Filed: Timeline

Split your topic off the import thread because it seems to have taken on a life of its own. lol

The Ford Focus is #######! Don't buy it!!!

I just bought a new car last night. I was sad to kiss my little Canadian gem goodbye. :crying:

iagree.gif

Timeline

I agree with Krikit re: Ford Focus.... I have heard so many negative things about it. My friend had a focus, and the recalls were insane. One of the recalls was a risk of the steering wheel popping off while driving.... lovely!! I personally would neve buy a Ford, I like imports only :)

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.