Y's_habibitk

MENA CR1/K3/K1 visas PART2

987 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hi ya'll ! Who's still up on da couch?

I have an interesting thing to add from my husbands POE....they asked him .."what is your wife?" he was stumped...Well is she Irish, Polish, German..." again my hubby gave him the deer in the headlights look. Since I am a mix of many things..it was never discussed. The officer did have a problem with this. Just one more thing to make sure your man is prepared to answer.

Jackie (F)

Thanks for the tip Jackie! :) How's life? ;)

I just discussed it with John.. I'm 1/2 Egyptian, 1/4 Turkish, 1/4 Yemeni, and He's 3/4 Italian, 1/4 Irish... We're such a nice mix! :lol:

Sandra, Thank you! (F)

I'm glad to see many people are off the waiting couch! :)

Where are Lisa and and Amanda?

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I see some of you are almost OFF THE COUCH! :dance:

Congratulations to everyone soon to be reunited and hope the rest of the "waitin crowd" hears good news soon!

Jackie (F)

:thumbs: I'm almost ready to hop off the couch Jackie!

I posted an update here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=3689951

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Im sorry its been so long ladies. I have been obsessed with my new little side business and working.

I see we have some super awesome news from Aya! Big congrats HUG and a :dance: Im so truly happy for you! You are a strong, sweetheart and you deserve the very best. I hope you and John have a wonderful life together.

Olivia is off the couch?! woofriggnhoo, its about darn time girl! (((Olivia))

I havent read the link yet but just saw "Im off the couch" thats great and I hope you enjoy every moment of it :wub:

I hope everyone else is doing fine and to those still waiting... I hope time goes quickly and you reap the rewards of your wait quickly. Its all worth it in the end and the wait will be like a long nightmare that you just woke up from one day and its gone.

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
Im sorry its been so long ladies. I have been obsessed with my new little side business and working.

I see we have some super awesome news from Aya! Big congrats HUG and a :dance: Im so truly happy for you! You are a strong, sweetheart and you deserve the very best. I hope you and John have a wonderful life together.

Olivia is off the couch?! woofriggnhoo, its about darn time girl! (((Olivia))

I havent read the link yet but just saw "Im off the couch" thats great and I hope you enjoy every moment of it :wub:

I hope everyone else is doing fine and to those still waiting... I hope time goes quickly and you reap the rewards of your wait quickly. Its all worth it in the end and the wait will be like a long nightmare that you just woke up from one day and its gone.

Lisa

Thank you, Lisa!! :luv:

ROC Timeline

• 4 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello to all. How have you all been? ive been absent for osme time now..WOW alot has changed. and that is fantastic!!

If you dont know me let me introduce myself. im mohammedwalks and my wife is from fez. any thing else.....like my imigration headache, check my profile.

Im the stranger now huh ((LISA))? how have you been? hows the family? and little ones yet? where is our friend jackie ( i just remembered her name ) ? hope all is well. im going to try not to disapear for long lapes of time now. oh but dont hold me to it ok. i might relapse lol.

well all is well. see you all soon chow

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Morocco

Comments : My application was touched atleast 12 times before getting to NVC

01/04/09: Went to senators office to speak to them about an inquiry into my case.

01/06.09: Senators office send letter of inquiry to UNCIS CSC.

02/18/09: Called USCIS asked for service request

02/21/09: Recieved letter from USCIS that im in security checks :( and to call beck in 6 nonths..... WOW

02/25/09: APPPRROOVVVVAAALLLL NOA2 Alhumduallah

03/05/09: NVC receives papers

03/06/09: NVC send papers to counsulate

03/12/09: Counsulate have papers

03/27/09: Packet 3

04/02/09: Doctors (everything is a-okay0

04/28/09: Interview

04/28/09: AP ( need nothing further will call when able to proceed

05/04/09: Counsulate call and tell her to come 05/06/09 to counsulate for appointment? Told to bring passport......Is this the day???

05/06/09: Second interview (everything went well) Counsulate keep passport

05/07/09: Call from counsulate to pick up visa tomorrow

05/08/09: VIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAA IN HAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!

ALLLLLLLLHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMDDDDDDDDDDDDDUUUAAALLLAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!

05/19/09: Inshallah my hobi will be in my arms!

age.png

event.png

Timeline

Thank you for bumping the thread up, Mohamed!!

We are not waiting anymore. But this thread was one of the reasons I always loved coming back to post in the MENA forum. It's just so sad no one has posted in here in 4 months!!!!

WHERE IS EVERYONE?????

Aya

ROC Timeline

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well, I'm waiting... It's been a crazy long wait, since I couldn't file the petition until my divorce finalized, which took 16 months.. Now our file is sitting on a desk at the consulate in Casablanca, and we're waiting for packet 3. I'm still in Morocco, I've been here since February, and I miss home. As much as I've gotten used to being here, I realize how deprived I am of communication after I meet with other American women in my situation here in Casablanca (they seem to only come to Casablanca for interviews, there doesn't seem to be a lot of VJ women with men who live in Casa).. I'm damn lonely and ready for this ####### to be over. His family has basically hijacked our 7 month old daughter, which I'm told is just the way they do things here (it takes a village type of thing), so I can't even really busy myself with childcare like I expected myself to... I don't really talk to anyone about how I feel because I don't want to seem weak in my handling of my circumstances.. since I put myself in them.. but damn.. come on consulate.. :wacko:

Well, I'm waiting... It's been a crazy long wait, since I couldn't file the petition until my divorce finalized, which took 16 months.. Now our file is sitting on a desk at the consulate in Casablanca, and we're waiting for packet 3. I'm still in Morocco, I've been here since February, and I miss home. As much as I've gotten used to being here, I realize how deprived I am of communication after I meet with other American women in my situation here in Casablanca (they seem to only come to Casablanca for interviews, there doesn't seem to be a lot of VJ women with men who live in Casa).. I'm damn lonely and ready for this ####### to be over. His family has basically hijacked our 7 month old daughter, which I'm told is just the way they do things here (it takes a village type of thing), so I can't even really busy myself with childcare like I expected myself to... I don't really talk to anyone about how I feel because I don't want to seem weak in my handling of my circumstances.. since I put myself in them.. but damn.. come on consulate.. :wacko:

Have you tried the Yahoo Group of American Women Living in Morocco? It seemed like there were several in the group who lived in or near Casa. They might be people you could get together with.

Timeline

Sara,

I'm sorry your time in Morroco is not going as you hoped. It should be over soon. Hopefully when you go to Morocco again the future, it will not be as bad as your current visit since they will not be as lengthy.

As for your in-laws 'hijacking' your daughter, try to see it as they are trying to spend as much time with her as possible cause they know they will not be seeing her often soon. I know it must be frustrating sometimes as you are her mother and you like to do things for her the way you see is right for her.

I think an honest conversation between you and your fiance on one side and his family on the other side about how you feel should make things better in your future visits.

Everything is going to get better soon! (F)

Aya

ROC Timeline

Timeline

Have you tried the Yahoo Group of American Women Living in Morocco? It seemed like there were several in the group who lived in or near Casa. They might be people you could get together with.

Funny you mention that group.. I'm a member of that group, and while they seem to be a great group of ladies, they're living so differently from the way I live here.. I live on the outskirts of town in a very poor area where there are no foreigners at all... Most of them live in the very wealthy areas of Casablanca and are married to men doing business here (or maybe even consular officers, who knows).. the conversations consist of where to find a reliable Moroccan maid and how much do you pay your driver, etc.. lol it's a little infuriating for poor folks like us in Sbata..

Timeline

Sara,

I'm sorry your time in Morroco is not going as you hoped. It should be over soon. Hopefully when you go to Morocco again the future, it will not be as bad as your current visit since they will not be as lengthy.

As for your in-laws 'hijacking' your daughter, try to see it as they are trying to spend as much time with her as possible cause they know they will not be seeing her often soon. I know it must be frustrating sometimes as you are her mother and you like to do things for her the way you see is right for her.

I think an honest conversation between you and your fiance on one side and his family on the other side about how you feel should make things better in your future visits.

Everything is going to get better soon! (F)

Aya

Thanks, Aya..

It really hasn't been horrible, it just has its moments.. Any you're right about my inlaws spending time with our daughter.. that's why I try not to let it get to me..

More than anything I just miss my independence.. I guess in the long run this experience will serve to help me understand what my future husband will be going through when he transitions to America one day (hopefully soon).. I'm trying to look at the good points ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello to all. How have you all been? ive been absent for osme time now..WOW alot has changed. and that is fantastic!!

If you dont know me let me introduce myself. im mohammedwalks and my wife is from fez. any thing else.....like my imigration headache, check my profile.

Im the stranger now huh ((LISA))? how have you been? hows the family? and little ones yet? where is our friend jackie ( i just remembered her name ) ? hope all is well. im going to try not to disapear for long lapes of time now. oh but dont hold me to it ok. i might relapse lol.

well all is well. see you all soon chow

how nice to see you! :D I guess we're both strangers here now lol

Everything is going great! We have the last step with this long @ss journey on Tuesday and we'll be free of USCIS for 10 years :P I, like you will try not to be such a stranger here anymore.

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

how nice to see you! :D I guess we're both strangers here now lol

Everything is going great! We have the last step with this long @ss journey on Tuesday and we'll be free of USCIS for 10 years :P I, like you will try not to be such a stranger here anymore.

I wish you would get on more! You and your hubby are one of the lucky ones that didnt get AP! Any advice you can give me and my husband for his interview in Jordan will be greatly appreciated! Congrats on being done with everything for 10 years...I was beginning to think there was never even a hint of light at the end of the tunnel!

Timeline

I wish you would get on more! You and your hubby are one of the lucky ones that didnt get AP! Any advice you can give me and my husband for his interview in Jordan will be greatly appreciated! Congrats on being done with everything for 10 years...I was beginning to think there was never even a hint of light at the end of the tunnel!

:) Thanks! God willing we will be done after the AOS interview. I promise, once he gets here the waiting will just melt away and seem like just a bad memory, there is an end and its GOOD :D

Well, by looking at your timeline I see you got through CSC pretty quickly. I hope your speediness keeps its pace with the interview

What I noticed way back when we filed was that some people who had a "long" stay at the service centers were less likely to get AP. We also had random AP at NVC so we got our waiting out of the way pre interview. It was almost like cases that stayed at the service centers had already gone through all the "checks" and such(that is totally just an observation, and a year + old one at that).

You guys look very cute together and close in age.. thats a big plus.

We brought a gazillion pounds of evidence and lots of pics and the officer only wanted pics of the wedding party and wasnt very interested in the other evidence.

The best advise I have is to be prepared! I know that sounds really obvious but be prepared not only with evidence but also to try to look at your case from an outsiders point of view and see if there is anything that doesnt seem right or would raise an eyebrow in any way and be ready to address those issues. If you look at your guys story and there is something that doesnt seem "usual" then be prepared to answer those tough questions if they arise at the interview. Also, if you already havent... practice interview questions with your hubby.

If you need anything, just shoot me a PM I would be more than happy to help :star:

Edited by Y's_habibitk

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.