mrahman

Worried/Lost/need help

4 posts in this topic

Hello. I am sure the following questions have been asked many many times....If you could be kind and point me to the right direction, I will be much obliged.

Questions:

1) When completing the G-325A, I put my job title as "Engineer", however it has changed to "IT Support". Will this cause a problem when I complete I-864 or any other document from this point forward?

2) When I applied for my wife, I did it as a K3, sent the I-130, then I-129F. Now, I want to drop the K3 and only continue with IR1/CR1. What do I need to do to drop the K3 and just go with CR1?

I am a July filer, so hopefully my time at NVC should come up soon, thank you in advance for taking the time to read it and assisting me.

--mohammed

--MR.

"Live like there is no tomorrow and love like you have never been hurt"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello. I am sure the following questions have been asked many many times....If you could be kind and point me to the right direction, I will be much obliged.

Questions:

1) When completing the G-325A, I put my job title as "Engineer", however it has changed to "IT Support". Will this cause a problem when I complete I-864 or any other document from this point forward?

No, that shouldn't cause any problems. People change positions, etc all the time. Just put your new title and maybe mention it in your cover letter.

2) When I applied for my wife, I did it as a K3, sent the I-130, then I-129F. Now, I want to drop the K3 and only continue with IR1/CR1. What do I need to do to drop the K3 and just go with CR1?

Ignore any correspondence relating to the K3 and only follow correspondence received regarding the I130 (so NVC).

I am a July filer, so hopefully my time at NVC should come up soon, thank you in advance for taking the time to read it and assisting me.

--mohammed

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Questions:

It shouldn't be a problem at all. I had the same thing happen to me when I was promoted at work. I had my HR person write on my letter of employment my original hire date and title and then my new title as well as my date of promotion along with my new salary.

I would just suggest letting the embassy know that you won't be interviewing for the K3. Some people suggest to just not show up for it, but I would rather be in contact with the embassy when the interview date is scheduled and let them know that you'll be doing the CR1. The Casablanca embassy even suggested to my husband when he did the K3 interview that he should just wait the month for his CR1 interview. We interviewed for both and received the CR1 visa.

--mohammed

Edited by New Beginnings

Awesome...thank you soo much for the replies, as far as the job title go, initially I thought HR clarification was Engineer, now I found out it is IT Support, that's what they will put on the letter. Got my fingers crossed, hopefully they will not object to it. Once again...thank you!

--MR.

"Live like there is no tomorrow and love like you have never been hurt"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.