raphael7546

Do they still do I- 130 interviews in Vancouver?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My daughter didn't use the k-2 follow to join when I came here 4 yrs ago, on a K-1 visa.(Long story)

My husband filed for her as his step daughter and we received the noa1 quite awhile ago. The only info we have so far, is that its been transferred to California. (She is in Vancouver, BC and we are in Salt Lake, Utah.)

I was wondering if her interview will be in Vancouver (mine was) or in Montreal. I've heard mixed answers on this. Has anyone had a minor child interview in Vancouver lately?

I'm hoping it will be in Vancouver because that's where she lives and I have never been to Montreal. My hubby & I will be coming to her interview.

Any help would be appreciated.

A Lily & A Rose...Together Forever !

April 28th INTERVIEW DATE !!!!!!!! APPROVED

June 30th Arrived in my Sweeties Arms !!

August 4th.2005 Our Wedding

Sept. 19th Sent AOS

Sept 28th recieved NOA for AOS

Nov.05/05 recieved Biometrics letter

Nov.17th Biometrics Appt.

Nov. 22nd. AP Approved

Nov. 25th/05 recieved EAD card

Nov.30th. recieved AP Papers in mail

Dec. 08th/05 Recieved Snail mail letter for AOS Interview Feb 15th 7:40 AM.

Feb. 15th. /06 AOS Interview SUCCESS !!!! no more to deal with for another 2 yrs!

Feb. 27th./06 Recieved Greencard in the mail

August 4th/06 Our First Wedding Anniversary !!

Feb. 8th 08 Sent in Packet to remove conditions

Feb 23rd 08 Recieve NOA letter stating they are extending my Greencard for another year.

March 11th 08 biometrics appt.

May 29th 08 recieved email stating Card production ordered

June 7th 2008 10 yr card recieved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

alfie.jpg

My lil Alfie boy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My daughter didn't use the k-2 follow to join when I came here 4 yrs ago, on a K-1 visa.(Long story)

My husband filed for her as his step daughter and we received the noa1 quite awhile ago. The only info we have so far, is that its been transferred to California. (She is in Vancouver, BC and we are in Salt Lake, Utah.)

I was wondering if her interview will be in Vancouver (mine was) or in Montreal. I've heard mixed answers on this. Has anyone had a minor child interview in Vancouver lately?

I'm hoping it will be in Vancouver because that's where she lives and I have never been to Montreal. My hubby & I will be coming to her interview.

Any help would be appreciated.

Vancouver is out I was told. You could contact NVC and find out more info when your case arrives there.

JNR

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Vancouver no longer does immigrant visa interviews, unfortunately.

This is correct.

IR1/CR1/IR5

All IR1 /CR1 and IR5 visas will be processed/interview at Montreal.

K Visas

K visas are processed/interviewed at both Montreal and Vancouver, depending on your Province of Residence:

Manitoba and West: Vancouver

Ontario and East: Montreal

Edited by trailmix

Timeline
Vancouver no longer does immigrant visa interviews, unfortunately.

This is correct.

IR1/CR1/IR5

All IR1 /CR1 and IR5 visas will be processed/interview at Montreal.

K Visas

K visas are processed/interviewed at both Montreal and Vancouver, depending on your Province of Residence:

Manitoba and West: Vancouver

Ontario and East: Montreal

Well this is just stupid! How do they expect a 13 yr old to go to an interview in Montreal if they had no one to take them???! I'm not even sure if I can get time off from work! :angry:

Sept. 19th Sent AOS

Nov. 22nd. AP Approved

Feb. 15th. /06 AOS Interview SUCCESS !!!! no more to deal with for another 2 yrs!

Feb 23rd 08 Recieve NOA letter stating they are extending my Greencard for another year.

alfie.jpg

My lil Alfie boy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Will a 13 year old be required to have an interview?

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Guess so - from the auto reply email of the Montreal Consulate:

Q10: Who must attend the interview? Do I need to bring all my children?

A: Children under 14 are not required to attend the interview, unless they are being petitioned individually (visa categories IR-2, CR-2, IR-3 and IR-4). Waiting times at the Consulate can sometimes be long. All other applicants are required to attend the interview. Please note, however, that all persons issued a visa must reenter the United States through a border to activate their visas.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline
Guess so - from the auto reply email of the Montreal Consulate:

Q10: Who must attend the interview? Do I need to bring all my children?

A: Children under 14 are not required to attend the interview, unless they are being petitioned individually (visa categories IR-2, CR-2, IR-3 and IR-4). Waiting times at the Consulate can sometimes be long. All other applicants are required to attend the interview. Please note, however, that all persons issued a visa must reenter the United States through a border to activate their visas.

So , we got the letter stating that her case has been transferred to NVC. Not sure how long after it gets transferred that she will get an interview date. Not even sure what they ask a 13 yr old at an interview.

I'm a 10 yr green card holder who came on a k-1 from Vancouver.

Since we were told it takes longer for me to apply as her bio- mom, my husband ( US citizen) applied for her as his minor step daughter under 21 . Her case type is I-130 Petition for Alien relative. I haven't found anything at NVC that pertains to a I130 minor child, just Spouse visas. Sighs!

I would look into prices for flights from Vancouver to Montreal but since I have no clue what month her interview or what day it will be, it won't help. Guess I just better start saving my pennies. Is there more fees in this next step?

Sept. 19th Sent AOS

Nov. 22nd. AP Approved

alfie.jpg

My lil Alfie boy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.