Richard_y_Abi

AOS Affadavit of Support is my sister, but we live in another apartment

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

It is me again, but this time, I have some questions about filing for my wife, and children's Residency Permit.

1. I have lived, with my then fiance, in Mexico for a few years now. We have lived very poorly, with a few exceptions. What income that we have had has been scarce. I have not filed income tax for 3 years. We have lived off the money that we made selling things in flea markets near our home. We also received money from my participation in new drug trials, and from loans from my sister and her husband.

Can my sister and her husband be the only ones supporting us? Now that I am back in the states, I will find work to meet the requirements, but until then, how should we file for this?

2. We have rented an apartment, and it is in both our names. My sister and her husband do not plan to move ever. Since their address is our permanant address, do we need to file for a change of address.

3. Our son is not registered with the government, and came here on a Mexican visa. He is also mine. Can we file here for his birth, and how?

4. Do we pay all the fees at once with the AOS, including the filing fee fot the form $70?

Filed: Timeline

After reading my post, I want to clarify a few things.

Since my son has two citizenships, but we did not register him with the Consulate in Hermosillo, and since we were able to get him a Mexican Passport, and bring him here as a derivative on a K-1/K-2 Visa application, what must we do now to register his birth abroad? Can we do it here in the United States? I do believe that it is illegal to register him for a GC, since he has US citizenship, although he is not registered yet.

The other question that I had asked about paying for the AOS refers to the fees. We have to send in a Biometric fee, and fees for Abi and our boys. Since each person in my family has to have their own AOS application submitted, do we pay for each application, having separate payments for each? And, do we send in a separate payment for the biometric fee?

Referring to the Vaccinations, can we go to our local department of health to obtain these vaccinations, and then bring proof to the designated physician? Do the kids need more shots? We enrolled them in school, and were told what shots that they needed to enroll into school. Do these (school) requirements match the requirements of the AOS application?

Thanks for everything. And, someone suggested that I write a review for others, describing our journey and all its' details. I will be doing that real soon. Thanks for the suggestion. If we can help one person, then it will be worth the time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I´d suggest you read the guides concerning the affidavit, ´cus you´ll have to file one even if you don´t meet the requirements, and then your sister will be your co-sponsor. So either way you´ll have to fill out the papers and send in your tax info, meaning you need to be up to date with your obligations.

Your co-sponsor doesn´t have to live at the same address as you, so it doesn´t matter that the addresses are different.

I dunno the procedures to get your son his US citizenship, other members might be able to help you.

To file for AOS, you´ll be paying the AOS fee + the biometric fee, and yes, it´s all at once. And it´s one biometric fee per immigrant, if your son is coming on a K2 it´s gonna be two biometric fees. I´m not 100% if the AOS will be separate for each one or the same as the K1, where the kid was included.

You can indeed get all vacines at a local health post, then take the card to the civil surgeon designated by the embassy, so he can transfer it all to an official form, and he´s the one who´ll be able to tell which vaccines are required.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
After reading my post, I want to clarify a few things.

Since my son has two citizenships, but we did not register him with the Consulate in Hermosillo, and since we were able to get him a Mexican Passport, and bring him here as a derivative on a K-1/K-2 Visa application, what must we do now to register his birth abroad? Can we do it here in the United States? I do believe that it is illegal to register him for a GC, since he has US citizenship, although he is not registered yet.

The other question that I had asked about paying for the AOS refers to the fees. We have to send in a Biometric fee, and fees for Abi and our boys. Since each person in my family has to have their own AOS application submitted, do we pay for each application, having separate payments for each? And, do we send in a separate payment for the biometric fee?

Referring to the Vaccinations, can we go to our local department of health to obtain these vaccinations, and then bring proof to the designated physician? Do the kids need more shots? We enrolled them in school, and were told what shots that they needed to enroll into school. Do these (school) requirements match the requirements of the AOS application?

Thanks for everything. And, someone suggested that I write a review for others, describing our journey and all its' details. I will be doing that real soon. Thanks for the suggestion. If we can help one person, then it will be worth the time.

US citizens, your son, do not need an adjustment of status. He did not need a visa either. I would go with the CRBA and just get him his US citizenship which he is entitled to.

Otherwise the AOS fee is $1010 for your wife and $600 for the child (under age 14) if filed at the same time. There is no separate payment for the biometric fee. Make one check for all. There is no biometric fee for a child under age 14.

Yes, any physician can give the vaccinations, a CS must transcribe the information onto the vaccination supplement. There is at least one doctor in Texas that does this by mail for a very reasonable fee.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.