Kwagga

Returning to home country before marriage

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Just a quick question to give me peace of mind.

I went to the US on a K1 visa to marry my fiance. Well to cut a really long story short, things went a bit pear shaped and he got cold feet and panic attacks about getting married as it got closer to the time.

I have now returned to my home country...can someone confirm if I have to notify USCIS or can I just let it be.

Advise would be appreciated :)

Our K1 Journey Timeline

06.00.1998 - Met Online

12.22.2008 - I-129F received by VSC

12.22.2008 - NOA1 issued

04.08.2009 - NOA2 in 107 days - Igors List #174

04.14.2009 - NVC sent to Consulate in South Africa

04.29.2009 - Consulate received

05.04.2009 - Packet #3 received

05.08.2009 - Packet #4 received

05.14.2009 - Medical - Passed

06.22.2009 - Interview - APPROVED

06.29.2009 - Visa in hand

08.06.2009 - POE - Boston

08.22.2009 - Returned to South Africa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I went to the US on a K1 visa to marry my fiance. Well to cut a really long story short, things went a bit pear shaped and he got cold feet and panic attacks about getting married as it got closer to the time.

I have now returned to my home country...can someone confirm if I have to notify USCIS or can I just let it be.

You do not have to notify anyone. I presume you turned in your I-94 at exit? Job done.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

You do not have to notify anyone. I presume you turned in your I-94 at exit? Job done.

Thanks Gary, I thought as much, just wanted to make double sure.

Yip, I-94 turned in on departure.

Thanks to everyone for advise along my 9 month journey to getting my K1, you were all super fantastic, just heartbreaking that it had to turn out this way, but I guess everything happens for a reason.

Much love and happiness to you all!

Our K1 Journey Timeline

06.00.1998 - Met Online

12.22.2008 - NOA1 issued

Thanks Gary, I thought as much, just wanted to make double sure.

Yip, I-94 turned in on departure.

Thanks to everyone for advise along my 9 month journey to getting my K1, you were all super fantastic, just heartbreaking that it had to turn out this way, but I guess everything happens for a reason.

Much love and happiness to you all!

I'm so sorry things turned out as they did for you. (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

It is a pity that all of us here (on both sides of the various borders) have to endure such long timelines to be able to get the chance to be together on a daily basis. I think that for many of us, especially those of us who have been through marrriage and divorce and DEFINITELY those men (and a few women) who lost their a$$es in divorce settlements, the 90 day period between arrival and the "deadline" is really the final test. Sure, we are all committed to getting engaged and married, but the 90 days is a final test. Having been involved in many long distance relationships, you can never be certain how your relationship is going to be on a day in, day out basis. If you and your fiance had actually spent much time in a "normal" dating situation, you might have found out you were not right for each other much sooner and certainly wouldn't have had to endure the USCIS torture test. Be glad that your fiance' had the fortitude to be able to make the tough decision to stop what he felt was not the right thing for him. In the long run it will be less painful for you. But do not lose hope that the right person is out there for you.

Good luck healing and then finding the right one for you.

5/20/08 Met through a mutual friend in Medellin

7/02/08 - 10/27/08 Visited 5 times

12/08/08 6th Visit Medellin (gave "Promise" ring to be exclusive)

1/22/09 - 6/21/09 4 more visits. 6/22/09 GOT ENGAGED!

7/25/09 11th Visit Met in Panama

9/19/09 12th Visit Met in Medellin for Dial Del Amor y Amistad

6/23-7/21 Gathered paperwork and applied for I-129F 7/24/09 USCIS acknowledges Receipt of I-129F application NOA1

9/28/09 NOA2 received!!! Only 66 days! 10/02/09 NSC Received and completed Application and sent to Bogota

10/02/09 Embassy received application (my lawyer is two weeks behind informing me - time line information learned on 10/15/09)

10/09/09 Embassy sent out Package 3 10/15/09 Package 3 not received - downloaded forms from website.

10/16/09 Submitted DS-2100 and Ds-230 to apply for interview date. 10/23/09 Received Interview date (had to call DOS)

12/09/09 Interview - VISA GRANTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/07/10 Arrived in Miami, cleared Immigration with no problems. Arrived in Charlotte to a freaking cold spell 55 degrees colder than Dora has ever experienced.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm sorry things didn't work out for you. Looking on the bright side, at least you won't have to go through the almost always painful divorce process. I wish the best of luck for you!

K-1 TIMELINE:

05-11-2009: NOA1

05-20-2009: called the Military Help Line and requested for expedite

06-04-2009: NOA2

06-14-2009: NVC letter received in the mail

07-02-2009: Packet 4 received

08-27-2009: Interview - Visa approved!

09-03-2009: visa in hands.

09-20-2009: POE - Miami

09-21-2009: we got married!

AOS TIMELINE:

05-12-2010: NOA1

06-08-2010: Case transferred to CSC

06-21-2010: Biometrics

Timeline
It is a pity that all of us here (on both sides of the various borders) have to endure such long timelines to be able to get the chance to be together on a daily basis. I think that for many of us, especially those of us who have been through marrriage and divorce and DEFINITELY those men (and a few women) who lost their a$$es in divorce settlements, the 90 day period between arrival and the "deadline" is really the final test. Sure, we are all committed to getting engaged and married, but the 90 days is a final test. Having been involved in many long distance relationships, you can never be certain how your relationship is going to be on a day in, day out basis. If you and your fiance had actually spent much time in a "normal" dating situation, you might have found out you were not right for each other much sooner and certainly wouldn't have had to endure the USCIS torture test. Be glad that your fiance' had the fortitude to be able to make the tough decision to stop what he felt was not the right thing for him. In the long run it will be less painful for you. But do not lose hope that the right person is out there for you.

Just a correction to your statement above: I was the one that made the "tough decision" to return home, to make things easier for him. We are both still very much in love with each other and want to be together, bearing in mind we've known each other for over 10 years and have spent "normal" dating time together, but due to medical reasons, like panic and anxiety attacks when he realized the 90 days were counting down, it made life very difficult for both of us, so it was either me coming home or the risk of being deported.

Our K1 Journey Timeline

06.00.1998 - Met Online

12.22.2008 - NOA1 issued

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just a correction to your statement above: I was the one that made the "tough decision" to return home, to make things easier for him. We are both still very much in love with each other and want to be together, bearing in mind we've known each other for over 10 years and have spent "normal" dating time together, but due to medical reasons, like panic and anxiety attacks when he realized the 90 days were counting down, it made life very difficult for both of us, so it was either me coming home or the risk of being deported.

Wow! 10 years and still getting cold feet about it. Is that how long you've been dating for or just 'known' each other? Out of pure interest (and blatantly just being nosey) what happens now? I mean, if you're still together I'm imagining there's going to be a time when he says he's ready again. Do you risk going through the whole process again and spending the money etc only to have the same thing happen?

Dave

UK-US%20Flags2.gif

Filed: Timeline

sorry, but it doesn;t make sense to me at all

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have alot of respect for you doing things the right way.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.