lrr1998

Lagos Embassy email address

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello

Has anyone else been having trouble sending email to Lagos embassy or do i just have the wrong address ? I have looked on here and on the Embassy website and they all give the same email address of "LagosIV@state.gov". But everytime I try and email them this is what i get sent back :

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

LagosIV@state.gov

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Lagos shuts down their email servers at night I think. So if your question is about an immigrant visa then make sure you email them at a time they would be open.

some of their other addresses

If your inquiry concerns a nonimmigrant visa case, please resend your email to LagosNIV@state.gov

If your inquiry concerns a student visa case, please resend your email to LagosStudentVisas@state.gov

If your inquiry concerns American Citizen Services, please resend your email to LagosACS@state.gov

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Lagos shuts down their email servers at night I think. So if your question is about an immigrant visa then make sure you email them at a time they would be open.

some of their other addresses

If your inquiry concerns a nonimmigrant visa case, please resend your email to LagosNIV@state.gov

If your inquiry concerns a student visa case, please resend your email to LagosStudentVisas@state.gov

If your inquiry concerns American Citizen Services, please resend your email to LagosACS@state.gov

Ok thanks. That must be it then cause it was sent from here at 3pm which would make it 9pm there. I didnt know that shutdown at night.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I was using LagosIV@state.gov. A few times I would get a rejection and it was because their mailbox was full. I would wait a day or so and try again. Once they start clearing out some of their emails it should go through.

K1 Journey:

Filed: 2009-01-12... USCIS Approved: 2009-06-05... 1st Interview/Admin Review: 2009-09-09...2nd Interview/Approved: 2010-01-27

AOS Journey:

Filed: 2010-05-20... Interview: 2010-11-30... Approved: 2010-12-03... Card Rcvd: 2010-12-18...

Whew! Done!.... Well, for the next two years anyway...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
I was using LagosIV@state.gov. A few times I would get a rejection and it was because their mailbox was full. I would wait a day or so and try again. Once they start clearing out some of their emails it should go through.

Yes mstamiz2much is correct, it means their email is full.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
We have no embassy in Lagos, just a consulate. the "lagoscons" is the right e-mail if you are inquiring about a visa application.

Wrong that addy is to try to get a response on consulate matters. The LagosIV is for immigrant visas. LagosNIV for nonimmigrant visas. Most people still refer to Lagos as an embassy as it was one until 1991 when the government decided that Lagos was beyond repair and moved to Abuja. We all know the difference. NOt only is Lagos a hard place to get an approval from it is hard to get anyone to talk to you

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Hello

Has anyone else been having trouble sending email to Lagos embassy or do i just have the wrong address ? I have looked on here and on the Embassy website and they all give the same email address of "LagosIV@state.gov". But everytime I try and email them this is what i get sent back :

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

LagosIV@state.gov

"If you think education is expensive ... try IGNORANCE!"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.