qp24113

XOOM SUCKS!!!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i just want to share my experience with XOOM... their commercial is very convincing that the beneficiary will receive the money in minutes with the lowest fee... what happened was, i decided to use XOOM for the very first time... send $200 using my bank account but after I made the transaction it says that the status is still pending and will take about 4 business days to get approval (by the way, my bank account have funds)... then and there i decided to call customer service to cancel and a representative assured me that the transaction will be CANCEL (received a confirmation #) and amount will not be withdrawn from my bank... two days later, i did my random online banking and found out that they have withdrawn the amount and checked XOOM website and found out that they just on the process of canceling the transaction after 2 days from my request... is this what you call GOOD SERVICE??? even their representative are so unreliable. this is not a good business... yes they may claim that they have the lowest fee but they DEFINITELY have the POOREST SERVICE in the money transfer business...

K1 Timeline Visa

APRIL 8, 2009 - The Journey Begins....

1 DAY - USCIS Received Application

99 DAYS - I-129F Application Approved

114 DAYS - NVC Received Package

118 DAYS - Package left NVC

125 DAYS - USEM received package

138 DAYS - Medical Exam from April 8, 2009

147 DAYS - Interview Passed

174 DAYS - POE

AOS Timeline

JANUARY 8, 2010 - AOS Application Sent

11 DAYS – NOA Hardcopy Received (AOS, EAD, AP)

15 DAYS – Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

31 DAYS – Biometrics Appointment @ 12:00 pm

52 DAYS – EAD Approved

59 DAYS – Employment Authorization Card & Advance Parole (Travel Docs) Received

67 DAYS – Adjustment of Status Approved

sorry to hear that . abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Yeah, When you use your bank account, it will take 2-4 business days before your beneficiary receives the money.

But when you use Credit card, the money is available in minutes.

My husband happen to use his bank account rather than credit card, and yeah, it took me 3 days before I was able to received the money.

So if you are in a rush, use CC.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Yeah, When you use your bank account, it will take 2-4 business days before your beneficiary receives the money.

But when you use Credit card, the money is available in minutes.

My husband happen to use his bank account rather than credit card, and yeah, it took me 3 days before I was able to received the money.

So if you are in a rush, use CC.

hey little correction about xoom

the availablity of the money depends how long have u been using xoom, and also if u use charge card they charge u double. i have xoom for more than a year, i use charge cards, money market account, personal checking account, business checking account and paypal. if i use paypal or charge card i pay about $9.00 and if i use bank accounts then i pay $4.00 for $100 dollars transfer. after a year of using my xoom now my money transfer is only less than 5 minutes. before that it was about 30 minutes, if i transfer to her account the time is less than a minute. and when i started i had a linit of only $1000.00 a month and then after 6 months they raise to $3000.00 a month and now after a year my limit is $6000.00 a month. xoom works great for me but i feel bad for the OP that they had bad experience with xoom. abby

Edited by AbbynSheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

I've had very good experience with Xoom. I do agree the first time you have a bank account withdrawl it takes about 4 days. When you see the money leave your account they change the amount by a few pennies and you can enter this and speed up the process and get the money in a couple of days. The next time you do a bank account withdrawl they have the money ready for pick up in an hour or so.

Sincerely,

Bill

I used xoom too for the first time to send money in the Philippines.I used my bank account..didn't encounter any problems.My brother got the money in just few minutes.

When I was still in the Philippines,My husband used xoom to send me money...he didn't encouter problems and I didn't encounter problems too getting the money.I got in a few minutes also.

Sorry to hear that you encounter problems.As I know at first..they will charge you $1 first then when the transaction is complete that's when they will charge you the amount you send and the xoom fee..then the $1 they charge at you first,.you will get it back.

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

My husband and I use xoom for 4 years now. We had a very good experienced with xoom. My husband send money to my parents twice a month and I send twice a month too for my sister that is in medical school. We both use our bank checking account. We never encounter any problem at all. The money is available for pick up in just a minute. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I'm sorry to hear about your experienced with xoom. Since it is your first time to send the money it will take fews days.

:star: Princess :star:

threemonths09.jpg?t=1272087150Princess-Threemonthsold007-2.jpg?t=1271837591threemonths01-1.jpg?t=1272086957

Our Princess have her first tooth at five months of age.

fEdIm5.png?J2iWLNZY

I-130 (IR-5) Petitions for my Mom and Dad

*06-08-2010---Petition will send on this date???

I also used XOOM for many months first time it took 3 days but since then it takes about 4 hours or so....could be because we use it on weekends alot.

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I also used XOOM for many months first time it took 3 days but since then it takes about 4 hours or so....could be because we use it on weekends alot.

I've used Xoom quite a bit and usually the money is ready in less than 5 minutes using a bank check card that is attached to my checking account. Yes, using a checking account takes about 4 or 5 days to clear, because they want to insure they got the funds before making the transfer. Xoom in my opinion, is actually a good way to go. Just get a check card for your checking account and after that it will be easy to use. I suggest understanding their side, and giving them the benefit of the doubt on this one. I think if you will give them another chance, you will find the service to be about the best possible. Good Luck!

Timeline
i just want to share my experience with XOOM... their commercial is very convincing that the beneficiary will receive the money in minutes with the lowest fee... what happened was, i decided to use XOOM for the very first time... send $200 using my bank account but after I made the transaction it says that the status is still pending and will take about 4 business days to get approval (by the way, my bank account have funds)... then and there i decided to call customer service to cancel and a representative assured me that the transaction will be CANCEL (received a confirmation #) and amount will not be withdrawn from my bank... two days later, i did my random online banking and found out that they have withdrawn the amount and checked XOOM website and found out that they just on the process of canceling the transaction after 2 days from my request... is this what you call GOOD SERVICE??? even their representative are so unreliable. this is not a good business... yes they may claim that they have the lowest fee but they DEFINITELY have the POOREST SERVICE in the money transfer business...

Global Money Card from Philippine National bank. I used them for years research PNB-RCI and rapid remit. 5.00 fee up to 500.00 and excellent service.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2008-08-21

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-08-29

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-01-26

NVC Received : 2009-02-02

NVC Left : 2009-02-09

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-02-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-07-16

Visa Received : 2009-07-22

US Entry : 2009-08-11

Marriage : 2009-08-21

Comments : She recived the first notice from Manila on Valentines day. Perfect timing.

The first setback came during the medical. Naty had to do the 3 day sputum and then we waited 2 months for the results. YESSSS>came back negative

Went for her interview on July 16th and received her Pink Slip......Finally. Paid the AIR21 and I expect her here August 10th, 2009. Marriage will be August 21st, exactly 4 years to the day that we first met.

Timeline

I've been using xoom since last year, send money to Phils. every month. It only takes less than 5 minutes and it's ready for pick up but in the month of June 2009 I encounter like yours where it took 4 days. I called their customer service and argued about it cause it is really unusual and they didn't give me the answer. I used the same bank account since I started using xoom. Well, anyway my family got it after 4 days and really I was not happy at all. July and August I have no problem yet. I hope it won't happen again.

K1 Process:
April 22, 2008 I-129F NOA1
Aug. 25, 2008 I-129F NOA2
Aug. 28, 2008 NVC left
Sept. 09, 2008 Consulate received
Sept. 16, 2008 Appointment notice received
Sept. 23, 2008 Filed Jap. police clearance
Sept. 24-25, 2008 Medical exam Done. Thank God I'm healthy
Oct. 03, 2008 Interview date
Nov. 11, 2008 Got a call from Jap. Embassy PC ready for pick up
Nov. 13, 2008 Picked up and submitted the Police clearance to USEM
Nov. 28, 2008 Visa is ready for delivery
Dec. 02, 2008 Visa in transit to Cebu (delayed bcuz Dec. 1 was holiday)
Dec. 03, 2008 Visa received abot na jud tawn Thank you Lord.
Dec. 08, 2008 POE Hawaii, Honolulu
Dec. 09, 2008 Got married (wedding and honeymoon in Hawaii)
Dec. 12, 2008 Newly wed couple flew to SFO, CA

AOS Process:
Feb. 04, 2009 USCIS received AOS docs.
Feb. 12, 2009 NOA received (AOS and EAD)
Feb. 13, 2009 Biometrics appointment received
Feb. 25, 2009 Biometrics schedule (10 AM) San Francisco DONE
March 14, 2009 Received interview schedule
April 11, 2009 Received EAD card
April 21, 2009 Interview (APPROVED) (2 months 17 days from filing)

April 28, 2009 Welcome Letter received
May 2, 2009 GREEN CARD received (2 months and 29 days)
May 22, 2009 Filed SSN
May 24, 2009 Got SSN at SSA
June 11, 2009 SSN Card received in mail

Naturalization

April 30, 2013 N-400 mailed (i used regular mail not express)

May 3, 2013 NOA priority date (received in mail 05/09/13)
May 8, 2013 Check cashed out, received text and email (N-400 accepted)

May 31, 2013 Biometrics

June 4, 2013 In Line

June 6, 2013 Received email and text N400 has been scheduled
June 10, 2013 Received letter in mail
July 16, 2013 Interview @3:30pm SFO

qlko09mo73vl.png

I've been using Xoom for years now with the same bank account and no problem, here's what they do, if you are a FIRST TIME customer and used bank account they need 4 days to verify the bank so if you're first time customer need to send it ahead before your gal needs it......if you are planning to send a big amount they need the exact amount of money that was credited on your online statement from your bank and verify it with XOOM, if you did that, the money is available in minutes, the exact money you send in this case is different in few cents than the amount you sent though, they do all this so they are protected and don't encounter bogus account!

K2 ROC Time line
08/31/11 - package sent to CSC
09/02/11 - package delivered(Labor day weekend)
09/07/11 - check cashed
09/21/11 - requested NOA replacement
09/29/11 - received replacement of NOA(no NOA date)
02/03/12 - email received card production ordered!!!
02/09/12 - GC received

N-400 Time line
09/05/12 - package sent to Phoenix AZ
09/07/12 - package received
09/10/12 - NOA sent
09/11/12 - check cashed, email and text received
09/13/12 - biometrics sent
09/14/12 - received NOA(took 4 days to received!!!)
09/15/12 - biometrics letter received
09/26/12 - finger print done
09/28/12 - placed in line for an interview schedule
11/21/12 - interview scheduled
11/28/12 - received interview letter
12/26/12 - INTERVIEW DAY at 2pm
12/31/12 - scheduled for oath ceremony
01/17/13 - OATH CEREMONY

I-30 Petition for Father

6/23/16 - sent application

6/29/16 - NOA1

8/03/16 - NOA2

9/19/16 - NVC approved notice thru email

9/25/16 - AOS fee paid online

Timeline

Xoom has been great for me, I have it taken straight from my bank account and transferred to her bank account. Usually done in a few hours.

When I send it to her to pick up cash it is ready in about 10 minutes :)

And yes, the first time you try to send money, send a small amount, and it won't take so long to process (they have to verify your bank account and get permission from your bank to make the withdrawal), after that first amount is done, then you can send a bigger amount and it will go faster. :)

So don't give up on them, they are still way cheaper than WU.

i dont like xoom...there rate in peso is lower than wu....i use moneygram they have higher rate in peso.

Zoom sucks indeed huh! Better send money thru Moneygram.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.