JustJ

No Prison or Court Records

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

We are at the point where we need to provide our civil documents, including prison records.

I checked the reciprocity thing, and Ireland says prison records are "available." That means, they're going to expect them for my husband's crime in 1982.

We wrote to the court for the criminal charges - nothing found.

We wrote to the prison back in April - no response.

We requested his PCC ages ago, and they just keep saying they're "working on it."

My husband called the prison this morning and got some excuse about records being archived and everything's up in the air. Long story short - I don't think we'll be able to get them.

I guess my question is this - what happens if we simply can't provide the court and prison records to clarify what the PCC will undoubtedly show?

We've had such a hard time getting any response from any of the places you're supposed to request this stuff from.

So now here we sit, having rushed our way to this point, and we're at a complete stand still.

Should I send what we have and wait for the request for more info?

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sometimes court records are destroyed or improperly stored or archived. What is acceptable is a letter from the court stating that the records are not available for X reason.

However, these are important, perhaps a consultation with a lawyer might help in order to see what options you have. Did your husband have a lawyer (the lawyer might have the records of the trial), what about getting a politicians help?

Good luck.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
Did your husband have a lawyer (the lawyer might have the records of the trial), what about getting a politicians help?

Thanks for your reply. No, he didn't use a lawyer. It was just a district court hearing before a single judge. It occurred long before Ireland became computerized, so this is going to take forever. I'm scared we're going to be sitting waiting at the NVC for months because we can't provide anything.

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.