ScottThuy

HCMC Pkt 3 & 4

29 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Can anyone that recently got pkt 3 or 4 confirm if the pkt is still the same as these I have posted?

Packet_3.pdf

packet_4.pdf

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Looks like those are the same ones you sent me, and those are the only ones I've seen so far. Phuong hasn't gotten anything from the consulate yet. I sent them an email on Friday to see if they've got the petition and when we can expect the packet 3, but no response yet.

Congrats on the NOA2! :thumbs:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline
Can anyone that recently got pkt 3 or 4 confirm if the pkt is still the same as these I have posted?

Thanks guys... Someone that got NOA2 a couple weeks before you Jim already has pkt 4.... nothing from HCMC huh? Have her call them tonight and see what they say...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Those look similar to the email attachments we got for our CR1/IR1 visa...but K-1 may be different...

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Looks like those are the same ones you sent me, and those are the only ones I've seen so far. Phuong hasn't gotten anything from the consulate yet. I sent them an email on Friday to see if they've got the petition and when we can expect the packet 3, but no response yet.

Hi Jim and Phuong, if Phuong sis isnt get the P3 yet, she can bring her case HCM number come to Consulate at Imformation Door, they will look and give for her P3 if too late. Good luck to you.

Thanks guys... Someone that got NOA2 a couple weeks before you Jim already has pkt 4.... nothing from HCMC huh? Have her call them tonight and see what they say...

Congrat NOA 2. Good luck to you.

IR1 - processed from 02/12/2008 to 12/08/2009

INTERVIEW : JAN 21-2010- GOT PINK

VISA IN HAND : FEB 4,2010

MOVED TO USA : FEB 6,2010

10 YEARS GC IN HAND : MARCH 13,2010

Timeline

Hi Jim and Phuong, if Phuong sis isnt get the P3 yet, she can bring her case HCM number come to Consulate at Imformation Door, they will look and give for her P3 if too late. Good luck to you.

Unfortunately, Phuong lives in the suburbs outside Hue, and works during the day. It would be difficult for her to get down to HCM on a weekday. She'd need to take a day off from work. Before I recommend she do something like this I want to get confirmation from the consulate that they've got the petition. My NVC letter is dated 3 weeks ago, and I did get verbal confirmation over the phone that they already forwarded it to the consulate, but that doesn't always mean anything. Sometimes it just means that NVC has approved it, and it's sitting in a diplomatic pouch waiting to be sent.

It's also possible they sent the packet, but she didn't receive it. In the hamlet where she lives the streets have no names, and the houses have no street numbers. When I send anything to her I don't use her home address because couriers like DHL have no way to find her house. I send things to her son-in-law's home, which is in Hue with a fixed address.

If I don't get a response to my email in a day or two, then I'll have Phuong call the consulate, as Scott suggests. A few days here or there doesn't bother us much. We're still scrambling to get ready, since we didn't expect the NOA2 so quickly.

Timeline

I have been looking at the times between NVC and interview and it can be shorter than in the past as well...I saw one from last month that has an interview 77 days after NOA2. I am actually affraid of the remote possibility that they schedule it before our Dam Hoi. If they schedule our interview in the first part of Dec it will be like hittin the lotto. It would save me a trip..

No doubt in my mind that they have your case @ HCMC at least a week or two ago..... if you have her complete the first half of DS 230 and the DS 2001 she can fax them to the consulate or email them... An interview should follow by about 60 days... NVC gave you your HCM# right?

Timeline
I have been looking at the times between NVC and interview and it can be shorter than in the past as well...I saw one from last month that has an interview 77 days after NOA2. I am actually affraid of the remote possibility that they schedule it before our Dam Hoi. If they schedule our interview in the first part of Dec it will be like hittin the lotto. It would save me a trip..

No doubt in my mind that they have your case @ HCMC at least a week or two ago..... if you have her complete the first half of DS 230 and the DS 2001 she can fax them to the consulate or email them... An interview should follow by about 60 days... NVC gave you your HCM# right?

Yeah, I got the HCM number over the phone, and then a couple days later in the mail from NVC.

I helped Phuong with the DS-230's (three of em), and sent them DHL. She'll probably get them this week. The DS-2001 she can handle herself.

I just got done chatting with her. I wasn't sure if they actually delivered mail to her home, or if she had to go to the post office and pick it up. She says they deliver it to her home. I'm mystified how they can find her home. Her address consists of her name, hamlet, ward, district, and province. There are hundreds of homes in the hamlet, on dozens of streets. I have visions of the letter carrier looking at the mail and saying "Hmmm. Where is the Nguyen family home?". :blink:

Timeline

Yeah, I got the HCM number over the phone, and then a couple days later in the mail from NVC.

I helped Phuong with the DS-230's (three of em), and sent them DHL. She'll probably get them this week. The DS-2001 she can handle herself.

I just got done chatting with her. I wasn't sure if they actually delivered mail to her home, or if she had to go to the post office and pick it up. She says they deliver it to her home. I'm mystified how they can find her home. Her address consists of her name, hamlet, ward, district, and province. There are hundreds of homes in the hamlet, on dozens of streets. I have visions of the letter carrier looking at the mail and saying "Hmmm. Where is the Nguyen family home?". :blink:

Its the same with Thuys family house... out in the countryside.... To be sure mail gets to her I often put her fathers name on it because everyone knows him...half of what I send her in the mail does not get there.. Her 230 only needs the number and a signature and its done. We were going over the list of questions that they could ask and she knew things that I did not know she knew. I am surprised at how much she really knows about me and my family already.The reality of how close we are getting to a possible flight together back to the uS is just sinking in... There are so many little details that I know she has not addressed yet when it comes to moving here... The good thing is the fact that I will be traveling back and forth more often for work next year and she can go with me (after they allow her to travel outside the US).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Sometimes if the phone number is on the package, they call to find out location to deliver. Other times, the postal delivery person just knows...you're just screwed if they don't though... lol.

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

I sent my I-129F a week after you did. Should I be getting an NOA2, and these 2 documents soon? Are these two documents sent to me or to my fiance? How is the process moving so quickly because I thought the processing times were still stuck in May...

Timeline

I sent my I-129F a week after you did. Should I be getting an NOA2, and these 2 documents soon? Are these two documents sent to me or to my fiance? How is the process moving so quickly because I thought the processing times were still stuck in May...

People that filed after you are already approved... Check the USCIS site to see if they approved you yet. Setup an email and or mobile one and they will let you know when your status has changed... Then a few weeks later the consulate should have your file.... they will send the SO the pkt 3. once the response to pkt 3 is received, they will set an appt and send the SO pkt 4 with the appt date/time and a list of all docs that must be brought to the interview. I posted examples of pkt 3 & 4 above and so far they are the same ones that are being used to date based on what feedback has been posted. Use those as examples of what to expect in the coming month...

Hey Scott,

The Package 4 is still consisted of pretty much the same info. They claimed they sent it to us but we haven't get it yet. We went to Info Widow yesterday but the girl said I can't not pick it up until 1 week before the interview.

The Package 4 attached is what the Consulate emailed to me when they replied for my request for the visa interview date, but no appointment letter, which is what needed for medical and such...

ps: if you need to know where to go to get Ly Lich Tu Phap, Passport, etc...in Hanoi, let me know..I can point yout to a right place..we were came back from Hanoi 2 days ago. Hopefully get all the doc ready for the interview.

And Congrats on your NOA2...

Timeline

Hey Scott,

The Package 4 is still consisted of pretty much the same info. They claimed they sent it to us but we haven't get it yet. We went to Info Widow yesterday but the girl said I can't not pick it up until 1 week before the interview.

The Package 4 attached is what the Consulate emailed to me when they replied for my request for the visa interview date, but no appointment letter, which is what needed for medical and such...

ps: if you need to know where to go to get Ly Lich Tu Phap, Passport, etc...in Hanoi, let me know..I can point yout to a right place..we were came back from Hanoi 2 days ago. Hopefully get all the doc ready for the interview.

And Congrats on your NOA2...

Thanks

I was surprised that she already has the justice paperwork and everything else... she is all ready to go for the interview for the most part now. Thanks... I wish she could get the medical done there without an extra trip to HCMC to go to Cho ray..

They are so silly.. can't have pkt 4 until 1 week before interview.. no good reason for that.

Was there any delay getting Pkt 3 from them?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.