http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/loca...parated13m.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------

April 21, 2010 - AOS/AP/EAD Received in Chicago

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Interesting article. I think that's awesome that there's a place they can meet. A couple of quotes I found funny:

"But those who are living abroad — including in Canada — usually must remain there during the processing, which can take six months or longer." :lol:

And one from the comment section:

"This is absurd.

There are not that many Canadians. So what if ALL of them (except the terrorists living there) want to come live in the US? That would add, what, another 10 million people. Big deal!!" :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Interesting article. I think that's awesome that there's a place they can meet. A couple of quotes I found funny:

"But those who are living abroad — including in Canada — usually must remain there during the processing, which can take six months or longer." :lol:

And one from the comment section:

"This is absurd.

There are not that many Canadians. So what if ALL of them (except the terrorists living there) want to come live in the US? That would add, what, another 10 million people. Big deal!!" :lol:

Hahah, yea 10 million. We have over 30 million with no health insurance!! More people in the US are uninsured (health) than the population of Canada! Where is the concern about that??

Timeline
Hahah, yea 10 million. We have over 30 million with no health insurance!! More people in the US are uninsured (health) than the population of Canada! Where is the concern about that??

Over here in the Canada Forum! :lol:

Haha +1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That is really sad! Even though they weren't very smart in planning their visits and affirming her ties to Canada, a 6 month ban seems rather harsh!

Timeline
the comments sure are interesting :blink::wacko:

Yes, the comments are worth reading. Wow!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

She didn't tell them she was married to an American and when they searched her car they found the marriage certificate and questioned her.

Together: 10/10/2001 - current

The Process, Part 1

09/09/09 - I-129F sent certified mail express to CSC.

09/10/09 - I-129F received and signed for by INS Express Mail.

09/11/09 - NOA1 notice date.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
She didn't tell them she was married to an American and when they searched her car they found the marriage certificate and questioned her.

Lie by omission perhaps.

Yeah krikit, I was wondering the same thing.

Timeline

Lie by omission perhaps.

Well, we really don't know what she did or, did not tell them. It's not like you can depend on news organizations to give you the complete story. Having said that, it's not like you can depend on people (her) to recount what really happened correctly either - she may have her own agenda now that the door has slammed shut for 6 months. And, you're unlikely to see CBP come on here and tell their side of the story.

Sadly, she made some errors or assumptions and now she's banned. I don't agree with the ban for 6 months but I really don't know the full story, neither does the Seattle Times and neither do the members of VJ.

My fiancée from Canada was just here two weeks ago for the weekend. I always ask her to carry the NOA1 & NOA2 along with the supporting documentation when crossing. I will now provide her with the NVC Letter stating our approved petition is being forwarded to the Vancouver Consulate for further processing - for what thats worth. She could be turned back at the border on one of her future trips to visit me because, at the end of the day, it's up to the individual CBP officer to make the decision to admit her. It's as arbitrary as whether or not you get a speeding ticket that day if you're stopped by the Police. I would imagine, like the Police, CBP officers come in all shapes and sizes and attitudes towards enforcement. It can be a roll of the dice that day.

In any case, I wish her the best.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Lie by omission perhaps.

Well, we really don't know what she did or, did not tell them. It's not like you can depend on news organizations to give you the complete story. Having said that, it's not like you can depend on people (her) to recount what really happened correctly either - she may have her own agenda now that the door has slammed shut for 6 months. And, you're unlikely to see CBP come on here and tell their side of the story.

Sadly, she made some errors or assumptions and now she's banned. I don't agree with the ban for 6 months but I really don't know the full story, neither does the Seattle Times and neither do the members of VJ.

My fiancée from Canada was just here two weeks ago for the weekend. I always ask her to carry the NOA1 & NOA2 along with the supporting documentation when crossing. I will now provide her with the NVC Letter stating our approved petition is being forwarded to the Vancouver Consulate for further processing - for what thats worth. She could be turned back at the border on one of her future trips to visit me because, at the end of the day, it's up to the individual CBP officer to make the decision to admit her. It's as arbitrary as whether or not you get a speeding ticket that day if you're stopped by the Police. I would imagine, like the Police, CBP officers come in all shapes and sizes and attitudes towards enforcement. It can be a roll of the dice that day.

In any case, I wish her the best.

That is why I said 'perhaps' and 'wondering' - we are wondering because we don't have all the facts.

But are you saying that some media reporting is biased and sometimes they don't tell the whole story!! :o

Edited by trailmix

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.