Niphredil

Confused and distraught

13 posts in this topic

I've been absent from here for a while because sitting around thinking about all of this makes me want to punch something, but I need to vent somewhere where people understand.

My husband sent in the forms back in early December... for a long time we heard nothing, thinking that was on par of the course. "Send it in, wait 6 months get the visa" was what we were told, well what I was told. March or so I found this site, found out what was to happen and got husband to make phone calls on why we hadn't received a NOA1.

He got in touch with Texas via the USCIS number, they said "oops, we'll send it out again" and again we waited.

Past month or so, we've been going by what the USES site has to say about processing times. Texas, though, hasn't been publishing any spousal visas though because..... they've apparently been transferred to California, who is now upto January 2006.

Hope!

So I call up to find just what the HELL is going on. "I'm sorry, we have no record of your Petition".

Those words are right up there with your doctor saying "Oops"

HOWEVER, they do have a record of them sending out a file to my husband with the receipt number.

Now, how the HELL can you send out a receipt number, if there's no record? The guy I spoke too was nice enough, sounded french, but when he asked me how to spell 'Black', and what my husbands last name is after I told him mine (and he never asked for maiden till afterwards), I figured I'd just wait till my husband gets home and poke him to find out what he DOES know.

Drives me friggin insane. All this time, 7 months, it'll be my first anniversary in 12 days, and they don't have my petition...

And yet, I can't help but see a small silver lining. If it hasn't gone through, then I can go visit my husband for a while before we start this rollercoaster of madness again, because, in the end, it's the right thing to do, though the only people affected by these laws, are those that follow them.

The Beginning

September 29th, 1999 - 'hooked' up with Dave after chatting with him for about a year online.

October 23rd, 2004 - September 29th, 5 years to the day, he proposed to me =D

July 23rd, 2005 - Dave comes over for the wedding on July 27th at the beach :)

Sometime in December, he sends off I-130 to Texas and promptly leaves me in the dark like a mushroom x.X...

The Saga Continues *dumdeduuummm*

August - phone NVC. intriguing :\ Phoned again, ah hah! the truth... no record of us >< losers... Go and visit Dave for 3 months...

End of January, we sent the petition back in again. 2 weeks later, we actually get a number in our hot little hands.

April 5th - NOA2 approved!

April sometime, received and sent back Choice of Agent

May 18th - Received IV Bill

May 28th - Sent IV Bill MO back

June 11th - DS-230 generated

July 12th - Received and sent back DS-230 packet

July 19th - NVC Sent Husband checklist of AoS. They forgot to fill in N/A fills with.... N/A x.X

July 23rd - DS-230 entered

July 26th - NVC received checklist regarding financial suppliment (ie, got a talking to on the phone :P)

August 1st - sent financial papers back

August 3rd - (Automatic msg) Financial records lacking! ARGH!~

August 7th - Received actual fixed paperwork - 'processing'

August 17th - NVC COMPLETED CASE!~

September 10th - Received packet 3

September 17th - Medical in Brisbane

November 14th - Interview VISA GRANTED

December 8th - Landed in USA

December 24th - GreenCard Arrives

I am sorry to hear about that. Are you the beneficiary? I think so. Well, i actually dont understand why your hubby didnt get his ### moving already?!? Did I misunderstand something or is he just waiting????

Greets Isabel

OUR TIMELINE

01/20/06...married

02/28/06...NOA1....I-130 VSC

May 2006..Medical in Frankfurt

06/14/06...I-130 approved via email [day 111]

06/19/06...NOA2....I-130 received via mail

07/10/06...talked to embassy to expedite the process

07/12/06...NVC stated case completed and sent to FRANKFURT[day 147]

07/17/06...received packet 3 from embassy

07/29/06...received packet 4

08/15/06...INTERVIEW at 7:30am- APPROVED

08/21/06...VISA received

08/23/06...Flight to US

08/23/06...I am back home

09/20/06...received greencard in mail

09/27/06...received SSC in Mail

09/23/07...our daughter was born :)

30/05/07...filed for Removal of Conditions

07/05/08...received NOA for I-751

01/07/08...college here I come :)

waiting for biometrics and Approval.....

usa1.gifKeith & IsabelgermanyWHT_rd30.gif

We've just been waiting. We don't know if it's an address issue or what. The guy at USCIS told me to get my husband *who is in USA filing for me to come to USA*, to call them since he has all the details, except he gets off work after they close, or if he starts late, he tends to not wake up in time to wait on the phone for an hour :\

We sat and waited patiently for word to come. Instead of raising a stink and demanding answers, we just waited, because we all know that Immigration is a waiting game. No point getting upset after a month, it'll probably come in the next week.... or the next... maybe this week... till 7 months went past.

The Beginning

September 29th, 1999 - 'hooked' up with Dave after chatting with him for about a year online.

Sometime in December, he sends off I-130 to Texas and promptly leaves me in the dark like a mushroom x.X...

August - phone NVC. intriguing :\ Phoned again, ah hah! the truth... no record of us >< losers... Go and visit Dave for 3 months...

End of January, we sent the petition back in again. 2 weeks later, we actually get a number in our hot little hands.

July 19th - NVC Sent Husband checklist of AoS. They forgot to fill in N/A fills with.... N/A x.X

July 26th - NVC received checklist regarding financial suppliment (ie, got a talking to on the phone :P)

Niphredil

Did you pay by check and was it cashed? If so can you find out the receipt number from the back of it? This would give you the receipt number where you can then check the status online.

The NBSC number is only a call center and as you found out are of very little use in getting any information from.

or if he starts late, he tends to not wake up in time to wait on the phone for an hour

Tell him to get his butt outa bed for something as important as this. He needs to talk to them to see if he can get any further information. Has he tried emailing CSC?

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

He paid by Money Order :\

He gets home at 11 pm, chats to me, then sleeps like a log. Oh, forgot, yeah, he has no car, so gets a lift into work when his brother goes in... at 7 am, and probably wont start work till 9 or 2 x.X

He has Monday off so he's going to try and get it then.

As for e-mailing, does that really work? Just send all of my information to them (full names, birthdates, when and what was files etc) and they will respond?

Right now, if this is all true, we're considering him coming to Australia now hehe

The Beginning

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I hope you get some answers soon. (F)

CR-1

09/16/2005 Mailed I-130 (CSC)

09/21/2005 NOA 1

02/07/2006 NOA 2 (Day 143)

02/25/2006 Petitioner receives AOS Bill in U.S. (Day 161)

02/27/2006 AOS Bill (regular USPS) and DS-3032 (Canada Post regular) are mailed out

03/21/2006 Petitioner receives I-864 package (Day 185)

03/22/2006 Beneficiary receives IV Bill and sends payment - regular mail (Day 186)

03/24/2006 Petitioner sends back I-864 (Day 188)

04/13/2006 Beneficiary receives DS-230 (Day 208)

05/10/2006 Beneficiary sends back DS-230 and docs to NVC via Fedex (Day 235)

05/19/2006 NVC issues RFE on Question # 20 on the DS-230. (Day 244)

05/29/2006 Beneficiary receives RFE and sends it off (Day 254)

06/02/2006 NVC receives RFE (Day 258)

06/16/2006 Case Complete! (Day 272)

07/07/2006 Case forwarded to Consulate in Montreal (Day 293)

08/11/2006 INTERVIEW! VISA APPROVED!

08/14/2006 Picked up visa and crossed the border.

08/25/2006 SS card arrives in the mail

09/07/2006 GC arrives in the mail.

K-3

02/01/2006 Mailed I-129F

02/07/2006 NOA1

04/14/2006 I-129F is approved!

04/24/2006 NVC forwards the application to the consulate in Montreal

05/01/2006 Packet 3 is received from consulate & is sent of 3 days later

07/07/2006 Medical

08/08/2006 INTERVIEW- cancelled bec. of CR-1

Emailing can`t hurt can it? If i were you i would get onto your Senator aswell or whoever is important. Write to people and maybe they will pull their finger out and get you back on track. By the way the process is a lot of waiting. So much waiting that you might consider travellign during the process and not just before.

23rd February 2005 Married.

10th May 2005 I130 packet sent to TEXAS forwarded to Cali.

12th May 2005 NOA1 Received date.

14th May 2005 delivered at 4:34 am LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92607.

23rd May 2005 NOA1 notice date.

27th May 2005 NOA1 hits the mailbox.

13th August 2005 po po form mailed off with £10 cheque.

2nd September 2005 po po letter arrives.

3rd September a 4 week visit to GA assuming i get allowed in.

30th september 130 days on I130 and counting.

(Hopefully i finally get a wedding ring today too)

30th November NOA2 date. woohoo

January 2006 case arrives at NVC finally(not sure about exact date)

17th February 2006 IV bill mailed back

21st April case complete (sorry i have missed some dates of forms going back and forth)

2nd May case forwarded to Embassy in London

10th July 2006 visa interview 10.30 a.m.

clyde80b.gifmeandnikki.gif

http://www.corona-baster.org

Well, mixed emotions ahoy

Husband rung up. USCIS has no record of his name, my name, or our name. It has just been 'lost'. I can only guess they had it at one stage as we have a 'thank you for using our services' letter, but... nothing under our names.

I'm pissed, but... relieved too. We finally got an answer as to what was going on. Someone got a $200 bonus that week....

However, the good news is, is that this means I can go visit my husband for 3 months so we can decide what we're going to do next.

The Beginning

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

You should get that money back!! You paid for a service you didnt receive!! i would be soo pissed off if I was youI feel so bad for you right now!!

But on a positive note.. i think everything happens for a reason and maybe there is some silver lining for you and your hubby! chin up and things will start to look better in a wee while! :thumbs:

Rebecca & Jeffrey[br].png

115271070964697.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This is why I think sitting back and doing nothing is not the best way to go. Apparently you can inquire if you haven't received your NOA1 30 days after sending it in. You can send your documents via courier with some tracking mechanism (UPS, Fed Ex, DHL, delivery confirmation). You can check your status regularly, and if something isn't right (or even doesn't seem right) do what you can to get somewhere to help you and give you real answers. And even if you do all of these things, you're still going to end up waiting a hell of a long time - but at least you can be proactive and head off problems (like your file being lost) in advance or shortly after it happens, rather than waiting months to find out. Did you keep your part of the money order? You can have it traced by whoever you purchased it from and find out if it was cashed or deposited. So sorry this happened to you.

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Well, mixed emotions ahoy

Husband rung up. USCIS has no record of his name, my name, or our name. It has just been 'lost'. I can only guess they had it at one stage as we have a 'thank you for using our services' letter, but... nothing under our names.

I'm pissed, but... relieved too. We finally got an answer as to what was going on. Someone got a $200 bonus that week....

However, the good news is, is that this means I can go visit my husband for 3 months so we can decide what we're going to do next.

er---

Any chance the i-130 was transferred to California? Have you looked at Direct Consular Filing? Australians have a unique shortcut.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.