sassysis

What is this?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

He filled out some application about a year ago, and yesterday he got an email saying

Your application is confirmed

You are eligible to participate in the coming Green card lottery.

Click here, and register

It is from USAGC, DV Lottery Services

Anyone ever heard of this? Is it some kind of scam?

He filled out some application about a year ago, and yesterday he got an email saying

Click here, and register

No ,there is a Diversity lottery every year. Check the USCIS website for details.

But they dont send out eligibilty emails, you just apply. And if you qualify, you may win the DV lottery to come to USA.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Click here, and register

No ,there is a Diversity lottery every year. Check the USCIS website for details.

But they dont send out eligibilty emails, you just apply. And if you qualify, you may win the DV lottery to come to USA.

Here is the link to the 2011 diversity lottery > http://www.dvlottery.com/

Truly happy!!!

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Click here, and register

thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Use only the real DV lottery site. There is never an application fee or processing fee for the REAL DV lottery site, unless of course you win and then u have to pay the visa fees.

If it ask for money, looks fishy (ads on the email), is not from a US government email address it is a scam.

Never pay to enter the DV lottery.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Use only the real DV lottery site. There is never an application fee or processing fee for the REAL DV lottery site, unless of course you win and then u have to pay the visa fees.

If it ask for money, looks fishy (ads on the email), is not from a US government email address it is a scam.

Never pay to enter the DV lottery.

I agree with you. There are a lot of DV lottery scams out there that request that you pay money up front. A lot of unsuspecting people have been scammed this way. Make sure it is the official DV lottery site.

Edited to add: I googled USAGC and it looks like it is a privately owned website and has nothing to do with the gov't. Looks like it is a scam.

Meriem (F)

Edited by Meriem_DZ

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Click here, and register

Beth, that is a ".com" I am not even sure that is right. At the bottom of the link you gave it says, "not affiliated with the United States Department. I think this one is the correct one. http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_1322.html Any official site that has to do with the US gov't will have a ".gov" at the end.

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Click here, and register

Beth, that is a ".com" I am not even sure that is right. At the bottom of the link you gave it says, "not affiliated with the United States Department. I think this one is the correct one. http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_1322.html Any official site that has to do with the US gov't will have a ".gov" at the end.

Meriem (F)

OOOOO yes your right Meriem, my fault, thank you for correcting this, sorry all.

Truly happy!!!

Click here, and register

The department of State never sends email to people asking them to register for a DV lottery. It's clearly a scam.

Just google USAGC.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Prague, Czech Republic

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-15

Check Cashed: 2009-07-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-20

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-01

NVC Received : 2009-10-06

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-15

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-15

Visa Received : 2009-12-16

US Entry :

Marriage :

AOS:

Event Date

CIS Office : Washington DC

Date Filed : 2010-07-26

NOA Date : 2010-08-06

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2010-09-09

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date :2011-01-07

Approval / Denial Date :2011-01-07

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.