Yup.

There it is.

I travel.

A lot.

USians from coast to coast want it

So??

Lobbying should be illegal.

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
:thumbs: No amount of Right Wing propaganda is going to wipe away the everyday realities that millions of Americans are facing regarding their health insurance. Hallelujah...victory is at hand.

Filed: Timeline
:thumbs: No amount of Right Wing propaganda is going to wipe away the everyday realities that millions of Americans are facing regarding their health insurance. Hallelujah...victory is at hand.

What's coming is not something we'd have called victory back during the campaign.

But of course, it will still be victory.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline

What's coming is not something we'd have called victory back during the campaign.

I really think we'll see a public option materialize in a final bill.

Yes, but what kind? I'll be happy with anything that is even slightly better for even a small number of people... but that doesn't mean it won't be a letdown (of sorts) from what we thought we could accomplish during the campaign.

Filed: Other Timeline

Yes, but what kind? I'll be happy with anything that is even slightly better for even a small number of people... but that doesn't mean it won't be a letdown (of sorts) from what we thought we could accomplish during the campaign.

I agree. I worry about that too.

Timeline

Sorry to change subjects....but my company's up for open enrollment and I think we about 7 different insurance options (3 HMO's, 2 PPO's, and 3 HSA's).

Sorry to change subjects....but my company's up for open enrollment and I think we about 7 different insurance options (3 HMO's, 2 PPO's, and 3 HSA's).

Yeah it's nearing that time of the year for us as well. Last year, our BSBCNJ PPO (which is self-insured) had premiums which were much more affordable than any of the other PPO's. And our HMO's were priced sky-high so they were out of the question. I've heard rumors not much will change this year. We'll see.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Our school board opted out of BCBS because of the extremely high premiums...and went to the bottom of the barrel for our insurance: United Healthcare. The only other choice we had was Cigna. Open enrollment is coming soon...I'm wondering if I should do a little research on Cigna...UHC sucks. Two of my medications went from costing me $25 a month to $75 a month. I've had to find an alternative for one (my asthma med...which sucks cos there's only one that really works for me) and I've had to quit taking the other one altogether. So you see, even those of us WITH insurance still cannot afford some medications.

Pharmeceutical companies and Insurance companies need to quit sleeping together...it's beginning to really piss me off. :angry:

However, with that said...I do worry what the option will be. I do think there will have to be a public option written in at some point too, but sheesh...what will it mean and how will it affect us all? :wacko:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

supposedly Cigna is one of the top rated insurance companies in the US.. AJ posted an article about it awhile back

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...75&hl=cigna

that is what we have right now.. we have nly had it a few months though, before that we had United Healthcare..

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

This means that 65% of the public want insurance to be an option, not mandatory, right?

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Rightttttttttttttttttttttt, where did this come from the bastion of liberalville northeast, this is not indicative of the rest of the USA. :whistle:

Really?

That's most interesting.

And how many people have you talked to?

How many and from how many states?

Numbers.

I want numbers.

I have met and talked to thousands of people.

It intrigues me to no end, to ask questions, to learn, to find out things....I continuously do my sociological research.

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Rightttttttttttttttttttttt, where did this come from the bastion of liberalville northeast, this is not indicative of the rest of the USA. :whistle:

Really?

That's most interesting.

And how many people have you talked to?

How many and from how many states?

Numbers.

I want numbers.

I have met and talked to thousands of people.

It intrigues me to no end, to ask questions, to learn, to find out things....I continuously do my sociological research.

Congrats you talked to thousands out of 400 million

RASMUSSEN POLL: Support for Health Care Plan Falls to New Low; 41% Favor 56% Oppose...

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2009-08-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-08-18

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-23

NVC Received : 2009-10-27

NVC Left : 2009-11-06

Consulate Received : 2009-11-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-27

Interview Date : 2009-12-16

Interview Result : APPROVED

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 66 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 120 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.