endoftheroad

Moon Day

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival 2009 (Moon Festival) is on Oct. 3rd. It is the 3rd biggest celebration in the Chinese calendar.

Whatcha doing?

Edited by endoftheroad

moving right along

Timeline

:D

Yes, I got the email.................. My friend David arranged the discount........

Don't let this special day past without showing you miss to your family and your lover.

Now you can choose Holiland,Ganso,Changfa,Haagen-Dazs and Starbucks mooncake at :

http://cnflowernet.com/mooncake.htm

Note: For delivery on time you'd better order beofre September 25th and we only accept mooncake order before September 30th .

Do it NOW is most welcome !

Wish you and your family happy Monn Day !

China flower net-deliver flowers anywhere in china

TEL:86-512-65776495

http://www.CNflowerNet.com

info@cnflowernet.com

Here is the webpage you must go to for a 10% discount, it will show up discounted on the very last checkout payment page:

http://www.CNflowerNet.com/index9.html

moving right along

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival 2009 (Moon Festival) is on Oct. 3rd. It is the 3rd biggest celebration in the Chinese calendar.

Whatcha doing?

:blink::wacko:

OHHHH!???? This SOUNDS important!!!! am I supossed to do something???... I just got that Valentines day thing down... :innocent:

NOW WHAT???

:crying::crying:

I-130 Submission to Interview - 162 days

NVC Out to P4 - 86 days

2009-02-02 Nanning Wedding

USCIS Journey - 1 MONTH

2009-03-04 : I-130 Sent

NVC Journey- 7 WEEKS

2009-04-02 : NOA2, I130 Sent to NVC

DHL Journey- 7 WEEKs

2009-05-19 : NVC Out

Embassy Journey - 6 WEEKS

2009-07-06 : CR1 Delivered to Guangzhou

2009-08-13 : Visa Approved !!!!

2009-09-12 : US Entry JFK

My fiance's from Taiwan and they celebrate this too.

I tried mooncakes last year when I was down in the US at this time.

The ones we got were so small, and interesting flavours.

I think we got green tea, plum, red bean and... chocolate? I dont remember exactly.

They were really good, and really pretty.

We got them from a Chinese bakery in the area.

They also make awesome bread and cake to die for.

Edited by Rhiann

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

I'll be deplaning... then whisked away to a family get together.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Whatcha doing?

:blink::wacko:

OHHHH!???? This SOUNDS important!!!! am I supossed to do something???... I just got that Valentines day thing down... :innocent:

NOW WHAT???

:crying::crying:

Just get some mooncakes. Hint: moonpies don't cut it but could be funny!

moving right along

Timeline

Ok, so here's the deal with mooncakes. Depending on each family tradition mooncakes are either 1) a nice little part of the celebration or 2) like the fruit cake your elderly aunt gave you in 1983 (which has long since petrified) that is passed around each year as a 'gift'.

Timeline
Ok, so here's the deal with mooncakes. Depending on each family tradition mooncakes are either 1) a nice little part of the celebration or 2) like the fruit cake your elderly aunt gave you in 1983 (which has long since petrified) that is passed around each year as a 'gift'.

mooncakes are a big deal in central china. the more decorative the packaging the more you impress the recipient with a sense of your relation to them. red and gold packaging with small greasy cakes of atrocious flavours that cannot be eaten, but would be reasonably good for use as a fire starter are to be expected. grease was a valuable commodity during hard times in the cultural memory, so the greasier the cake the more impressive it is. ditto for sugar.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Timeline
mooncakes are

....~.....

small greasy cakes of atrocious flavours that cannot be eaten, but would be reasonably good for use as a fire starter are to be expected. grease was a valuable commodity during hard times in the cultural memory, so the greasier the cake the more impressive it is. ditto for sugar.

:blink: NFW!!!

Eat it or burn it as needed??? :wacko:

Something worse than my aunts fruit cake, which can do neither?

WOAH!!!!!

NVC Out to P4 - 86 days

USCIS Journey - 1 MONTH

NVC Journey- 7 WEEKS

DHL Journey- 7 WEEKs

Timeline

Whatcha doing?

So this is a gift I give to someone else, and pray I don't recieve?

OR

I take my new wife to a suitable shoppee :whistle: and show her I know these are important by insisting we buy some?

NVC Out to P4 - 86 days

USCIS Journey - 1 MONTH

NVC Journey- 7 WEEKS

DHL Journey- 7 WEEKs

Timeline

Whatcha doing?

So this is a gift I give to someone else, and pray I don't recieve?

OR

I take my new wife to a suitable shoppee :whistle: and show her I know these are important by insisting we buy some?

I like mooncakes, very tasty! Go to your local Chinese grocer and buy a couple and surprise her. :thumbs:

240px-Moon_Cakes.jpg

Most mooncakes consist of a thin tender skin enveloping a sweet, dense filling. The mooncake may contain one or more whole salted egg yolks in its center to symbolize the full moon. Very rarely, mooncakes are also served steamed or fried.

Traditional mooncakes have an imprint on top consisting of the Chinese characters for "longevity" or "harmony" as well as the name of the bakery and the filling in the moon cake. Imprints of the moon, the Chang'e woman on the moon, flowers, vines, or a rabbit (symbol of the moon) may surround the characters for additional decoration.

Mooncakes are considered a delicacy; production is labor-intensive and few people make them at home. Most mooncakes are bought at Asian markets and bakeries. The price of mooncakes usually ranges from $10 to $50 (in US dollars) for a box of four although cheaper and more expensive mooncakes can also be found.

Then again I like a small portion of fruitcake ever holiday too. Like eggnog etc., it's something you do for that holiday. Festive!!

moving right along

Timeline
Then again I like a small portion of fruitcake ever holiday too. Like eggnog etc., it's something you do for that holiday. Festive!!

eggnog has another feature....it mixes with sherry, whiskey and brandy!!!! :devil:

NVC Out to P4 - 86 days

USCIS Journey - 1 MONTH

NVC Journey- 7 WEEKS

DHL Journey- 7 WEEKs

Timeline

eggnog has another feature....it mixes with sherry, whiskey and brandy!!!! :devil:

you can always dunk your mooncake, it has egg like the nog! let us know if you get some mooncake.

moving right along

Timeline

Finally ordered:

MD962009249044454750375031385.jpg

[Description]:Net content: 400g(4×100g)

Taste configuration: red husked lotus and 5 kinds of nuts 100g*2; egg and red husked lotus 100g*2

Holiland is the well-know brand in China, and is the largest mooncake tradesman.

$29.95, plus $5 for more extravagant packaging (it's all in the presentation), minus the CFL discount, totaled $31. Will be delivered on 10/1 National Day in China.

Smiles on my family's faces, PRICELESS. :wub::wub:

moving right along

We have moon cakes in Japan as well!

They are of course originally from China, but were changed in a Japanese way.

No egg yolk inside and tastes a little different.

Immigration Process (DCF Japan)

08/06/2008 I-130 petition at Tokyo, Japan

08/13/2008 I-130 approved

|

| Waited until we were ready to move back

|

07/13/2009 IV interview at Tokyo, Japan

07/15/2009 IV(IR-1) in hand

Post-DCF

07/29/2009 POE at Las Vegas

08/17/2009 GC(10yrs) received

Click here for the detailed timeline.

Done with USCIS until

- naturalization in May 2012 or

- GC replacement in February 2019

CXmLm7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.