jeigra

what to bring with me at AOS interview

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi,everyone!I've received the AOS Interview notice from USCIS and things to bring at the interview. This is one of the things they want me to bring:

> Interview Notice and Government issued photo identification

In the letter,it was written that every adult must bring a Government-issued photo identification, such as a driver's license or ID card,in order to enter the building and to verify his/her name at the time of interview. In my case, I don't have any government-issued photo identification yet except my passport from the Philippines. Does this mean I have to apply now for an I.D.?I already have a SSN but in my maiden name.I applied for a California I.D before but they did not permit me to have one and told me to come back when I have my greencard :( . It will take several weeks to change everything from my maiden name to married name. Is my passport and EAD card (it has my photo) enough for them to verify me at the interview? please help..thank you so much.. :)

Don't think you need to worry. I think your passport from your country will be accepted as it is a Government issued from the Philippines.

My AOS is also pending when did you send your package??

Oh, and good luck on your upcoming interview.

12/30/05 - married

7/14/06 - sent I-130

7/18/06 - notice of arrival I-130

8/03/09 - received approval I-130

7/28/09 - sent AOS package

7/29/09 - arrived Chicago lockbox

8/05/09 - touched

8/07/09 - received notice of arrival I-485

8/07/09 - received Biometrics appoitment notice for 9/2/09

8/22/09 - did walk-in biometrics (in/out within 30 minutes)

8/25/09 - touched

10/23/09 - received interview appoitment letter for 11/24/09

11/24/09 - Interview - approved received I-551 stamp

11/25/09 - received email from USCIS - card production ordered

11/28/09 - received welcome letter from USCIS (by mail)

11/30/09 - received email from USCIS - card production ordered

12/02/09 - received email from USCIS - I-1485 approval noticed mailed out

12/03/09 - touched

12/05/09 - received 10 year green card in the mail, Thank you Jesus

hi,everyone!I've received the AOS Interview notice from USCIS and things to bring at the interview. This is one of the things they want me to bring:

In the letter,it was written that every adult must bring a Government-issued photo identification, such as a driver's license or ID card,in order to enter the building and to verify his/her name at the time of interview. In my case, I don't have any government-issued photo identification yet except my passport from the Philippines. Does this mean I have to apply now for an I.D.?I already have a SSN but in my maiden name.I applied for a California I.D before but they did not permit me to have one and told me to come back when I have my greencard :( . It will take several weeks to change everything from my maiden name to married name. Is my passport and EAD card (it has my photo) enough for them to verify me at the interview? please help..thank you so much.. :)

Passport will work fine!! EAD is a plus. They are BOTH government issued!!!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

thank you guys for the fast reply!!! :) They received my AOS package last July 23,2009 and our interview date will be on October 20..Hope everything will turn out right..Thanks again! :)

Edited by jeigra

i got in with my paasport from uk and ead card. :thumbs: by the way ca dl, you can get one with your ead card. as long as its still valid for at least 90 days. :thumbs: its how i got my temp licence already. next step driving test. :wacko:

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Timeline
thank you guys for the fast reply!!! :) They received my AOS package last July 23,2009 and our interview date will be on October 20..Hope everything will turn out right..Thanks again! :)

i got in with my paasport from uk and ead card. :thumbs: by the way ca dl, you can get one with your ead card. as long as its still valid for at least 90 days. :thumbs: its how i got my temp licence already. next step driving test. :wacko:

oh really?!If I can get a temporary driver's license with the EAD card that means I can get a California ID..thanks for the advice!I'll try it tomorrow..thanks

oh really?!If I can get a temporary driver's license with the EAD card that means I can get a California ID..thanks for the advice!I'll try it tomorrow..thanks

Lots of States have photo ID cards even if you don't qualify for a DL, or don't want one. It's the same as a DL in terms of an "approved State ID", but just doesn't give you driving privilages. Some States, it's really hard to get a DL without a GC, but you should be able to get a State Photo ID.

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.