clueless_in_usa

Behavior you (USC man) find odd

207 posts in this topic

Wow. Hearing all these stories has made me realize how unique my fiancee is. I always knew she was special, I just never realized how special. She has no problem with having open windows or having a fan running to circulate air in a room. Has no problem with drinking cold drinks.

Though she did make the bed each morning at the hotel we stayed at, but that is something I had no problem with as I do it myself (force of habit) and my shoes are normally off as soon as I enter the apartment.

I don't think there will be a problem with washing and drying clothes in the tub, as she became very excited when she learned that we had a Washer and Dryer in the apartment here.

The only concern I have is using the balcony as a fridge. Hopefully that will not be too hard of a battle, though with 5 people in the apartment (one of them a teenage boy) I doubt there will be much leftovers after a meal :D

Dave CAUTION

She could be one of those American women posing as Ukrainian to catch men. WARNING The tolerance of open windows is a red flag. Before you go any further I need you to do two tests

1. Give her 4" spike heels and if she falls off them while walking on cobblestones...she is an imposter! She should be able to do this for a least 3km if she is a true Ukrainian PASSED

2. When she is sleeping...wake her up and throw $300 on the bed. Tell her you are taking her to the mall. If she immediately gets up and goes to the make up table and takes 2 hours to get ready...She is Ukrainian. If she jumps up and is ready to go in her pajamas...she is an American imposter. Be careful PASSED

:lol:

Yep she is all Ukrainian :D

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She could be one of those American women posing as Ukrainian to catch men. WARNING The tolerance of open windows is a red flag. Before you go any further I need you to do two tests

1. Give her 4" spike heels and if she falls off them while walking on cobblestones...she is an imposter! She should be able to do this for a least 3km if she is a true Ukrainian

2. When she is sleeping...wake her up and throw $300 on the bed. Tell her you are taking her to the mall. If she immediately gets up and goes to the make up table and takes 2 hours to get ready...She is Ukrainian. If she jumps up and is ready to go in her pajamas...she is an American imposter. Be careful

this is a flawed assessment. as an american citizen:

1. i can and do walk in spike designer heels on the cobblestone streets of philly for hours wasted without faltering.

2. if my husband throws me cash while sleeping, i'm going to wake up, give him some, then we'll both take 2 hours to get ready because he's as pretty as i am.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
I will take a shower. Shower and shave before bed, yes, a man should shave every day and it should be before bed, not in the morning. LOL

You know the saying, young men shave before bed, old men shave in the morning.

BTW I never shave.

Edited by BluesTraveler

1. i can and do walk in spike designer heels on the cobblestone streets of philly for hours wasted without faltering.

2. if my husband throws me cash while sleeping, i'm going to wake up, give him some, then we'll both take 2 hours to get ready because he's as pretty as i am.

And you wonder why you have a RUB husband. No American man's going to put up with that!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

1. Give her 4" spike heels and if she falls off them while walking on cobblestones...she is an imposter! She should be able to do this for a least 3km if she is a true Ukrainian

2. When she is sleeping...wake her up and throw $300 on the bed. Tell her you are taking her to the mall. If she immediately gets up and goes to the make up table and takes 2 hours to get ready...She is Ukrainian. If she jumps up and is ready to go in her pajamas...she is an American imposter. Be careful

I feel nauseous.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Sometimes Vika won't take any cash. She says "I have more than enough, and besides - you pay for everything when you go to the store (any store) with me anyway. So you keep it". I was very happy to find that about five seconds after we were married, she went from not caring much about money at all to carefully questioning every expense. Well, most expenses. Not much gets past her, and she is MUCH more frugal than me generally. She will absolutely pay top dollar for organic or natural stuff though, and I find using organic shampoo etc. isn't at all painful :)

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline
Wow. Hearing all these stories has made me realize how unique my fiancee is. I always knew she was special, I just never realized how special. She has no problem with having open windows or having a fan running to circulate air in a room. Has no problem with drinking cold drinks.

Though she did make the bed each morning at the hotel we stayed at, but that is something I had no problem with as I do it myself (force of habit) and my shoes are normally off as soon as I enter the apartment.

I don't think there will be a problem with washing and drying clothes in the tub, as she became very excited when she learned that we had a Washer and Dryer in the apartment here.

The only concern I have is using the balcony as a fridge. Hopefully that will not be too hard of a battle, though with 5 people in the apartment (one of them a teenage boy) I doubt there will be much leftovers after a meal :D

Dave CAUTION

1. Give her 4" spike heels and if she falls off them while walking on cobblestones...she is an imposter! She should be able to do this for a least 3km if she is a true Ukrainian PASSED

2. When she is sleeping...wake her up and throw $300 on the bed. Tell her you are taking her to the mall. If she immediately gets up and goes to the make up table and takes 2 hours to get ready...She is Ukrainian. If she jumps up and is ready to go in her pajamas...she is an American imposter. Be careful PASSED

Yep she is all Ukrainian :D

Whew...sigh of relief for Dave

Gary And Alla

Timeline
Sometimes Vika won't take any cash. She says "I have more than enough, and besides - you pay for everything when you go to the store (any store) with me anyway. So you keep it". I was very happy to find that about five seconds after we were married, she went from not caring much about money at all to carefully questioning every expense. Well, most expenses. Not much gets past her, and she is MUCH more frugal than me generally. She will absolutely pay top dollar for organic or natural stuff though, and I find using organic shampoo etc. isn't at all painful :)

Yes, there seems to be a duality of man here somewhere. On the one hand, alla goes to Russia/Ukraine this summer and takes $300. A month later she has taken no other money with her ATM card? I ask about this and she says she "has enough" But the 3 days before coming back she goes crazy? She will be very careful about spedning, very frugal, yes, but then will suddenly and without warning, splurge all of a sudden. And she would not give back any cash if I told her it was for the Mall. :lol: But she wouldn't buy anything that wasn't 40% off (minimum) It is a quandry.

I feel nauseous.

why? i thought you wanted high maintenance

High maintenance women, not men!

Gary And Alla

Yes, there seems to be a duality of man here somewhere. On the one hand, alla goes to Russia/Ukraine this summer and takes $300. A month later she has taken no other money with her ATM card? I ask about this and she says she "has enough" But the 3 days before coming back she goes crazy? She will be very careful about spedning, very frugal, yes, but then will suddenly and without warning, splurge all of a sudden. And she would not give back any cash if I told her it was for the Mall. :lol: But she wouldn't buy anything that wasn't 40% off (minimum) It is a quandry.

I feel nauseous.

Hmmm I don't really consider Oksana high maintenance. Her chassis is in perfect working order ;)

Timeline

I feel nauseous.

Hmmm I don't really consider Oksana high maintenance. Her chassis is in perfect working order ;)

We'll see Dave. Alla finaly has her new car (after practicing with an older model for a year...glad THAT is over) and has outfitted it with baskets for make-up, shoe polish, cleaning supplies and an extra pair of heels (which she just today switched for an extra pair of high heelded boots). I try to outfit the car with jumper cables and a snow shovel (it IS Vermont after all) and she objetcs! I figure she will ditch that van in a January snowstorm and when they retrieve her, she will be dead and frozen but looking DAMN GOOD! :lol: I'd probably still prefer her to American women.

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
We'll see Dave. Alla finaly has her new car (after practicing with an older model for a year...glad THAT is over) and has outfitted it with baskets for make-up, shoe polish, cleaning supplies and an extra pair of heels (which she just today switched for an extra pair of high heelded boots). I try to outfit the car with jumper cables and a snow shovel (it IS Vermont after all) and she objetcs! I figure she will ditch that van in a January snowstorm and when they retrieve her, she will be dead and frozen but looking DAMN GOOD! :lol:I'd probably still prefer her to American women.

This is so true! :thumbs:

We'll see Dave. Alla finaly has her new car (after practicing with an older model for a year...glad THAT is over) and has outfitted it with baskets for make-up, shoe polish, cleaning supplies and an extra pair of heels (which she just today switched for an extra pair of high heelded boots). I try to outfit the car with jumper cables and a snow shovel (it IS Vermont after all) and she objetcs! I figure she will ditch that van in a January snowstorm and when they retrieve her, she will be dead and frozen but looking DAMN GOOD! :lol:I'd probably still prefer her to American women.

This is so true! :thumbs:

you men are so jaded. stop crying :crying:

My wife doesn't have any spiked heels, but she is definitely all Ukrainian. I've got the pots in the refrigerator to prove it. :rofl:

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
My wife doesn't have any spiked heels, but she is definitely all Ukrainian. I've got the pots in the refrigerator to prove it. :rofl:

I still don't get it, what's the big deal with pots? are you telling me there is no American that keeps pots in their fridge? that's probably b/c you guys don't cook much :innocent:

Edited by Oksana81

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.