Ney

September 2009 K-1 Visa Filers

4,349 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I would give away my left pinkie to have my NOA2. I keep checking to see if anyone else has gotten approved, but there's only 2 for today so far. Mine hasn't been touched since 9/28. I don't think I should be getting an RFE(if you saw my package you would understand, lol), so I'm just waiting on NOA2. This is really driving me crazy.

Come on VSC! I want something to celebrate when I go see Mathew in 18 days!!! :dance:

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
I would give away my left pinkie to have my NOA2. I keep checking to see if anyone else has gotten approved, but there's only 2 for today so far. Mine hasn't been touched since 9/28. I don't think I should be getting an RFE(if you saw my package you would understand, lol), so I'm just waiting on NOA2. This is really driving me crazy.

Come on VSC! I want something to celebrate when I go see Mathew in 18 days!!! :dance:

I will throw in a little toe for mine.. let's see if we can make a deal!

Timeline

As long as they make it quick and painless I probably wont even care! Just hearing how excited my canadian gets over things like this would be enough to make it all worth it!

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
So, i'm totally obsessed with the USCIS site now, so while i should be catching up on the mountain of paperwork i checked the 2382 cases that were opened Sept. 24 (my NOA1 date). I know, I have a problem.

But here's some interesting stats, if you are interested (I'm a data junkie):

2382 cases opened that day

55 are Fiance petitions

of the 55:

12 Approved

10 RFE'd

33 still in initial review

Breakdown of action dates:

10/08:

1 Approval

10/15:

4 Approvals

10/16:

5 Approvals

8 RFEs

10/19:

2 Approvals

2 RFEs

Hope these numbers increase everyday! :)

PS: just a caveat - there was a huge gap of numbers where there were no fiance petitions, which was weird but i do think i checked every single number...though i could have made a mistake!

No I think you are pretty accurate. When I got tipped off on the idea of doing this, last week, I sat down and tried to go through every one of the 9/24 petitions. There was a huge stretch of numbers that were not for K1 visa.. lots of AOS, EADS and things like that. I did not have the patience to sit and go through every case number, and it was driving me crazy, but went through a lot of them.. and noticed the same thing.

I just know you and Kayla are going to be getting yours soon. I was really hoping to see the two of you get yours, because then I would know mine might be on the way. I have been checking all day, watching for news from the two of you.. and everyone else!!!

OOPS! Sorry I got you hooked! Congratulations everyone so far. So.. here is a question.. how the heck do you plan your wedding? We were supposed to get married October 31, had everything planned and then had to cancel. It was a very special date for us, but now we don't even know when to think about planning one. We wanted family there, etc. What is everyone doing?

Timeline

As long as they make it quick and painless I probably wont even care! Just hearing how excited my canadian gets over things like this would be enough to make it all worth it!

As long as they don't take my ring finger! I am having the hardest time with the time difference at the moment. With work and school and working out and sleeping... it is just as much torture. I am happy for the other couples, but wonder where is that case worker? hahaha

Timeline

Mathew and I have jumped straight in. We've given it enough time to be approved, but that's still no guarantee. So we're taking a risk. But we've booked our venue, photographer, bought my dress, shoes, some decorations, and booked our honeymoon. I just recently went shopping for bridesmaids dresses with my maid of honor. Some people will argue that it was dumb for me to do that, but I did it and I'm glad I have! June 26th, 2010 can't come quick enough!!!

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mathew and I have jumped straight in. We've given it enough time to be approved, but that's still no guarantee. So we're taking a risk. But we've booked our venue, photographer, bought my dress, shoes, some decorations, and booked our honeymoon. I just recently went shopping for bridesmaids dresses with my maid of honor. Some people will argue that it was dumb for me to do that, but I did it and I'm glad I have! June 26th, 2010 can't come quick enough!!!

LMAO(laughing my a** off) toward giving up a pinkie and a little toe for an approval. I wonder if VSC/CSC workers know about this website, and if they do, what do they do when they visit here. I'm sure they're laughing at how desperate I am, and we all are for our NOA2. If so, it seems as if they stopped laughing this week and started doing approvals, hopefully they'll keep it up. By the way, I'd give..... my pinkie and his little toe!

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Timeline

LMAO(laughing my a** off) toward giving up a pinkie and a little toe for an approval. I wonder if VSC/CSC workers know about this website, and if they do, what do they do when they visit here. I'm sure they're laughing at how desperate I am, and we all are for our NOA2. If so, it seems as if they stopped laughing this week and started doing approvals, hopefully they'll keep it up. By the way, I'd give..... my pinkie and his little toe!

I'm gonna go ahead and say that this website is the reason they don't do many approvals in one day! They're probably sitting at their desks laughing their butts off about all the posters here!

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm gonna go ahead and say that this website is the reason they don't do many approvals in one day! They're probably sitting at their desks laughing their butts off about all the posters here!

ha ha, I agree with you on that one.

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
So, i'm totally obsessed with the USCIS site now, so while i should be catching up on the mountain of paperwork i checked the 2382 cases that were opened Sept. 24 (my NOA1 date). I know, I have a problem.

55 are Fiance petitions

of the 55:

12 Approved

10 RFE'd

10/08:

1 Approval

10/15:

4 Approvals

10/16:

5 Approvals

8 RFEs

10/19:

2 Approvals

2 RFEs

PS: just a caveat - there was a huge gap of numbers where there were no fiance petitions, which was weird but i do think i checked every single number...though i could have made a mistake!

No I think you are pretty accurate. When I got tipped off on the idea of doing this, last week, I sat down and tried to go through every one of the 9/24 petitions. There was a huge stretch of numbers that were not for K1 visa.. lots of AOS, EADS and things like that. I did not have the patience to sit and go through every case number, and it was driving me crazy, but went through a lot of them.. and noticed the same thing.

I just know you and Kayla are going to be getting yours soon. I was really hoping to see the two of you get yours, because then I would know mine might be on the way. I have been checking all day, watching for news from the two of you.. and everyone else!!!

OOPS! Sorry I got you hooked! Congratulations everyone so far. So.. here is a question.. how the heck do you plan your wedding? We were supposed to get married October 31, had everything planned and then had to cancel. It was a very special date for us, but now we don't even know when to think about planning one. We wanted family there, etc. What is everyone doing?

My cousin had a similar situation and they really wanted a wedding on a specific day. It didn't happen for them, so they had a private civil service at City Hall.. to keep everything within the time frame.. then they planned the big wedding for the date they actually wanted. It would mean waiting until next October for you, but if that's what you really want.. then that is a solution.

As for us.. what I really want is a Turkish wedding...in Turkey. But we've had so many obstacles thrown in our way, the last two years, that we wanted to take the quickest route to getting him here.

I have never wanted the huge wedding with the bridesmaids, long dress, veil.. all the stuff. My brother ran off and got married on a beach.. and told us later :) While that would be a perfect idea to me, I would never do that to my MOTHER.. but I don't want the big hoopla. My father just moved to Vegas, so we are thinking about having just my immediate family there and going out to Vegas for a few days. But.. Fuat loves Elvis and if he thinks we are having an Elvis wedding I may have to cancel the application right now :) We haven't even picked a date yet.. though we know whatever month it happens we want it to be on the 24th! Everything happens to us on the 24th of a month, good and bad, so I was almost expecting NOA2 on that day.. I didn't even plan it and our NAO1 came on that day.

His family won't be able to be here, so what I really hope we can do is go back to Turkey later and have the Turkish wedding there.. and get my immediate family there too. So, the "Marriage" is going to happen here.. probably in Vegas, with little planning.. and the "Wedding" will take place in Turkey hopefully by the end of 2010.

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey
07/09/08 - Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.
06/04/09 - 2nd Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

04/29/2010 - Mailed AOS Packet
07/14/2010 - AOS Approved!
07/24/2010 - Green Card in Hand!

04/26/2012 - Mailed ROC Packet
01/03/2012- ROC Approved

01/10/2013 - 10 year Green Card in Hand

04/14/2102 - Mailed N400 Packet

05/13/2013 - Biometrics
08/19/2013 - Citizenship interview

09/18/2013 - Oath Cermony.

It's finally all over! He's a citizen :)

Timeline

By the way.. I love the giving up of pinkies and toes... that was funny...

and if any VSC or CSC people are sitting at their desks reading these forums.. once you stop laughing, PLEASE approve everyone in this group soon!

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

01/03/2012- ROC Approved

05/13/2013 - Biometrics

Timeline

55 are Fiance petitions

of the 55:

12 Approved

10 RFE'd

10/08:

1 Approval

10/15:

4 Approvals

10/16:

5 Approvals

8 RFEs

10/19:

2 Approvals

2 RFEs

My cousin had a similar situation and they really wanted a wedding on a specific day. It didn't happen for them, so they had a private civil service at City Hall.. to keep everything within the time frame.. then they planned the big wedding for the date they actually wanted. It would mean waiting until next October for you, but if that's what you really want.. then that is a solution.

As for us.. what I really want is a Turkish wedding...in Turkey. But we've had so many obstacles thrown in our way, the last two years, that we wanted to take the quickest route to getting him here.

I have never wanted the huge wedding with the bridesmaids, long dress, veil.. all the stuff. My brother ran off and got married on a beach.. and told us later :) While that would be a perfect idea to me, I would never do that to my MOTHER.. but I don't want the big hoopla. My father just moved to Vegas, so we are thinking about having just my immediate family there and going out to Vegas for a few days. But.. Fuat loves Elvis and if he thinks we are having an Elvis wedding I may have to cancel the application right now :) We haven't even picked a date yet.. though we know whatever month it happens we want it to be on the 24th! Everything happens to us on the 24th of a month, good and bad, so I was almost expecting NOA2 on that day.. I didn't even plan it and our NAO1 came on that day.

His family won't be able to be here, so what I really hope we can do is go back to Turkey later and have the Turkish wedding there.. and get my immediate family there too. So, the "Marriage" is going to happen here.. probably in Vegas, with little planning.. and the "Wedding" will take place in Turkey hopefully by the end of 2010.

1. Now I am LMAO-ing at the thought of what exactly WOULD they do with all of our little body parts. Is that really an effective bribe? haha

2. Jenn, I think that sounds like a lovely idea. We too are looking at Vegas at this point and then having a wedding like we had planned. We weren't having a big thing either, just a small get together in the park. My best friend is ordained and she was going to perform the ceremony. I have already purchased my dress and will not have any bridesmaids or groomsmen. I found a baker for the cake, a photographer and someone to play guitar and sing. As for the "reception", we were going to have a huge Halloween party instead. I LOVE Halloween and seeing as he is from Australia, he has never celebrated it. It seemed like a great way to put our single lives to rest (R.I.P) hehehe

Come on.. more approvals for today.

Timeline

55 are Fiance petitions

of the 55:

12 Approved

10 RFE'd

10/08:

1 Approval

10/15:

4 Approvals

10/16:

5 Approvals

8 RFEs

10/19:

2 Approvals

2 RFEs

1. Now I am LMAO-ing at the thought of what exactly WOULD they do with all of our little body parts. Is that really an effective bribe? haha

2. Jenn, I think that sounds like a lovely idea. We too are looking at Vegas at this point and then having a wedding like we had planned. We weren't having a big thing either, just a small get together in the park. My best friend is ordained and she was going to perform the ceremony. I have already purchased my dress and will not have any bridesmaids or groomsmen. I found a baker for the cake, a photographer and someone to play guitar and sing. As for the "reception", we were going to have a huge Halloween party instead. I LOVE Halloween and seeing as he is from Australia, he has never celebrated it. It seemed like a great way to put our single lives to rest (R.I.P) hehehe

Come on.. more approvals for today.

I think the Halloween party is a great idea. I don't know if you have started looking at Vegas yet, but there are some really pretty outdoor weddings done under a gazebo. Not just the regular Vegas style wedding chapels. My favorite aunt is ordained.. and I would really like her to do the ceremony, but not sure they would require us to use "their" person. The pages I have looked at all list the cost of the chaplain.. not sure if she would need to get certified for Nevada or if her "Civil Marriage" authorization ( or whatever it is) would allow her to do this anywhere.

Then there is the risk of letting anyone outside of my immediate family, including my aunt, know the when, where, how and what of all this.. just read my posts a page or so back and you will see why. Kayla's probably right and I shouldn't let any of them know anything :):)

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

03/30/2010 - Married

01/03/2012- ROC Approved

05/13/2013 - Biometrics

Timeline

All I can picture right now is instead of a beer can pyramid they'll have a pinkies and toes pyramid. When it falls down they all go "OHHHHHH!" and then one little lonely guy has to put it all back together again. Or maybe it's like Jenga!

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
All I can picture right now is instead of a beer can pyramid they'll have a pinkies and toes pyramid. When it falls down they all go "OHHHHHH!" and then one little lonely guy has to put it all back together again. Or maybe it's like Jenga!

Maybe it is like Bingo. They all have a little card with five little body parts across the top and five countries down the side...when they get a little toe from Australia, they get to fill in the corresponding box. So.. let's say, if they need an arm from Brazil, they look through all of their files to see if they can get a Bingo.. haha.

Hey.. my job is really boring, I would totally understand.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.