nurse1967

I can't seem to find the answer to this ANYWHERE

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ok maybe some of you AP in Cairo veterans can answer this question for me. Hubby came out of AP on September 7th. When I contacted the embassy they said that we were in final consul review and we should receive the visa shortly. That has been almost a week now and I have no idea what to expect. Are we talking 2 weeks? A month? What have been experiences in the past? Thanks!!

Betsy El Sum

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Ok maybe some of you AP in Cairo veterans can answer this question for me. Hubby came out of AP on September 7th. When I contacted the embassy they said that we were in final consul review and we should receive the visa shortly. That has been almost a week now and I have no idea what to expect. Are we talking 2 weeks? A month? What have been experiences in the past? Thanks!!

Well in fact when it comes to the clean version of hell ''USA embassy in cairo'' you can't expect anything .

I have been under AP since of March .and i'm outta AP since the end of July .

They asked for my passport and i sent it to them on Aug,2,2009.

every time i send them an email to ask about my status they say '' the case is pending consular officer's final review'' .it has been over than 6 weeks.

some people get it after 2 ,4,6,8...weeks.every case is different.0

I hope you will hear good news soon.

Good luck and my best wishes for you

Mohamed

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

Well isn't that depressing news?? You would think that once you are out of AP that they would bust their butts to get the visa to you. Do you call the DOS and email the embassy regularly? Sorry to hear you have had that much trouble

Betsy El Sum

Timeline
Well isn't that depressing news?? You would think that once you are out of AP that they would bust their butts to get the visa to you. Do you call the DOS and email the embassy regularly? Sorry to hear you have had that much trouble

Yeah i know its really depressing news .but we can't do anything about it .

yeah i call DOS and I email the embassy about 2 times a week.

Every time i call DOS they say I'm still under AP.Every time i Email the embassy or call them they say '' the case is pending CO review''. and i think the DOS will keep saying under AP till the embassy issue the visa .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

Well that is interesting because the DOS has told me on two different occassions that we came out of AP on September 7th. But at this point Cairo is still saying "under final consul review". Wonder why the DOS keeps telling you you are in AP?

Betsy El Sum

Unfortunately, no one can give you the exact answer.... AP varies ,sometimes it takes weeks, months or even years. (:

Try to contact them often and show them that you care.

Good Luck

Timeline
Well that is interesting because the DOS has told me on two different occassions that we came out of AP on September 7th. But at this point Cairo is still saying "under final consul review". Wonder why the DOS keeps telling you you are in AP?

I really don't know why the DOS keep saying that to me .but i sent so many Emails to the USA embassy and i asked them if I'm still under AP or I'm under CO review .They told me that I'm under CO review.i even called them and i explained what the DOS told me .they said if we sent you an email saying your case is pending CO review .so its pending CO review .!!!!!!!!

somehow i believe them cause i have seen many cases like mine .the DOS told them under AP and the embassy told them CO review .a few days later when they called DOS to check on their status they said that the embassy printed their visas .

Which mean they will keep saying under AP to me i guess till the embassy issue the visa.

The funny thing about that process is i have been under AP since March .which mean they have all of my papers since more than 6 months .why the heck they didn't review it in these 6 months ?!!!!! plus they asked for my passport on July,30,2009.which mean since over than 6 weeks .isn't that enough to review some papers?!!!!!!!

they really need to know that we are sick of waiting .enough is enough !!!!!!!!

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I really don't know why the DOS keep saying that to me .but i sent so many Emails to the USA embassy and i asked them if I'm still under AP or I'm under CO review .They told me that I'm under CO review.i even called them and i explained what the DOS told me .they said if we sent you an email saying your case is pending CO review .so its pending CO review .!!!!!!!!

somehow i believe them cause i have seen many cases like mine .the DOS told them under AP and the embassy told them CO review .a few days later when they called DOS to check on their status they said that the embassy printed their visas .

Which mean they will keep saying under AP to me i guess till the embassy issue the visa.

The funny thing about that process is i have been under AP since March .which mean they have all of my papers since more than 6 months .why the heck they didn't review it in these 6 months ?!!!!! plus they asked for my passport on July,30,2009.which mean since over than 6 weeks .isn't that enough to review some papers?!!!!!!!

I'm with you, Hot Guy. I want to puke thinking that my case is collecting dust on someone's desk. :angry:

All these months they did nothing with your case. It was probably undergoing background check in the States. Once background is cleared they have to take a final look at your case. And, now CO is just busy...

Best,

luzhok

Timeline

I'm with you, Hot Guy. I want to puke thinking that my case is collecting dust on someone's desk. :angry:

All these months they did nothing with your case. It was probably undergoing background check in the States. Once background is cleared they have to take a final look at your case. And, now CO is just busy...

Best,

luzhok

Its really the worst part of the journey .and i really am sick of waiting .

I hope that you will hear good news soon .

Mohamed

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
Just wanted to let you know that hubby has visa in hand as of today!!! I can't even believe it!!!

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Betsy Congratulations.

please write down ur husbands interview date and his visa issue date.

NATURALIZATION Timelines.
09-23-2013 N-400 Sent
09-25-2013 N-400 Delivered
09-26-2013 Priority Date
10-1-2013 Acceptance Email/Text
10-1-2013 Check Cashed
10-04-2013 Received Receipt
10-7-2013 Finger Print Letter received
10-28-2013 Finger Print Date
10-29-2013 Status Changed to Inline for interview
11-06-2013 Interview scheduled
11-09-2013 Interview Letter Received
11-25-2013 Yellow Letter to bring Drivers License,
12-12-13. Interview Date /// Approved
12-16-2013 In-line for oath Scheduling
4-16-2014 Text/Email that Scheduled For oath ceremony
4-19-2014 Received Oath Letter
5-16-2014 , Oath Ceremony, I am a New Citizen. Thanks Allah.
Notice to everyone reading my Naturalization Timeline
That it took me 5 months to have oath after the interview is only because i requested for a name change,
this is what delayed my case by months

4th Sep 2009 Interview ISL Embassy
Administrative Processing Starts
28 April 2010 AP completed just out of blue.
30 April 2010 Visa received

21 Months Total from start to VISA received

8 Months in AP TOTAL 239 Days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.