Y's_habibitk

MENA CR1/K3/K1 visas PART2

987 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Aya, I wouldn't bother bringing the chat logs at all. They probably won't even look at them like others have said. Honestly, I don't get why ppl insist on bringing chat logs at all. A few e-mails showing dates during your relationship should be fine. It's more the dates of the communication that they're after than the contents of the communication.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I found a way to print up the days we talked on yahoo as opposed to the actual chat. I am a fan to be over prepared, but I don't think having things blacked out would be good.

FYI, they didn't look at our chat record at all, but we had it just in case.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you ladies for all the input! :)

I think I'll still take the chat logs with cause John spent too much time on saving and printing them :blush:

I spent the whole night last night preparing the folders and putting everything in order... I'm taking three folders with me: a big one of our originals, the interview letter, proof of John's visit last March, letters, cards... The second folder of emails and the rest of our proof... The third folder is of our pics [i made a photo album of that folder and wrote our favorite quotes that match with the pics and even did some calligraphy with our names (yep, I can do calligraphy :P)]...

Only think remaining is to print out my updated letter of intent and John's and his mom's cover letter..and a few more pics of us and go through the papers real quick again tonight...

A few more hours to go... We are so excited :star:

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Anyone heard from Aya???? I hope everything went well. :unsure:

6-22-09 - Filed petition at embassy in Cairo

8-12-09 - Contacted DOS for info on petition...found out petition is filed incorrectly...

8-12-09 - Tried contacting embassy with new info...no response for 3 days..

8-15-09 - Made appt to resubmit petition on 8-17

8-17-09 - CO at embassy informed us that correction was made and petition sent to Athens for approval.

8-26-09 - Petition approved by Athens USCIS

8-28-09 - Petition mailed to Cairo by Dipl. Pouch via Washington DC.

9-29-09 - Petition arrive at Cairo....

10-12-09 - Package 3 arrived and also sent back same day...

11-10-09 - Package 4 arrived

12-22-09 - Interview date - APPROVED

12-23-09 - DOS says Visa Issued

12-30-09 - Visa in hand

12-31-09 - Enshallah arrive back home :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Aya habibiti, inshallah everything went well :luv:

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Congrats here too Aya :D

I hope everyone is doing fine today... I cant believe Christmas is almost here and its going to be 2010 in a few weeks you guys, really.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

Thank you Lisa, Serena, and Kenza! :luv:

Last night John and I have been discussing when I should give short notice that I'm quitting my job (I have to give a month short notice, that's the rule there).. John wanted me to do that today since we agreed I'll quit my job after the visa is issued..spend a month or more with my family and pave the way that I'm leaving..then he comes to Cairo and try meeting them and hopefully have an official engagement before we have to leave (I do pray things don't go dramatic).. But since I did not know yesterday what our case status was, I told him I rather wait till the visa is issued since we need to save every dime as the visa process ate almost all our savings and we still need money for planning for our wedding and John going back to university, etc...

Anyway, he agreed last night that I wait to give that short notice once the visa is issued but seemed sad cause it will make our time apart longer in a way...

Today after we got the good news from DOS, he told me it's better to give the short notice once he sends the papers back to the embassy and I agreed... A few hours later my boss called me and said: "Congratulations, you've been promoted to the Customer Care Manager as well as a Co-supervisor at our new store in your university that you graduated in....!" I was speechless for a few minutes!!! I've only worked at my current job for 6 months, and although I have worked hard and have voluntarily did many tasks that wre not mine, but I never expected that they would promote me that fast and transfer me to one of the places I love most on this earth (my university!)...! Plus, I'm only 21 and just graduated in 2009!! LOL I'm very very happy that I got to hear I did so well at work that he'd trust to promote me to a manager that fast!! I really like my job...I LOVE books and reading... Give me a book and I'm happy LOL.. I got to work between over 16.000 books every day!! It has been one of the best experiences in my entire life!

I really did not want to disappoint my boss and decline his offer for over the phone, so I'm bringing up that I'm quitting the next meeting... I feel sad inside I'm going to let them down.. I tried my best not to get attached to my job since I knew I was leaving sooner or later...but seems it didn't work..and these news came to early or too late...!

ROC Timeline

Thank you Lisa, Serena, and Kenza! :luv:

Last night John and I have been discussing when I should give short notice that I'm quitting my job (I have to give a month short notice, that's the rule there).. John wanted me to do that today since we agreed I'll quit my job after the visa is issued..spend a month or more with my family and pave the way that I'm leaving..then he comes to Cairo and try meeting them and hopefully have an official engagement before we have to leave (I do pray things don't go dramatic).. But since I did not know yesterday what our case status was, I told him I rather wait till the visa is issued since we need to save every dime as the visa process ate almost all our savings and we still need money for planning for our wedding and John going back to university, etc...

Anyway, he agreed last night that I wait to give that short notice once the visa is issued but seemed sad cause it will make our time apart longer in a way...

Today after we got the good news from DOS, he told me it's better to give the short notice once he sends the papers back to the embassy and I agreed... A few hours later my boss called me and said: "Congratulations, you've been promoted to the Customer Care Manager as well as a Co-supervisor at our new store in your university that you graduated in....!" I was speechless for a few minutes!!! I've only worked at my current job for 6 months, and although I have worked hard and have voluntarily did many tasks that wre not mine, but I never expected that they would promote me that fast and transfer me to one of the places I love most on this earth (my university!)...! Plus, I'm only 21 and just graduated in 2009!! LOL I'm very very happy that I got to hear I did so well at work that he'd trust to promote me to a manager that fast!! I really like my job...I LOVE books and reading... Give me a book and I'm happy LOL.. I got to work between over 16.000 books every day!! It has been one of the best experiences in my entire life!

I really did not want to disappoint my boss and decline his offer for over the phone, so I'm bringing up that I'm quitting the next meeting... I feel sad inside I'm going to let them down.. I tried my best not to get attached to my job since I knew I was leaving sooner or later...but seems it didn't work..and these news came to early or too late...!

That's a bittersweet congratulations :blush: . I know it will be hard leaving them. I love books also. So it looks like you won't be leaving for a few months??? Enshallah, as soon as I receive my visa, I will be on the next plane out of here. :whistle::lol:

6-22-09 - Filed petition at embassy in Cairo

8-12-09 - Contacted DOS for info on petition...found out petition is filed incorrectly...

8-12-09 - Tried contacting embassy with new info...no response for 3 days..

8-15-09 - Made appt to resubmit petition on 8-17

8-17-09 - CO at embassy informed us that correction was made and petition sent to Athens for approval.

8-26-09 - Petition approved by Athens USCIS

8-28-09 - Petition mailed to Cairo by Dipl. Pouch via Washington DC.

9-29-09 - Petition arrive at Cairo....

10-12-09 - Package 3 arrived and also sent back same day...

11-10-09 - Package 4 arrived

12-22-09 - Interview date - APPROVED

12-23-09 - DOS says Visa Issued

12-30-09 - Visa in hand

12-31-09 - Enshallah arrive back home :)

Timeline

Oh Aya, how ironic. Congrats on your promotion even though you wont be taking it. Its still speaks volumes to your hard work and hopefully is a sign that your future careerlife in America will be as sucessful.

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Aya, if you are depending on that income, I would really wait until you hear that the visa is issued before giving your notice. Even though your interview went well, you still never know what will happen with the embassy in Cairo. They are crazy. :) But if you don't really need the money, then by all means, give your notice!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Aya, if you are depending on that income, I would really wait until you hear that the visa is issued before giving your notice. Even though your interview went well, you still never know what will happen with the embassy in Cairo. They are crazy.

Agreed. A visa in the hand is worth two in the bush. Wait, make that don't count your visas before they hatch.

:P

Edited by Jenn!

Filed: Timeline

I'm back!!!!!!!! Internet is up and running! (i have only been able to sign in briefly from work)

I was tv/internet challenged for 2 1/2 months and let me tell you....I have watched so many movies from the library! I missed ya'll and it is so good to be back!

Aya I hope your visa is quick :)

Jackie (F)

Timeline
Aya, if you are depending on that income, I would really wait until you hear that the visa is issued before giving your notice. Even though your interview went well, you still never know what will happen with the embassy in Cairo. They are crazy.

Agreed. A visa in the hand is worth two in the bush. Wait, make that don't count your visas before they hatch.

That's what we decided to do.. John is a little disappointed, but we don't know when the visa is going to be issued (hopefully soon).. I'm going to give my short notice the day the visa is issued.. And spend a month or two with my family before he comes..

Oh Aya, how ironic. Congrats on your promotion even though you wont be taking it. Its still speaks volumes to your hard work and hopefully is a sign that your future careerlife in America will be as sucessful.

Lisa, I was wondering about that... I wear the hijab.. I know that discrimination of any kind isn't supposed to happen in the work environment...but was wondering if I can find the kind of job I like and get promoted fast when I deserve it there in the US?

ROC Timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

That's what we decided to do.. John is a little disappointed, but we don't know when the visa is going to be issued (hopefully soon).. I'm going to give my short notice the day the visa is issued.. And spend a month or two with my family before he comes..

Lisa, I was wondering about that... I wear the hijab.. I know that discrimination of any kind isn't supposed to happen in the work environment...but was wondering if I can find the kind of job I like and get promoted fast when I deserve it there in the US?

Depends on where u live Aya. I live in a pretty diverse area (suburb next to capital of Cali). As much as I would like to say that there isn't any discrimination, there is. Depends who is hiring you and their views even though in the law there is no discrimination upon hiring. I got a job pretty fast at a preschool cuz they looked only on my experience. Keep your hijab, be enthusiastic, and inshallah no one will discriminate against you

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Timeline

I agree wholeheartedly with Kenza in that it depends on where you live. There is of course discrimination but there is also just a sense of not wanting to promote/hire someone who looks different from the norm.

It might not be "oh, she's a muslim" but "wow, she doesnt blend in".

For example, I had my tongue pierced for 12 years and never had a problem, worked in managment positions and everything. I interviewed for my current job last year and they hired me, offered me a great salary..dream job yada yada... I started and my boss finally noticed it and pulled me in her office and basically said, take that out or we cant keep you..it doesnt match our "corporate image" and if I would have noticed it when we interviewed you, we would not have hired you. She said "I'll give you a couple days to think about it" LOL like i was going to keep it in! A week later HER boss called me and said that she was "shocked" that she had did that and she(big boss) had no problem with it at all and they didnt want to lose me ect ect....goes to show it all depends on the person.

My long explanation is just to say that alot of companies arent so much discriminatory against religion or ethnicity but they want people who look like "everyone else".

It will all depend on what youre doing(type of work) and who is hiring and the company. Hopefully they look at your work preformance and go from there. If you are totally impressing them and doing a killer job you will be ok hun. I

Where does John live btw? where are you going in the USofA?

Edited by Y's_habibitk

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.