Should I be concerned?

130 posts in this topic

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey how did she live before she met u?

abby n sheryl

She is 33 years old, and worked in hospital before we met. That is the reason money has become an issue. She made it on far less money before.

i can only say one thing that if u r having a problem now before marry her then after marrying her it will be more headache so u need to talk to her now before it goes out of hands, abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

abby n sheryl

She is 33 years old, and worked in hospital before we met. That is the reason money has become an issue. She made it on far less money before.

i can only say one thing that if u r having a problem now before marry her then after marrying her it will be more headache so u need to talk to her now before it goes out of hands, abby n sheryl

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

abby n sheryl

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thank you for responses. I am passing up sleep to talk to her again over this tonight. I appreciate the input.

you definitely need to be concerned about the whole situation. it sounds like she is spending money left and right without even thinking of how hard the economy is. you really need to resolve this issue before you bring her to america, if you dont , this will cause future problems and might even get worse. good luck

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
This is not a bash anyone thread.. It is a genuine question if missing something in the culture. I am embarrassed to even ask this.

I give my fiancée 300 american dollars for support each month. It is never enough though. I realize 300 a month is not a great deal, but should be enough to live on or am I way off here? It is starting to really hurt our relationship at this point because within 15 days she has gone through the 300 this month, and asking for more even though have asked her to budget money since I am sadly not a rich man. Would someone please illuminate the situation? :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Sorry but you have a scammer or VERY high priced pinay.

My wife made $148 US a month and supported her mom and dad and her daughter.

Have you met her?

Aloha Haole...Nice ulua! Although the picture - you no Haole :-). Anyway I concur..$300 can support a small family / month. As others suggested she could be sharing with the family. However in my experience asking for more is uncharacteristic. Your gut is giving you a feeling. Trust it. Discuss it. If you feel uncomfortable with her responses then you have to make a call. It could get worse later. Oh the power of Love for a woman...I don't want you to sleep with one eye open after your married if ya know what I mean....good luck

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-18

USCIS Cashes Check: 2009-07-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-23

Touch: 2009-10-19

I-129F RFE(s) : NONE

RFE Reply(s) : NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-28

NVC Received : 2009-11-02

NVC Left : 2009-11-04

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

$300 is already a big amount here in the Philippines if you know how to budget. My fiance started giving me money this september bec i resigned from work for many reasons and he is giving me $140 dollars a month(for my share in our apt, food,daily needs). I really budget it bec i dont want to ask money from my fiance. It will be better if you talk to her in a nice way. Good luck to you and i hope all your questions will be answered soon. God Bless!!

April 4, 2009: K1 petition sent to VSC

April 7, 2009: Received by USCIS(VSC)

April 11, 2009: NOA1 hard copy received by my fiance through mail

August 24, 2009: Touched and it says that Petition for Alien Fiancee was approved dated August 23, 2009

August 25, 2009: Touched again

August 28, 2009: Received by NVC

August 29, 2009: NOA2 hardcopy received by my fiance through mail

September 1, 2009: Fiance called at NVC (Under Additional Processing)

October 01, 2009: NVC left(Praise the Lord!!)

October 15, 2009: Interview...VISA APPROVED!!!

October 21, 2009: Received text from Air21 that my Visa will be delivered soon

October 22, 2009: VISA RECEIVED!!!

GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME

300 dollars is a lot for 14 days..

how old is she?

my fiance sometimes sends me some money, and if i just keep spending, yes it can easily be spent in as little as 14 days ..but you have to let her know that you want to save up, be open with each other. Maybe she expects you to be just overly generous with her.

Tell her you want to save up since there are a lot of expenses to come, don't be afraid to tell her and tell her the money is for her not for everyone! but be gentle with that too though lol, and a boarding house? thats actually cheap and paid every month, if she rented an entire room it would probably run around $60-70 but if she has roomates... thats way too much.

i think you should be concerned with how she's spending. I think you sending her this much every 15 days, that's overwhelming she must seem like she's giving some people a lending hand at the expense of your pocket. Or she could be just shopping way too much for very expensive stuff and dining at expensive places. Let her know she's ypur princess but she doesnt have to live like it financially without thinking about you.

This is not a bash anyone thread.. It is a genuine question if missing something in the culture. I am embarrassed to even ask this.

I give my fiancée 300 american dollars for support each month. It is never enough though. I realize 300 a month is not a great deal, but should be enough to live on or am I way off here? It is starting to really hurt our relationship at this point because within 15 days she has gone through the 300 this month, and asking for more even though have asked her to budget money since I am sadly not a rich man. Would someone please illuminate the situation? :crying::crying::crying::crying:

Sorry but you have a scammer or VERY high priced pinay.

My wife made $148 US a month and supported her mom and dad and her daughter.

Have you met her?

I have met her. We spent almost three weeks together in the Philippines. To the others in the thread she is currently not working. So I am doing full support for her.

I have asked her to breakdown expenses, and have only received guesstimates on expenses. Then when have gone into it further. She told me had paid for a birthday party and gifts also. She has no children. This is really causing pain at this point because do love her, but the lack of responsibility with money pains me. 300 dollars seems excessive in 14 days. I fear she has given her mother money to get involved in a networking scam over there. As well as giving money to everyone in the family. I really do not know for positive though, and it pains me to ponder these questions. Would just rather address this now than 6 months down the road. We are to the point that just filed for 129f.

Edit: She is paying for a boarding room. She is leaving there this month, and it is provincial, and not Manila or Cebu.

I am looking to see if my concerns are just in my head, or if there is reason to be concerned. I am not trying to bash her or anything of the sort, or grab attention. Thank you for the replies.

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Filed: Timeline

$300 a month is more than enough in the Philippines if you don't have kids to take care of, specially if you don't live int the city. Maybe you should lay your cards on the table about your finances, and be firm about the money that you will give her every month. Let her know that it is the maximum amount that you can give her as an allowance , she should know how to budget.

$300 a month is more than enough in the Philippines if you don't have kids to take care of, specially if you don't live int the city. Maybe you should lay your cards on the table about your finances, and be firm about the money that you will give her every month. Let her know that it is the maximum amount that you can give her as an allowance , she should know how to budget.

i agree with this answer..

my fiance give me allowance but i never asked,

but he told my parents i am his responsibility now

i know how hard it is to earn money still

it depends on the need..but on a regular basis..

a 200 dollor allowance is more than enough..

Adjustment Of Status
Jan. 20/2010 - mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131(FEDex)
Jan. 25/2010 - delivered signed by: JCHYBA (received date)
Feb. 01/2010 - AOS NOA1 date
Feb. 03/2010 - case status online last updated for I-485,I-765,I-131
Feb. 05/2010 - received mail NOA1 for I-485,I-765,I-131
Feb. 16/2010 -transferred this case I485 to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER
Feb. 24/2010 -BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT NOTICE RECEIVED.
March 23/2010 -approved 131
March 24/2010 BIOMETRICS SCHEDULE 1:00PM
March 24, 2010 I-765 EAD - approved!
March 29/2010 EAD received!
April 29/2010 USCIS updated change of address from TX TO MS
July 7,2010 MY FIRST ULTRASOUND -->> WE ARE HAVING A BABY GIRL!!!!
July 14,2010
The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made.
JULY 27,2010 AOS APPROVED
AUG.12/2010 CHANGE ADDRESS THRU FON AND FILED AR-11
AUG.16/2010 RECEIVED LETTER FROM USCIS THEY ACKNOWLEDGE THE CHANGE OF ADDRESS.
AUG.17/2010 - GREENCARD AT LAST!
Nov.18,2010 - Bouncing baby girl named ARIELLE FINES CAMPBELL!
April 2012 - Lifting of condition (1-751)
May 2012 - Due- welcoming our 2ND Baby and it's a Boy!

f2sh5xp.png

April 1,2013 -permanent resident card received!

August -->>> N-400!!!! can't wait!

Filed: Country:
Timeline

My wife is always agruing with me about money....

She says I send too much and she gets upset when there's unexpected expenses.

She has figured-out a monthly budget which includes money for telephone & DSL (1,000Php), Electric (2,500Php which is high because I had AirCon installed there), Groceries (8,000Php which includes diapers & milk for the little guy). She lives with her Mom so there is no rent and Mom also covers some of the groceries) then there is the misc expenses like LOD for her cell phone and trike fare to get around.

I have to insist that she treats herself on occassion and even then she argues about it and insists that she is okay without.

She get frustrated when people around her come to her asking for money because they assume she's rich simply for having an American husband.

My wife has always insisted on telling me what her budget is and even wants to send me coies of the receipts.

Communications is key to building a solid relationship. If she isn't communicating with you now wy would you expect that to ever change?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

$300 is more than enough if you don't live in the city. You need to talk to her about what you feel. Be open to her and tell her to budget the money you are sending. But if she really cares, she should know how to spend the money wisely, right?

AOS Process

2010-12-30------------Sent I-485, I-765, & I-131

2011-01-10------------Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, & AP

2011-01-18------------Biometrics letter received

2011-02-07------------Case transferred to CSC

2011-02-10------------Biometrics in Detroit

2011-02-28------------Permanent Resident Card Production Ordered

2011-03-07------------Green Card and Welcome Letter received

7zglumjya7rwu.png

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
My wife is always agruing with me about money....

She says I send too much and she gets upset when there's unexpected expenses.

She has figured-out a monthly budget which includes money for telephone & DSL (1,000Php), Electric (2,500Php which is high because I had AirCon installed there), Groceries (8,000Php which includes diapers & milk for the little guy). She lives with her Mom so there is no rent and Mom also covers some of the groceries) then there is the misc expenses like LOD for her cell phone and trike fare to get around.

I have to insist that she treats herself on occassion and even then she argues about it and insists that she is okay without.

She get frustrated when people around her come to her asking for money because they assume she's rich simply for having an American husband.

My wife has always insisted on telling me what her budget is and even wants to send me coies of the receipts.

Communications is key to building a solid relationship. If she isn't communicating with you now wy would you expect that to ever change?

. we are same with ur wife.. My hubby send me too much money here.. 2x a month, I keep arguing to him also..

300$ here or more is big already.. I know how to budget money, that why all the extra money i put into our savings account. I don't pay my rent coz i am here at my parents house. while i am waiting for my visa..

Me too.. I get frustrated when people borrow money to me, they thought i am rich coz my hubby is a foreigner.

But i don't tolerate them, i told them that my hubby is not rich he work hard there.. he is not seating pretty in the states.. he work like a dog and cow.. that is why all the money that he sent to me.. i really value that.

even he never ask me, what i did in the money he sent. i am the one tell him that i buy this one or whatever. and he don't care. but for me.. as my husband its a respect even he never ask me what i did in the money that he sent..

ever since we been gf/bf and get married. i never never ask money.. it ashamed really..

to make the story short.. i am KURIPOT talaga hehehe..

I agree with you communication is the BEST.

god bless

Edited by Shiela-Todd

Timeline for my Mother

April 19, 2013 - submit the form I-130

April 22, 2013 - Receive the NOA1

July 29, 2013 - Approved NOA2 ( 82 working days)

July 30, 2013 - USCIS shipped my documents to NVC

Aug 5, 2013 - Arrived at NVC Building

Aug 13, 2013 - Got the NVC case # via PHONE

Aug 14, 2013 - Got the Invoice # via PHONE

Aug 15, 2013 - Send my DS-3032 via Email

Aug 16, 2013 - AOS Pay

Aug 17, 2013 - Got an email to print the COVER SHEET

Aug 21, 2013 - send the AOS overnight at NVC

Aug 28, 2013 - Accept the DS-3032

Aug 30, 2013 - IV BILL pay and Documents Sent to NVC receive the checklist AOS.

September 19, 2013 Sent back the checklist

September 20, 2013 Sept 26, arrived @ NVC

Sept 30,2013 - already encode to their system

ADVANCE MEDICAL @ St. Luke - SEPTEMBER 23, 2013

CASE COMPLETE AS OF TODAY : OCTOBER 23,2013

NOVEMBER 1 , 2013 -Documents left at NVC - Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center

NOVEMBER 4, 2013 Delivered - Signed for by : CEZAR NARTEA

NOVEMBER 5, 2013 - CEAC Case Creation Date: 13-Aug-2013 Status Updated Date: 05-Nov-2013 Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received interview scheduling instructions.

DECEMBER 09, 2013 INTERVIEW DATE FOR MY MOTHER ( scheduled by NVC)

RESCHEDULED ONLINE for my mother interview early, NOVEMBER 18, 2013 - PASSED THE INTERVIEW!!!

11-18-2013 ceac -AP

11-20-2013 ceac - READY

11-21-2013 ceac - ISSUED

11-25-2013 -2go -- transit

11-26-2013 - VISA ON HAND

12-05-2013 - scheduled fly to USA.

You aren't her boyfriend. You are an income. You are probably not her only income. Get away from this situation without sending any more money.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

We don't know the whole story here, maybe she is helping a family member, maybe she has a shopping problem, maybe she has a lot of debts in the past. The OP should dig deeper on financial issues because if he tolerates this two weeks huge expense - he will regret it in the future. If the fiancee get used to having a lot of money, she will treat him as a BANK. She will not take into consideration the hardship of working, the recession etc. I think he has to tell the fiancee to have an accounting of the monthly expenses (my opinion only). I've read that she is working so the money coming here is just an additional to her budget so she should be really well off now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.