newlyweds2010

wrong consulate in the I129F

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello everyone, I think we have made a bad mistake in our I129F: we put down the wrong consulate :bonk:

I am from Italy, and we found out later that they do not have an office in Milan that conducts interviews, and Naples is the only one for the whole country. Has anyone here had the same experience, and how did you guys get out of it? I'm so scared that our petition will be rejected or delayed when the NVC sends our documents to the consulate...the wrong one :crying:

Once your petition is approved - NVC will forward it to the correct Embassy/Consulate (the correct one that processes K-1 Visas for your actual residence.) Not to worry.

Timeline
Once your petition is approved - NVC will forward it to the correct Embassy/Consulate (the correct one that processes K-1 Visas for your actual residence.) Not to worry.

thank you for your quick reply, did it happen to you, too? I was getting REALLY scared, but I really hope the NVC will be clever enough to send it to the correct Consulate, no matter what I wrote.

thank you for your quick reply, did it happen to you, too? I was getting REALLY scared, but I really hope the NVC will be clever enough to send it to the correct Consulate, no matter what I wrote.

Didn't happen to me but have seen plenty of folks who did the same as you - NVC knows where it can/can-not go.

moving to K-1 Visa Process and Procedures forum...

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hello everyone, I think we have made a bad mistake in our I129F: we put down the wrong consulate :bonk:

I am from Italy, and we found out later that they do not have an office in Milan that conducts interviews, and Naples is the only one for the whole country. Has anyone here had the same experience, and how did you guys get out of it? I'm so scared that our petition will be rejected or delayed when the NVC sends our documents to the consulate...the wrong one :crying:

It will go to Naples by default

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Thank you for your reply, I really hope everything will be ok with that.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you for your reply, I really hope everything will be ok with that.

lol i wrote toronto on mine because i didn;t know they didn't process visas but mine was sent to montreal by default. so no worries.

Edited by Missa

..The time line ..

04/04/2007 met in person

22/10 2008 engaged

29/03/2009 I-129F Sent

06/04/2009 money order cashed

13/04/2009 I-129F NOA1

20/07/2009 NOA2 petition approved

08/12/2009 Packet 3 Received

08/13/2009 Packet 3 Sent

09/14/2009 Medical Toronto

06/11/2009 interview PASSED!

15/11/2009 Visa Rcvd

14/02/2010 POE Sault Ste Marie ON

26/03/2010 Married

AOS

05/10/2010 mailed

05/17/2010 check cashed

05/21/2010 NOA1 rcvd

06/15/2010 Biometrics(Grand Rapids MI)

08/20/2010 interview (approved)

ROC

08/21/2012

10/13/2012 biometric

waiting

Timeline

I did the same thing and put the Milan consulate... The automatically deferred it to Naples :angry: Although we would prefer Milano!!!!!

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Timeline

I did the same thing and put the Milan consulate... The automatically deferred it to Naples :angry: Although we would prefer Milano!!!!!

yeah no kidding, I don't know why Naples and not even the Embassy in Rome. Naples is the farthest one, and honestly I'm a little bit concerned about going down there... :help:

well anyway I'll take the risk of going to Naples, if this means that I will receive the visa :lol:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We did the same thing...put Toronto on the form. Didn't know they don't do k-1 interviews. It automatically went to Montreal, no worries!!

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

yeah no kidding, I don't know why Naples and not even the Embassy in Rome. Naples is the farthest one, and honestly I'm a little bit concerned about going down there... :help:

well anyway I'll take the risk of going to Naples, if this means that I will receive the visa :lol:

lol my Fiance doesn't want to go to Napoli either... must not be a very good place to visit. I told him he should just tell them he's from Roma and maybe they would genuflect when he enters. You Italians! As bad as the U.S. with regional snobbery lol.

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Naples, Italy

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-01

NVC Received : 2009-09-04

NVC Left : 2009-10-02

Consulate Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-07

Interview ... WAIVED? Never heard of this, but they didn't even interview him, just told him pick up his visa the next day.

Current Status: Interview ... waived ... I guess :) They just took his fingerprints and documents and told him everything was in order and he should pick up his visa tomorrow! WOW

I can't believe it's only been 7 months since we filed ... seems like an eternity!

• 3 months later...
Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone. I have been using this amazing forum to gain information based on other peoples posts. Just today, I received upsetting news regarding my/our K1 petition. My Danish fiance has been living in Vancouver, Canada on a work visa for several years. At the time we filled out the 129F, he was living in Vancouver, which is the address we used on the petition. But, we requested that he apply through the embassy in Copenhagen, Denmark question #20 on petition). As of December 2009, he is back at his address in Denmark. We neglected to change this and our case was sent to Canada, rather than Denmark. I'm afraid that we have made a fatal mistake. Any suggestions? I'm hoping that I can contact the embassy in Vancouver and explain, and they will just send it to Denmark. I am very panicked about this and any help would be great!

Thanks,

Panicked

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.