gummyneo

Some questions about the I-129F form

24 posts in this topic

Hello everybody,

I need some help putting together my package here.

First of all, on both the I-129F and the G-325A there is a spot that states that if your fiance's native alphabet uses other than Roman letters, write her name in the native alphabet. However, my fiance is Chinese and I don't know how to write Chinese. Is this part necessary? How would I comply with this?

Second question, I'm confused as what I am actually submitting to USCIS. Do I submit ORIGINALS of everything or Photocopies of everything to them. (except pictures ofcourse) The reason I ask is because my fiance is in China and even to get orginal signatures is a burden.

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

hahahh I feel you as my fiance is from Taiwan .. and yes it is required to be in the native alphabet and its unfortunate.. I had my fiance type hers in Chinese and send it to me.. I then pasted it in the form and went and got it translated.. as far as documents.. you wont get back what you send to USCIS so if you dont mind parting with the original... go ahead.. you will get mixed feedback on this.. some people say get everything notarized.. some say no..

May 1, 2006 - Submitted I-129F (Overnight) NSC

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

June 1, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

June 14, 2006 - Notice from CSC it was transferred

June 30, 2006 - Received IMBRA RFE (CSC)

July 5, 2006 - Touched (RFE Received)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

August 5, 2006 Physical NOA2

August 15, 2006 NVC Received and Sent

August 22, 2006 AIT sent Packet 3

August 22, 2006 Packet 3 got lost in the mail... sending another.. :( :( :(

October 27, 2006 Interview

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

C'mon USCIS Lets get some others approved or else watch for the Trident

brick.jpg

hahahh I feel you as my fiance is from Taiwan .. and yes it is required to be in the native alphabet and its unfortunate.. I had my fiance type hers in Chinese and send it to me.. I then pasted it in the form and went and got it translated.. as far as documents.. you wont get back what you send to USCIS so if you dont mind parting with the original... go ahead.. you will get mixed feedback on this.. some people say get everything notarized.. some say no..

Thanks for your help,

What did you do to get your fiance's signature on the G-325A form?

Timeline

well I went to taiwan to visit her .. so had her sign it then

Oh yeah and on the translation part.. according to USCIS they say it doesn't have to be professional anymore just someone that can speak/read/write the language and english.. I didn't take a chance though and got it professional translated.. for the translation and notarization it cost me $25 ..

Edited by vartan

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

brick.jpg

well I went to taiwan to visit her .. so had her sign it then

Oh yeah and on the translation part.. according to USCIS they say it doesn't have to be professional anymore just someone that can speak/read/write the language and english.. I didn't take a chance though and got it professional translated.. for the translation and notarization it cost me $25 ..

I'm sorry, what translation part are you referring to?

Timeline

the address/name part with the "Non Roman characters"

Edited by vartan

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

brick.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Hello everybody,

First of all, on both the I-129F and the G-325A there is a spot that states that if your fiance's native alphabet uses other than Roman letters, write her name in the native alphabet. However, my fiance is Chinese and I don't know how to write Chinese. Is this part necessary? How would I comply with this?

Second question, I'm confused as what I am actually submitting to USCIS. Do I submit ORIGINALS of everything or Photocopies of everything to them. (except pictures ofcourse) The reason I ask is because my fiance is in China and even to get orginal signatures is a burden.

Thanks!

Went thru the same thing, Had to fedex the 129F and 325A to her, Luckily there was a nearby fedex office in her part of China, Then she Fedexed the package back. Don't worry, It's only time ! Yeah Right, We started in March and now in Limbo for 2 1/2 MOnths, waiting probably to get a return of petition and IMBRA'd

only to start again, as it's been said before, Any Day Now,,,, Any Day Now !

Good Luck

I'm confused, are you referring to the I-129F form? Question 16? Did you have your fiance's address translated into english and put in question 15? Is that what you are referring to?

Thanks! :)

Timeline

I'm confused, are you referring to the I-129F form? Question 16? Did you have your fiance's address translated into english and put in question 15? Is that what you are referring to?

Hahah no I have it typed in Chinese characters on the I-129F and an attachment to the I-129F form which shows what the chinese characters translate into english.. .. and that is notarized

You guys are scaring me though. I never realized it said that on the G-325A form .. We wrote that all in English.

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

brick.jpg

Hahah no I have it typed in Chinese characters on the I-129F and an attachment to the I-129F form which shows what the chinese characters translate into english.. .. and that is notarized

You guys are scaring me though. I never realized it said that on the G-325A form .. We wrote that all in English.

Now I am really confused. If you typed it on the I-129F form, why would you have an attachment translated in english? Question 15 before it, says what is your Fiance's address, Question 16' whats the Fiance's name and address in the foreign language. Couldn't you just put the Address in english on line 15 and write the translation in chinese in 16?

And on the G325A form it doesn't ask for the address, only your fiance's name in the native language.

Timeline

ok I see what you say.. please don't pay attention to me.. I must have completely read the form wrong..I am now worried and will check when I go home.. I wonder why I had it translated now.. WOW .. sorry..

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

brick.jpg

ok I see what you say.. please don't pay attention to me.. I must have completely read the form wrong..I am now worried and will check when I go home.. I wonder why I had it translated now.. WOW .. sorry..

That's okay :)

But if anybody knows what's up with this part I would appreciate it. My fiance speaks and write's english and I have her address (in english), I just don't have it in Chinese. I guess I can go to my friend who is fluent in Chinese and have her write it in Chinese.

Timeline

Well for your part I did at least do that.. she typed it .. sent it to me over MSN and I copied and pasted it in the form.. that I did do.. I just also got it translated.. hahaha (I do have Boshimy language input on my computer though and east asian languages installed.. )

Edited by vartan

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

brick.jpg

Hello everybody,

Thanks!

If you know someone that can write in chinese, have them write your fiance's name/address using the native alphabet.

Only photo copies of documents submitted are required. If they wish to see the original they will ask for it.

Any document submitted in a foreign language must be accompanied by a translation

An original signature of your fiance is necessary on their G-325A.

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Hello everybody,

Thanks!

If you know someone that can write in chinese, have them write your fiance's name/address using the native alphabet.

Only photo copies of documents submitted are required. If they wish to see the original they will ask for it.

Any document submitted in a foreign language must be accompanied by a translation

An original signature of your fiance is necessary on their G-325A.

Thanks Aussie! But if an original signature of my fiance is necessary on the G-325A, then don't I have to send the original G-325A form to them?

Also, what document would be in a foreign language that would be submitted? I'm really confused about that one too? Isn't it just the 2 forms, which are in english? and a letter of intent? the only thing I can see is the letter of intent if the fiance didn't write in english, but other than that, what other forms would be in a foreign language?

Edited by gummyneo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.