LeoLaLit

G-325A Question for K-1 Visa

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

First of all, my compliments to this website, its creator and to the members that willingly provides excellent feedback, advice and support to both the petitioners and beneficiaries. With all confidence, I have made this website my primary source of reference as I put together my I-129F packet.

Although I only recently registered as a member, I have been regularly visiting this website for about 4 months now; trying to learn and understand the process of filing a K-1 visa application for my girlfriend in the Philippines. Yes, we are not officially engaged yet, but will make it official during my visit at the end of this month. My plan is to have the packet ready by the time I leave for the Philippines with the intention of sending/filing it as soon as I get back after 3 weeks.

As a little background: My girlfriend and I have known each other for about 11 years. We actually dated for a short period of time in 1997 when we were in college. But due to both our immaturity at that time, we decided we were better off as friends. When I moved to the US in 1998, we remained friends through different online networking sites (Facebook and Friendster). When we personally met again during my vacation in the Philippines in December 2008, sparks flew and old flames rekindled. We made our relationship official and we have been growing together in spite of the tough challenges of the distance between us. We both know we’re meant for each other and can’t wait to be finally together. So, like most of you, I’d like this I-129F packet to have no unnecessary delays due to carelessness or petty mistakes.

Now for my questions: (I apologize if this question had already been asked – I tried searching for the answers but couldn’t find it)

1) I am using an older version of the G-325A (exp 5/31/09) as I have noticed that the newer version takes less characters in each field (or I think the font is just bigger). The USCIS website states “prior editions accepted” – does anybody know if it is indeed accepted? Should I use the new version to be on the safe side? If I use the new version, how do I deal with information that are cut-off in the field (ie. long street address where the last 5 letters gets cut-off)?

2) I am attaching a supplement to the “Applicant’s employment last five years” section – do I print 4 copies of this supplement as well? And when I insert it in the packet, do I put the each supplement after each G-325A form? (ie. G-325A, supplement, G-325A, supplement etc.) Or do I just put the 4 copies of the supplements after the 4 copies of the G-325A?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Our K-1 Visa Journey

2009-10-21 : I-129F Sent

2009-10-23 : I-129F NOA1

2010-01-19 : RFE Hard Copy Received

2010-01-22 : RFE Reply Received by CSC

2010-01-29 : I-129F NOA2

2010-02-04 : NVC Received

2010-02-09 : NVC Left

2010-02-12 : Consulate Received (per DHL website)

2010-02-21 : Interview Scheduled for March 15

2010-02-22 : Packet Received From USEM (Eligibility to Schedule an Interview)

2010-03-02 : Medical Exam

2010-03-15 : Interview APPROVED

2010-03-17 : Visa Picked-up at the USEM

2010-03-19 : CFO Seminar

2010-03-24 : POE - LAX

2010-04-08 : Applied for SSN

2010-04-16 : SSN Received

2010-06-08 : Married

Our AOS Journey

2010-07-09 : AOS Package Sent

2010-07-16 : NOA1 (I-485, I-765 and I-131)

2010-07-26 : Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

2010-08-05 : Biometrics Completed

2010-08-12 : Interview Appointment Letter Received

2010-09-03 : I-512L, Authorization for Parole Received

2010-09-08 : EAD Card Received

2010-09-15 : AOS Interview APPROVED

2010-09-25 : GC Received

Our ROC Journey

2012-07-06 : ROC Package Sent

2012-07-09 : I-751 NOA1

2012-07-18 : Bio Appt Letter Received (for 8/7)

2012-07-25 : Rescheduled Bio Appt Letter Received (for 8/20)

2012-08-20 : Biometrics Completed

2013-03-01 : APPROVED

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi everyone.

First of all, my compliments to this website, its creator and to the members that willingly provides excellent feedback, advice and support to both the petitioners and beneficiaries. With all confidence, I have made this website my primary source of reference as I put together my I-129F packet.

Although I only recently registered as a member, I have been regularly visiting this website for about 4 months now; trying to learn and understand the process of filing a K-1 visa application for my girlfriend in the Philippines. Yes, we are not officially engaged yet, but will make it official during my visit at the end of this month. My plan is to have the packet ready by the time I leave for the Philippines with the intention of sending/filing it as soon as I get back after 3 weeks.

As a little background: My girlfriend and I have known each other for about 11 years. We actually dated for a short period of time in 1997 when we were in college. But due to both our immaturity at that time, we decided we were better off as friends. When I moved to the US in 1998, we remained friends through different online networking sites (Facebook and Friendster). When we personally met again during my vacation in the Philippines in December 2008, sparks flew and old flames rekindled. We made our relationship official and we have been growing together in spite of the tough challenges of the distance between us. We both know we’re meant for each other and can’t wait to be finally together. So, like most of you, I’d like this I-129F packet to have no unnecessary delays due to carelessness or petty mistakes.

Now for my questions: (I apologize if this question had already been asked – I tried searching for the answers but couldn’t find it)

1) I am using an older version of the G-325A (exp 5/31/09) as I have noticed that the newer version takes less characters in each field (or I think the font is just bigger). The USCIS website states “prior editions accepted” – does anybody know if it is indeed accepted? Should I use the new version to be on the safe side? If I use the new version, how do I deal with information that are cut-off in the field (ie. long street address where the last 5 letters gets cut-off)?

2) I am attaching a supplement to the “Applicant’s employment last five years” section – do I print 4 copies of this supplement as well? And when I insert it in the packet, do I put the each supplement after each G-325A form? (ie. G-325A, supplement, G-325A, supplement etc.) Or do I just put the 4 copies of the supplements after the 4 copies of the G-325A?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

You can use the old or the new but one supplement is all you need. You can put two-digit years in the date fields with font issues on the new form until they fix them.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Take LOTS of pictures when you go. Especially some with you, your lady and her family. Back them up as pictures are gold.

Have her sign a letter of intent and the G325As while you're there. Keep ALL records of your trip. Even baggage stubs.

Go over the DS 156, DS 156K and DS 157 with her. Have her get 3 certified copies of her NSO BC. Also a NSO CENOMAR.

She can get NBI clearance also. Police clearance if applies.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
You can use the old or the new but one supplement is all you need. You can put two-digit years in the date fields with font issues on the new form until they fix them.

With Adobe you can't enter the date this way. It comes up with some error about invalid date entry and asks for a four digit year.

Anyways, my advice is to write whatever you can't type in with a BLACK ink pen. I am running into this problem a lot because my last name is more characters than what fits in any of the forms.

Also, take Haole's excellent advice. Take lots of pictures, keep all documents for trip. She will need to type and sign a letter of intent (see guides if you need an example,) and fill out a G325A as well.

Sorry, I cannot comment on your supplement question, I am not 100% sure on that either <_<

If you haven't read the guides yet, you should. K-1 Guide K-1 Flowchart K-1 Visa Tips Visa FAQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.