BrianandMerne

Interview preparations

19 posts in this topic

Good afternoon to all!

I decided to post here because I know I would get the best answers to a number of questions I have from you, regarding my preparations for interview at the US Consulate in Manila. Thank you in advance for your responses (F)

I have already prepared the needed legal papers for identification purpose (NSO certified Birth Certificate, NSO certified Certificate of No Record of Marriage, NBI Clearance specific for travel abroad with a notation "no record on file"), my letter of intent to marry addressed to the US Consulate in Manila this time and Brian will be sending my copy of the I-129F he sent to CSCwith the NOA1, the NOA2 and the NVC letter along with it, his notarized I-134 and the attachments along with it and his letter of intent to marry addressed to the US Consulate in Manila. Naturally I also prepared the proof of an on-going relationship mainly through call logs that we communicate everyday.

Here are my questions:

1. Did I miss anything above?

2. I also accomplished all the DS Forms (156, 156K and 157) already, save for my signature and photos required, IS THIS OK? To prepare ahead? It said they are availed online so I did. I thought I would not wait till interview to do them to save time and keep nerves in check :)

I would appreciate more suggestions on what I should bring to the Consulate. I honestly limited my documents to 3 clear books only. Putting all the legal forms together and the rest of the two are proofs of a bona fide relationship.

Again, thanks in advance! (F) Happy Sunday to all!

Edited by BrianandMerne

Life is beautiful!

goodluck to ur interview....

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Good afternoon to all!

I decided to post here because I know I would get the best answers to a number of questions I have from you, regarding my preparations for interview at the US Consulate in Manila. Thank you in advance for your responses (F)

I have already prepared the needed legal papers for identification purpose (NSO certified Birth Certificate, NSO certified Certificate of No Record of Marriage, NBI Clearance specific for travel abroad with a notation "no record on file"), my letter of intent to marry addressed to the US Consulate in Manila this time and Brian will be sending my copy of the I-129F he sent to CSCwith the NOA1, the NOA2 and the NVC letter along with it, his notarized I-134 and the attachments along with it and his letter of intent to marry addressed to the US Consulate in Manila. Naturally I also prepared the proof of an on-going relationship mainly through call logs that we communicate everyday.

Here are my questions:

2. I also accomplished all the DS Forms (156, 156K and 157) already, save for my signature and photos required, IS THIS OK? To prepare ahead? It said they are availed online so I did. I thought I would not wait till interview to do them to save time and keep nerves in check :)

I would appreciate more suggestions on what I should bring to the Consulate. I honestly limited my documents to 3 clear books only. Putting all the legal forms together and the rest of the two are proofs of a bona fide relationship.

BrianandMerne,

:dance::dance::dance: so your ready now!anyway i just want to ask about that DS FORMS,,im still confused with mine..did you fill it out online and print or can i print it first then fill up the forms?and whats DS156K?

thank you very much!God bless!

ALASKA,USA------------------------MINDANAO,PHILIPPINES

I GOT THE VISA!!!!THANK YOU LORD! (OCTOBER 21,2009)

HAPPILY MARRIED TO MY WONDERFUL HUSBAND

November 19,2009------Got married

January 19,2010--------Application received date by USCIS

January 28,2010--------Notice date for Biometrics

February 12,2010--------Biometrics appointment @ 9am (done)

February 15,2010--------Last Updated (I-485 & I-765)

February 18,2010--------dated by USCIS(scheduling for my interview)

January 25,2010--------NOA1 date(I-485,I-765,I-131)

January 29,2010--------touch for my AP

February 15,2010--------touch for my EAD

March 11,2010-----------for my AOS..and always checking our mailbox..hehehe

March 10,2010------------Interview for my AOS @ 9am (done) and waiting for the result.. whew...

March 22,2010------------Received my Greencard!so happy!

Hi philgirl... trying to be ready to keep myself from missing something when the time is set. Regarding the DS forms, I filled them all online and printed right after. The 156K is an inclusion for the visa application which is specifically required to be filled out by the fiance/e applicant. What are you confused about? Maybe I can help?

Life is beautiful!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi philgirl... trying to be ready to keep myself from missing something when the time is set. Regarding the DS forms, I filled them all online and printed right after. The 156K is an inclusion for the visa application which is specifically required to be filled out by the fiance/e applicant. What are you confused about? Maybe I can help?

Make sure that 156K form is not a "non-immigrant" form. I believe you are doing an "immigrant visa" with your fiance. My wife (in the Philippines) paid a fee and filled out what I think was a DS-157 form and that was all wrong. She was doing a spouse immigrant (I-130).

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.

-LAO TZU

I-130 Timeline for Mother:

10/17/12 Mailed I-130

10/25/12 Check cashed & application accepted

Make sure that 156K form is not a "non-immigrant" form. I believe you are doing an "immigrant visa" with your fiance. My wife (in the Philippines) paid a fee and filled out what I think was a DS-157 form and that was all wrong. She was doing a spouse immigrant (I-130).

Thank you Ski. DS157 is given by the bank after paying the visa fee. It is only utilized as a proof of payment during the interview. One needs to download another and fill it out for the interview. In the K1 visa we are pursuing, the 156K is required. It is all in the instructions really. Understandably, your wife fills out probably quite different forms from what I did primarily as you both are pursuing a spousal visa.

Edited by BrianandMerne

Life is beautiful!

Your good to go girl!

Kami nga di notorized ang I-134, I didnt even bother creating a new letter of intent to marry ---just reprinted what we filed at USCIS --- and I got through (L)

Good luck and don't forget to bring your confidence and smile on the interview day. :)

Bluerose

Timeline

Hi BrianandMerne,

thanx for the fast reply!im confused if do need to make my own copy and do it online,or wait for our lawyer to have it with me..did your lawyer do the DS156,156K AND 157 forms?how many copy each DS FORMS?

GOD BLESS!goodluck for your interview soon!and go for the pink! :dance::dance::dance:

March 10,2010------------Interview for my AOS @ 9am (done) and waiting for the result.. whew...

Bluerose, Forestrose, Ddart and Phgirl thank you! (F) I appreciate your encouragement.

To Phgirl, since you have commissioned an immigration lawyer to do the paperwork, I would imagine he would fill those up all for you. Just my thoughts however. For certain, he'd be asking you for the details about you as needed in the forms. Per instructions, you need 2 copies for the 156 and 157 and 1 copy for the 156K. We decided against a lawyer as we found the instructions very easy and we thought further on that the lawyer literally comes to both of us for every bit of information he needs for every paperwork at all times. Hence we decided to save our money :)

Life is beautiful!

Timeline
Bluerose, Forestrose, Ddart and Phgirl thank you! (F) I appreciate your encouragement.

To Phgirl, since you have commissioned an immigration lawyer to do the paperwork, I would imagine he would fill those up all for you. Just my thoughts however. For certain, he'd be asking you for the details about you as needed in the forms. Per instructions, you need 2 copies for the 156 and 157 and 1 copy for the 156K. We decided against a lawyer as we found the instructions very easy and we thought further on that the lawyer literally comes to both of us for every bit of information he needs for every paperwork at all times. Hence we decided to save our money :)

Hi BrianandMerne,

thanx for the reply!anyway im glad to hear that at least i'm not gonna be bothered and confused about that forms though..id rather wait and see what will happens,,yeah i have been filling out online with the lawyers forms he send us,maybe that's what the form is for.

WISH YOU LUCK SIS! :dance::dance::dance: for sure pink yan makuha mo! :thumbs::dance::dance:

MarkandRoda,

Good afternoon to all!

Here are my questions:

Hi, my posts from my interview experience might help you, just click on my blogs and look down the tags of my interview preparations,,,,Good luck and God bless!

bYG2g6k.jpgbYG2m4.png

Sent - July 5, 2011(California Service Center)

Received - July 7, 2011

Check cleared - July 12, 2011

Removal of the Conditional Status ( approved Sept. 9, 2011)

10 Years Green Card Received (Sept. 15, 2011)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Good Luck on your interview! :star:

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Timeline
Good afternoon to all!

Here are my questions:

Suggestions!

Yah prepare all your docs in 3 clear books and put index stubs too!

First clear book Title is "IDENTIFIATION PAPERS" includes

a.)NSO Birth Certificate,

b.)CENOMAR,

c.)NBI CLEARANCE,

d.)POLICE CLEARANCE,

e.)TERMINATION OF PRIOR MARRIAGE) if Applicable to you and to your fiance

Second clear book Title is "AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT" includes

a.)Notarized Form I-134

b.)your Fiance's Employment Letter

c.)at least 3 years Tax Return w/ W2 copies

d.)rFiance's recent pay stubs - copies

Third clear book Title is " EVIDENCE OF GENUINE ENGAGEMENT" inludes

a.) Renewed Letter of intent to marry

b.) includes all the evidence or proof of continuos relationship (engagement ring receipt,chat logs,email, snail mail, cards, money remittance receipt, and put all the evidence of your prior meetings

if you do this you will feel confident in your interview even the interviewer they will give you :star: it happened to me before and it will happen to you too! Just pray and feel confident and dont feel nervous! and you will be fine.....

hope it helps!

Good luck and God bless!

arch & cel

AOS JOURNEY

2007-05-07 (PM) Married

2007-05-09 AOS package sent

2007-05-10 AOS delivered to Chicago IL (day 1)

2007-05-15 NOA (not rcved in the mail) (day 6)

2007-06-01 Biometrics Notice in the Mail (day 23)

2007-06-27 Biometrics (day 49)

2007-06-20 Interview Notice Issued (day 42)

2007-06-23 Interview Notice in the Mail (day 45)

2007-08-10 Interview 10:00 am Sn Francisco (day 93) Approved

2007-08-21 Greencard received

Removal of Condition

2009-06-19 - sent

2009-06-25 - received

2009-06-26 - cheque cash

2009-07-17 - notice date

2009-08-14 - Biomentrics

2009-09-08 - Approved

2009-09-08 - 09-15 Card production ordered (email)(day 82)

2009-09-17 - Approval notice sent (email)

2009-09-19 - 10 year greencard received (w/wrong information)

2009-09-21 - I-90 sent

2009-11-04 - Card Production Order

2009-11-09 - Approval Notice received

2009-11-10 - Touched

1009-11-14 - Replacement 10 years greencard received (55 days)from filing expired 11/09/2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.