anh tien

HCMC: CR1 interview-->blue slip-->AP-->PINK slip.

35 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

sorry for being MIA for a while there.

another one of my novels, enjoy!: (i'm not gonna bothering with the proper english grammar, just gonna rant it all out.)

interviewed on august 26th.

husband was one of the first people in line to enter embassy that morning. got his ticket number. ticket number called. went to the lady at the counter. gave her the documents request: appointment cover letter printed from email, passport style photos, cmdn, household registration book, medical examination results, and passport. sat down to wait. ticket number called again. went to the interview counter.

interview conducted by a dark skinned lady, possibly in her 30s. had a lady translator possibly in her 40s. husband handed the timeline i had prepared to the CO. CO rejected it, saying give me things when i ask for them. conducted the interview. asked a few questions, what kind of question, i'm not so sure about. then CO asked husband, what did you wanted to hand to me earlier? husband handed her the timeline. he saw that she read it very closely the first couple of pages, then skimmed the rest. CO and translator laughed a couple of times reading the timeline. i too feel it was funny when i wrote it. CO continued to ask questions about certain aspects written in the timeline. but mostly, CO asked... whatever she wanted to ask.

some questions i remember from the top of my head and husband's answer:

-when were you married? 07/06/08

-mother and father in law's name? named them

-where does wife go to school? what is she studying? what will she do when she graduates? UT, economics and business administration, 4th year, possible career in the banking system or at the state capital because she is currently interning there for a senator.

-how did you guys meet? wife's aunt introduced

-how do you know wife's aunt? a friend of mother

-did any of wife's relative from the US come the wedding? yes. 13 of them. listed all 13.

-do you have pictures of dam hoi and wedding? husband gave her 2 sets of pictures. one for dam hoi, other for wedding. CO and translator looked at them quickly

-wife doesn't have any income, how does she have money for everyday spending? wife sometimes goes to aunt's nail shop to help answer the phone when wife doesn't have to study on the weekends. aunt gives wife gifts. (husband did a beautiful job not mention money in his answer. he said gifts.)

-why didn't wife make those claims on her I864? wife does not have a permanent position there at aunt's shop. wife comes to help out sometimes once a month. how can working once a month be a claim on tax documents?

-do you have any relatives in the US? yes. has aunts and uncles and grandparents. have a list of all relatives with me, would CO like to see it? CO said no.

-explain where wife lives? wife lives with mother and father and little sister. wife lives in Austin, TX. Austin is really hot right now. sometimes there are tornados. there are no beaches around austin, wife has to go to galveston if she wants to go to the beach.

-what will you do when you get to the US? take english classes and work in wife's uncle's restruant.

-what's the name of this uncle and have you met him? met him when he came to vietnam for the wedding. do not know his name. only know of him as uncle 6.

-when did you confess your love to your wife? after she went back to the states in sept. said i love you on the phone.

there are many more that i just can't remember... but overall, they were questions that were reasonable and could easily be answered if you know what you're talking about.

husband said interview lasted about 50 minutes. he was asked everything as we had expected, he felt it was to the point where the CO couldn't find anything else to ask. he got the feeling that CO had had her doubts about our relationship prior to the interview, but as the interview unfolds, CO became less and less demanding in her questioning. In the end, we received a blue slip. translator said the paperwork my mother filled out was wrong. my mother is the co-sponsor in the case. The attorney i hired for the case filled out an I864 for both my mother and i. that was the mistake. i must fill the I864 and my mother was to fill the I864A. blue slip also asked for list of relatives. husband saw that and asked CO right away. husband said that when asked about his relatives, he had asked CO if CO wanted to see the list, CO said no, so why is CO asking for it now? CO said that it's ok to turn it in when husband returns to turn in the I864A. blue slip dated for sept. 23 rd. Husband thanked CO and translator and left.

Emailed me the blue slip. I got all that was rquested. Fedex costed $75. husband went to turn in list of relatives and I864A on sept. 4th. was told to wait. waited til nearly 5. told to go home with no slip at all. husband extremely pissed and annoyed, but couldn't do anything about it.

i emailed consulate twice a week. only received 1 response saying "we've received your email, we are working on answering your inquire at the earliest possibilty." husband told me an officer from his "xa," village i guess, came to ask him questions about his marriage. the officier happened to be our family friend. he even attended our wedding. but for orderly purposes, he had to do his job and come ask husband about the marriage. husband had to fill out some paper. was told that that paper was ordered by the "tinh." husband and I both thought that this procedure could very likely be the "investigation work" that was rumored to be happening. so, we felt really good that our case was being looked at. it meant that we were going somewhere rather than sitting on someone's desk. in fact, we praise the investigation work. the more they know about us, the less time we'll be in AP.

sept. 23 rd approachs. husband took a photocopy of the blue ship and went to the embassay. got a ticket number, waited, ticket number called, told counter lady he had turned in the requested documents already and have not received a response. this is his day stated on the blue slip. please help him. he was told to wait. waited again until nearly 5. named called. pink slip handed. husband said there was about 10 people getting the pink. he guessed it was their assigned day too.

want to know what's ironic? i received an email response from the consulate on the morning of sept. 23rd which was evening of HCM's 23rd saying "we've received your email, we are working on answering your inquire at the earliest possibilty." i had a good chuckle. better be working on that visa instead.

ordered to pick up visa on sept. 30th. hoping to fly out on the 1st!

grinning from ear to ear. :D

good luck to everyone else. oh... who do i owe cupcakes to? :dance:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats!

Immigration Process (DCF Japan)

08/06/2008 I-130 petition at Tokyo, Japan

08/13/2008 I-130 approved

|

| Waited until we were ready to move back

|

07/13/2009 IV interview at Tokyo, Japan

07/15/2009 IV(IR-1) in hand

Post-DCF

07/29/2009 POE at Las Vegas

08/17/2009 GC(10yrs) received

Click here for the detailed timeline.

Done with USCIS until

- naturalization in May 2012 or

- GC replacement in February 2019

CXmLm7.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congrats!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Did the initial Blue slip say "Additional Processing"? or was it a request for additional info... It sounds like you got the standard initial blue and on the 23rd got a pink after having submitted the required documents... Usually the second time is a blue saying AP... not the first

This is great news for those going through HCMC, but not much for those in AP ...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Great news! Congrats to both of.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Congrats!

As far as i know, blue slips for anything other than a timeline and request of additional evidence usually gets pink slip when the requested docs are turned in. My cousin's wife had a blueslip for korea's police cert. and husband needed a joint sponsor, the korea police cert. wasn't neccessary because it's unobtainable and as soon as she turned her joint sponsor i864 she recieved her pink. As for everyone else who was required to turn in timeline and/or bonai-fide evidence usually gets to be on AP. CONGRATS tho, hope ya have a wonderful life together.

Timeline
Congrats!

As far as i know, blue slips for anything other than a timeline and request of additional evidence usually gets pink slip when the requested docs are turned in. My cousin's wife had a blueslip for korea's police cert. and husband needed a joint sponsor, the korea police cert. wasn't neccessary because it's unobtainable and as soon as she turned her joint sponsor i864 she recieved her pink. As for everyone else who was required to turn in timeline and/or bonai-fide evidence usually gets to be on AP. CONGRATS tho, hope ya have a wonderful life together.

Any word on yours?

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline
Congrats!

Any word on yours?

"Your case is waiting for a consular review.....large number of case = no time frame.......blah blah blah.....cases are being reviewed on first come first review basis......ackkkkkkkkk....." thats pretty much all the word i've been getting. Have anyone tried to get their congressman to write a letter to the CO???

Timeline

Congrats! You had a really great timeline...kinda long, but very descriptive!!

Edited by lindal24

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Timeline
husband told me an officer from his "xa," village i guess, came to ask him questions about his marriage. the officier happened to be our family friend. he even attended our wedding. but for orderly purposes, he had to do his job and come ask husband about the marriage. husband had to fill out some paper. was told that that paper was ordered by the "tinh." husband and I both thought that this procedure could very likely be the "investigation work" that was rumored to be happening. so, we felt really good that our case was being looked at. it meant that we were going somewhere rather than sitting on someone's desk. in fact, we praise the investigation work. the more they know about us, the less time we'll be in AP.

When I was there this last time that happened to us too. But we thought it was the local district that was asking the "xa" if she knew of me visiting for a month not the Consulate. When we found this out, we went out to her house immediately to annouce my visit!

Edited by lindal24

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

Timeline
Congrats!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Did the initial Blue slip say "Additional Processing"? or was it a request for additional info... It sounds like you got the standard initial blue and on the 23rd got a pink after having submitted the required documents... Usually the second time is a blue saying AP... not the firstThis is great news for those going through HCMC, but not much for those in AP ...

Agreed...

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

Timeline
Congrats!

Any word on yours?

"Your case is waiting for a consular review.....large number of case = no time frame.......blah blah blah.....cases are being reviewed on first come first review basis......ackkkkkkkkk....." thats pretty much all the word i've been getting. Have anyone tried to get their congressman to write a letter to the CO???

John Cali had his Congressman inquire, but no results at this point...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=217016

Edited by ScottThuy

Timeline
Congrats!

Any word on yours?

John Cali had his Congressman inquire, but no results at this point...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=217016

Ok here is what I have done...We got placed on additional processing on the 20th of aug. over a month already. within that month my wife and I had went to many place, and took pictures in malaysia, and nha trang. I came to visit the CO on the tues, and wednesday at 4, I submitted to them my plane tickets to malaysia, and some pictures of us during the time we are in AP. If you are in Vietnam, i think it wouldd be a good idea to visit them each week and submit more evidence of pictures and trips u took togehter and things ya done. They will accept it.

Timeline
yes, sorry, was not in AP then.

just the normal see you again kinda deal.

But you did give us all some really good insight into what they can do inbetween the blue slip and the next date... 'xa'

Thanks alot!!!! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.