biker4Eva

Approved at interview but worried

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I had my interview on the 9th Sept and I was approved. The interviewer proceeded to print out a congratulations letter (did anyone else get one of these?). My concern is that I've been reading about others getting "card production ordered" emails from CRIS on the day of the interview and welcome letters shortly afterwards. I know it has been 7 days but one think I've learned in this forum is that if the timeline differs from others in a similar situation, it's cause for concern. I have read two scenarios where in one case, they were told they would be approved but six months later they had not been approved and when they called to inquire, they were informed that their case had been sent for supervisory review. In the other case, the interviewer simply forgot to actually input something in the computer which would start the process of card production.

I'm curious: Has anyone had the interview, been approved at the interview and not received the "card production ordered" email? How long did it take to receive the welcome letter?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
I had my interview on the 9th Sept and I was approved. The interviewer proceeded to print out a congratulations letter (did anyone else get one of these?). My concern is that I've been reading about others getting "card production ordered" emails from CRIS on the day of the interview and welcome letters shortly afterwards. I know it has been 7 days but one think I've learned in this forum is that if the timeline differs from others in a similar situation, it's cause for concern. I have read two scenarios where in one case, they were told they would be approved but six months later they had not been approved and when they called to inquire, they were informed that their case had been sent for supervisory review. In the other case, the interviewer simply forgot to actually input something in the computer which would start the process of card production.

I'm curious: Has anyone had the interview, been approved at the interview and not received the "card production ordered" email? How long did it take to receive the welcome letter?

OMG i totally understand what u mean. I had my interview on sept 11, the interviewer said we had been approved and she took my I-94 saying i don't need it anymore since i will be getting my GC in 2 weeks.

I didn't even get that congratulations letter that you got. I haven't received anything in the mail or email and my case still shows pending. Its driving me crazy. I really hope something turns up before the end of this week.

PS: Keep me updated on your case coz i thought i was alone.

We were approved at interview and we got an update online a week later. We didn't get the GC for another couple of weeks. I don't think you're that unusual, yet. :)

24q38dy.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think everything will be ok.

JNR

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for all the replies

@trillium, are you saying you got the "card production ordered email" on CRIS one week later after the interview?

@naksah, I'll definitely keep you updated. What office was your interview? mine was atlanta

@Old Dominion, did you get the "card production ordered email? That's actually what I am most concerned about. The greencard can come later but I'd like to sleep at night knowing that it's been ordered and that my application is not somewhere in limbo.

I have scheduled an infopass for the 23rd and I'm going to inquire about it. I will also request the i-551 stamp on my passport at that point. I am interviewing for my internships next month and most of the agencies I will be interviewing with are government agencies and they require that one be a permanent resident or citizen. I'm gonna have my academic advisor write a letter to this effect. I will also be applying for financial aid and I need proof of residency.

So close, and yet so far.

Timeline

@trillium, are you saying you got the "card production ordered email" on CRIS one week later after the interview?

@naksah, I'll definitely keep you updated. What office was your interview? mine was atlanta

@Old Dominion, did you get the "card production ordered email? That's actually what I am most concerned about. The greencard can come later but I'd like to sleep at night knowing that it's been ordered and that my application is not somewhere in limbo.

I have scheduled an infopass for the 23rd and I'm going to inquire about it. I will also request the i-551 stamp on my passport at that point. I am interviewing for my internships next month and most of the agencies I will be interviewing with are government agencies and they require that one be a permanent resident or citizen. I'm gonna have my academic advisor write a letter to this effect. I will also be applying for financial aid and I need proof of residency.

So close, and yet so far.

Mine was the Dallas office.

Actually, i just graduated and i have started having interviews and most of the Engineering firms i am applying to want to see the green card....not EAD....like you said So close, and yet so far :wacko:

Yep, that's when we got it, and in fact that was the first time our case had even showed up online.

24q38dy.jpg

Timeline

Yep, that's when we got it, and in fact that was the first time our case had even showed up online.

@biker4Eva I finally got the card production email this morning around 11.00am. I hope you get yours soon.

@trillium Since we had the same field office, I looked at your time line and i noticed that i may take the same time as you to get my GC.

@trillium Since we had the same field office, I looked at your time line and i noticed that i may take the same time as you to get my GC.

Oh good point! :D Hang in there.

24q38dy.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.